The NFL's Best Coaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jason in LA View Post
    I wouldn't rank him very high, but not for the reasons stated in that article. His win/loss record got a huge shot in the arm when the Broncos signed Manning. That added 26 regular season wins to it over two years.

But I don't think there was one decision in the Super Bowl that cost them the game. Down 29-0, that game was a wrap! There really wasn't another decision to make.
    It adds about 10 wins if the Broncos go 8-8 every year. It depends on where the Broncos spend the $100 million given to Peyton. The new regime showed improvements in year 1 without Peyton. There's no reason to think we wouldn't have kept improving the last two years if we went a different direction. I think Peyton has given him 6 additional wins tops.

Comment

I don't think that's necessarily fair to Fox. I've always felt that he is a really good coach - pretty much a players coach and a numbers coach. He has a solid career record, and has taken two different teams to Super Bowls - one with Jake Delhomme, and the other with half the defense and an All-Pro left tackle on IR.

Edit - I think he's at least average.
      Last edited by Mogulseeker; 02-14-2014, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
        okay...
        Which team were you hoping Peyton Manning would sign with? You probably didn't want him to come to Denver since the team is a bunch of losers without him. Peyton thought differently. He thought Denver was ready to win now. That gave us an edge over most teams, but not San Francisco. I think he felt like he would mesh with John Fox over somebody like Harbaugh. He liked the presence of Elway. Elway hadn't proven much yet, only a one year turnaround that started with hiring John Fox.

Comment

what an total **** hole article. So many coaches ranked where they shouldn't be. What a waste of Internet space.

Comment

Working...
          X