• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wells/Weiss report released on Martin/Incognito

Basically, Incognito is an a-hole.

DUH!!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-wells-report/

Said Mr. Wells: “The Report concludes that three starters on the Dolphins offensive line, Richie Incognito, John Jerry and Mike Pouncey, engaged in a pattern of harassment directed at not only Jonathan Martin, but also another young Dolphins offensive lineman and an assistant trainer. The Report finds that the assistant trainer repeatedly was the object of racial slurs and other racially derogatory language; that the other offensive lineman was subjected to homophobic name-calling and improper physical touching; and that Martin was taunted on a persistent basis with sexually explicit remarks about his sister and his mother and at times ridiculed with racial insults and other offensive comments.”

“The Report rejects any suggestion that Martin manufactured claims of abuse after the fact to cover up an impetuous decision to leave the team. Contemporaneous text messages that Martin sent to his parents and others months before he left the Dolphins—which have never before been made public—corroborate his account that the persistent harassment by his teammates caused him significant emotional distress. The Report concludes that the harassment by Martin’s teammates was a contributing factor in his decision to leave the team, but also finds that Martin’s teammates did not intend to drive Martin from the team or cause him lasting emotional injury,” said Mr. Wells.

read the texts and although there is inappropriate usage of terms in a normal environment. I did find this behavior to be PG-13 compared to my HS football locker room. Martin was raised by a women's lib lawyer and comes from a very "soft" background. He was not tough enough to take the NFL culture and will find it extremely difficult to get a job.

Comment

They needed an investigation to tell them that Incognito is a troglodyte ahole? Anybody in the league could have told them that.

Comment

To be honest, after reading their text exchanges a while back...I lost some sympathy for Martin. Incognito is an asshole, but Martin isn't really the innocent peach he's made out to be.

Comment

And he will still be working next year in the nfl.......

Martin is the guy that no one will want to tough. Who wants a rat?

Comment

I have no clue why people continue to defend incognito. This report included the texts, interviews with all dolphins players and personnel, among other crap and they concluded the obvious. Yet some continue to defend this dickhead

Comment

Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
              And he will still be working next year in the nfl.......

Martin is the guy that no one will want to tough. Who wants a rat?
              I think Martin has a better shot than incognito

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
                I have no clue why people continue to defend incognito. This report included the texts, interviews with all dolphins players and personnel, among other crap and they concluded the obvious. Yet some continue to defend this dickhead
                because he didn't really do much wrong. have you played football or been exposed to the culture of football in the last 20 years? Their texts to be frank seemed like a conversation between two good friends. The usage of the N word between two friends was common.

many of my black friends on our team would call me ace boon coon as a nickname.

Comment

hell during 2 a days we would be dead by the end of the day. If anyone fell asleep before we had a post practice wrap-up meeting we had a big brotha Calvin 300lb+ DT that would have his friends hold you down as he simulated a prison style rape. Everyone on the team would laugh at your ass for a few days and you get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by rmsanger View Post
                    hell during 2 a days we would be dead by the end of the day. If anyone fell asleep before we had a post practice wrap-up meeting we had a big brotha Calvin 300lb+ DT that would have his friends hold you down as he simulated a prison style rape. Everyone on the team would laugh at your ass for a few days and you get over it.
                    Yes, I played in high school, I'm familiar this **** goes on. Thats not my point. My point is they had investigators go in and talk to ALL the players and review all the info. They had tons more access than you. Richie Incognito has been kicked off two college teams, run out of st louis, punched a security guard, sexually harrassed a woman at a team event. Im sorry, with all the above, why should i give this guy the benefit of the doubt. There's hazing, there's good natured ribbing, and there's being a complete dick. Ill safely assume Incognito was being a dick

Comment

Their texts to be frank seemed like a conversation between two good friends.
                      I am not defending anyone, I really have no dog in this hunt at all but yes, I agree. When I read them I thought, man that sounds like my buddies and I talking (N words aside, I don't do that).

Comment

I disagree Martin is too soft and doesn't stick up for himself. I'm not agreeing with what did and didn't happen, but as a 300+ grown man you need to crack some skulls and knock his block off. The best way to take care of a bully is to beat his ass. Incog is a different cat, we know this but his nasty game is something a team will take in a heartbeat. If I was the Broncos I would want this guy in the trenches, an enforcer of sort somebody nasty. Remember Romo..

Comment

No kidding. Plus the report showed there were two other linemen involved, they harassed another player and a trainer with consistent racial slurs, insults about their families, all with the explicit intention of upsetting those people.

http://deadspin.com/the-worst-stuff-...ati-1522846626

On December 7, 2012 (the anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor), Incognito, Jerry and Pouncey donned traditional Japanese headbands that featured a rising sun emblem and jokingly threatened to harm the Assistant Trainer physically in retaliation for the Pearl Harbor attack. Martin reported that the Assistant Trainer confided to him that he was upset about the Pearl Harbor prank, finding it derogatory and demeaning.
                          Player B: Especially if u plan living in Arizona in the future, that's exactly what you want

Incognito: Yea. For picking off zombies

Player B: Lol isn't that why we own any weapons!?

Incognito: That and black people

Player B: Mmm def all black ppl

Four days later, Incognito and Player B discussed rifle scopes in text messages.

Player B: Yes. That's a solid optic made specifically for a .308 battle rifle

Incognito: Perfect for shooting black people

Player B: Lol exactly

Player B: Or Jeff Ireland
                          The comments, Martin said, included jokes about slavery, and he claimed that Incognito called him a "****er" to his face at the restaurant. Incognito also insulted Martin in person and in text messages with other racially charged language, including referring to Martin as a "liberal mulatto bitch," "stinky Pakistani," "shine box" and "darkness."
                          **** anyone making this about not being "tough enough" or being too "soft." You are part of the problem. I don't give a **** if Martin wasn't an angel himself—in any work environment, including "tough guy" NFL locker rooms, behavior like this is a ****ing fireable offense.

Goddamn keyboard warriors telling people who actually play the game what level of emotional, verbal, racial abuse they should just readily accept.

Comment

read the texts and although there is inappropriate usage of terms in a normal environment. I did find this behavior to be PG-13 compared to my HS football locker room. Martin was raised by a women's lib lawyer and comes from a very "soft" background. He was not tough enough to take the NFL culture and will find it extremely difficult to get a job.
                            He's a Stanford grad. I'm sure he will find a job.

Comment

Martin and Sam could be roommates at training camp.

Comment

Working...
                              X