• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NFL's Best Coaches

Not to Shabby

20. John Fox

Career Record: 107-85 (.557)

With The Broncos Since: 2011

Fox is nothing if not a kindred spirit to Mike Smith. Fox has been with the Broncos for three seasons, in which time he’s had two defining moments. The first was a kneel down. The second, a punt. Sometimes coaches make decisions that increase their team’s win probability by 5-6 percent. Other times they literally punt from their opponents’ 39-yard line down 29-0 in the third quarter of the freaking Super Bowl. Like Smith, Fox is never going to be accused of not having his files in order. Like Smith, Fox coaches not to lose, even when he has the most-prolific offense of all time. You play to win the game. Unless you’re Fox, in which case, you’d rather sleep at night.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl-39-...0815--nfl.html

Lol what a **** article

Comment

I open it just to see where Foxy was. Not entirely surprised. I also don't really disagree with the top 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
        I didn't read it... I still cant bring myself to watch ANY sport shows...if I hear one more thing about Pete Carol Im gonna throw up.....I keep fanataizing that the same thing is going to happen to him that did in his USC days...he got caught cheating...its better then dealing with the SB loss...
        I also hate Pete Carroll but he did take Fox to the woodshed and beat his ass black and blue.

Comment

Fox is more corch than coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
            I don't know what that means but that's funny as hell....
            http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=corch

Comment

Tomlin is far better than #16, There are not 20 coaches better than Fox, this list is horse ****.

Comment

ouch

17. Ron Rivera

Career Record: 25-23 (.521)

With The Panthers Since: 2011

Rivera would be on the street and off this list had he not embraced something so few coaches do: Reinvention. Sitting at 1-3 after the Panthers’ 22-6 loss to the Cardinals in Week 5, Rivera decided he wasn’t going to take it anymore. Fighting the hot seat fire with fire, Savings Bond Ron morphed into Riverboat Ron, deciding there were punts you could pass up. Winning the game took precedence over winning the field-position game. Buoyed by Rivera’s gut — and defense — the Panthers ended the year on an 11-1 tear, downing the 49ers, Patriots and Saints in the process. Rivera’s hot finish can’t be questioned. What can be questioned is if “Riverboat Ron” is here to stay. If Rivera’s truly found religion, winning will remain his church. If not, he’ll go back to being just another John Fox without a Peyton Manning.

Comment

The original article comes from Rotoworld which tells you all you need to know about it. Only worthwhile info that ever comes from that site is their links to other sites breaking news.

Comment

What they wrote about Fox and when mentioning him in relationship to other coaches, spot on. He does play not to lose, because of that he does lose and in mega fashion. For a coach that has been to two divisional rounds and the SB in his 3 years and is ranked 20 says a lot.

Comment

Corch Fox isn't 20th, but he's probably not higher than 15th.

Comment

Carroll at 2 and Harbaugh at 3 screams myopia.

Chip Kelly AND Bruce Arians are above 2-time Super Bowl winner Tom Coughlin? This is Bleacher Report level crap.

Also, am I the only one who would like to see Gase take over the reins after 2014-15?

Comment

Keep in mind he's 20th out of 25 as they didn't rank the new coaches.

I'm trying to figure out how he got ranked so high, I think it's due to the winning record but the write up is hilarious if not sad.

Comment

I wouldn't rank him very high, but not for the reasons stated in that article. His win/loss record got a huge shot in the arm when the Broncos signed Manning. That added 26 regular season wins to it over two years.

But I don't think there was one decision in the Super Bowl that cost them the game. Down 29-0, that game was a wrap! There really wasn't another decision to make.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason in LA View Post
                              I wouldn't rank him very high, but not for the reasons stated in that article. His win/loss record got a huge shot in the arm when the Broncos signed Manning. That added 26 regular season wins to it over two years.

But I don't think there was one decision in the Super Bowl that cost them the game. Down 29-0, that game was a wrap! There really wasn't another decision to make.
                              The team came out FLAT in a SB. Fox can't light a fire under them at all esp in big games.
                              Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 02-15-2014, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X