ot cross fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ot cross fit

Not sure who does it but it is for real. Great results for myself and I actually do it. I lifted heavy for ten years but this is legit.

Crossfit can be beneficial depending what your trying to accomplish.

Comment

[insert Knowshon Moreno crossfit joke here]

Comment

The only reason i hesitate to do crossfit is that everyone i know who has done it has gotten injured.

Comment

If you leaned out and increased muscle endurance and cardiovascular fitness, then those are in line with results from Crossfit.

Your heavy lifting previous was for body building or strength training so you utilized some Olympic/Power lifts?

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
            The only reason i hesitate to do crossfit is that everyone i know who has done it has gotten injured.
            It can also be fairly expensive. Crossfit is a cult type fad.

Comment

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qnjYyfkcaNI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

My wife absolutely loves it. She's in the best shape of her life. Unfortunately my ****ty knees won't hold up to it. You have to be careful with it. The emphasis on quick movements can lead to real injury issues.

Comment

Originally posted by enjolras View Post
                  My wife absolutely loves it. She's in the best shape of her life. Unfortunately my ****ty knees won't hold up to it. You have to be careful with it. The emphasis on quick movements can lead to real injury issues.
                  Injuries can occur in anything. Crossfit is a sport / exercise program and if you have good coaching and know your limitations and concerns and express them to your coach/trainer you should be able to do most any Crossfit exercises, I discovered Crossfit shortly after undergoing ACL reconstruction and am stronger now than ever.

Comment

I was doing it for a few months and loved it. I only stopped to recover from a surgery, then the darn CrossFit gym by my house closed (other location really took off, rent was too high, so they let it die). They can scale every exercise to fit what you can do, and a good "box" will have good trainers work with you on every move until your form is correct.
                    I can say, even in the short 2 1/2 months I was doing it (3 -4 times a week), my endurance definitely increased, and I lost 1 1/2 inches around my "beer belly"! It's a lot of sweat, but a lot of fun too!

Comment

I prefer body building myself, supplemented with some Olympic and Power lifts and Cardio.
                      If you have a good program you can increase your muscle endurance and fitness just like in Crossfit. It's all about your intensity of your workout. A good clean diet goes a long way too!

Comment

Originally posted by Navy Broncos Fan View Post
                        Injuries can occur in anything. Crossfit is a sport / exercise program and if you have good coaching and know your limitations and concerns and express them to your coach/trainer you should be able to do most any Crossfit exercises, I discovered Crossfit shortly after undergoing ACL reconstruction and am stronger now than ever.
                        There was an article in Time about Crossfit a couple months back, they said the same thing, it comes down to having a trainer that knows his stuff. The problem seems to be that some of these storefront training centers are staffed by trainers with minimal training/certification and that seems to be where a lot of people get hurt.

I can't lift or do anything as rugged as Crossfit but just doing some simple physical threrapy exercises and addding weight slowly as well as eating better has put more muscle on and toned it. I will never be a muscle bound hulk but at least I no longer look like I just got out of Oleg's gulag.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosteven View Post
                          There was an article in Time about Crossfit a couple months back, they said the same thing, it comes down to having a trainer that knows his stuff. The problem seems to be that some of these storefront training centers are staffed by trainers with minimal training/certification and that seems to be where a lot of people get hurt.

I can't lift or do anything as rugged as Crossfit but just doing some simple physical threrapy exercises and addding weight slowly as well as eating better has put more muscle on and toned it. I will never be a muscle bound hulk but at least I no longer look like I just got out of Oleg's gulag.
                          Agreed those in the business for making quick $$$ are not providing a quality product and giving it a bad name, just like any business where a few bad eggs can make it seem bad. I recently transferred and started up at a new gym, I had to quit after a couple weeks due to not liking anything I saw at the organization. I have been Crossfiting for over 4 years and been to more than 25 gyms across the U.S and this was the first time I had seen bad coaching. The coaches basically wrote the workout on the board and said have at it. For an athlete like myself who had been doing it for years I was comfortable with all the movements and such, but for those new athletes I saw many with bad form who should have been scaling or performing other exercises. This gym in particular had a great facility but the quality of the trainers and the programing was lacking in my opinion.

Still being in the military I have friends who travel to my area on training and ask me for a gym and I tell them to try out several but tell them I would probably avoid this particular gym.

I have recently started training my wife and neighbors in my new home gym and work with them on getting comfortable with the movements and scaling. For them, many of the movements can be challenging, but thats when I slow it down and work on form and function vs speed and strength.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratboy View Post
                            <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qnjYyfkcaNI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                            this

Comment

Originally posted by Ratboy View Post
                              5 minutes of my life I'll never get back.........

Comment

Working...
                              X