Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elway: what's all the fuss about Michael Sam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elway: what's all the fuss about Michael Sam?

"I applaud Michael Sam and wish him the very best as he continues the pursuit of his NFL dream," Elway said Monday." As we look toward the combine and draft, we will evaluate Michael just like any other draft prospect — on the basis of his ability, character and NFL potential. His announcement will have no effect on how we see him as a football player. Having spent 16 years in an NFL locker room (as a player), the bottom line is that it's about treating others with respect and earning that respect. By all indications, it appears Michael has done just that throughout his football career."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz2t5sBiXpQ

Good on Elway for showing leadership here.

Comment

Towing the company line, what did you expect him to say ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jetmeck View Post
        Towing the company line, what did you expect him to say ?
        31 other general managers failed to make statements regarding the same -- Elway's out front on this issue, and I'm proud of him AND our organization.

Comment

Very proud to hear this.

Comment

Gay

Comment

That's wonderful. I wonder where I read that before....oh I know...

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...&postcount=188

Still, well played by Elway I say. yes, it's a strategic PR move, but frankly nobody else was saying anything at that level. And people assumed as a conservative republican he would not openly support this, that's not true. As to whether he'd actually draft him I don't know, but it was a smart move on his part and truly the right thing to say anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Miss I. View Post
                That's wonderful. I wonder where I read that before....oh I know...

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...&postcount=188

Still, well played by Elway I say. yes, it's a strategic PR move, but frankly nobody else was saying anything at that level. And people assumed as a conservative republican he would not openly support this, that's not true. As to whether he'd actually draft him I don't know, but it was a smart move on his part and truly the right thing to say anyway.
                I agree..

Comment

Apparently Elway has never played all-female volleyball.

Comment

Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
                    Gay
                    Sooo ghey

Comment

Originally posted by Taco John View Post
                      Good on Elway for showing leadership here.
                      Yup. While Elway acknowledged Sam's "courage" in coming out......he basically says he doesn't give a **** whether he's gay or not. Being gay is not a reason to draft someone, or NOT to draft them.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 55CrushEm View Post
                          Yup. While Elway acknowledged Sam's "courage" in coming out......he basically said.
                          Sam, you like movies about gladiators?

fixed it.

Comment

"His announcement will have no effect on how we see him as a football player."

Haha bull****. He thinks we're that dumb?

Comment

While the fans get all caught up in the media storm, Elway says nothing to see here, move along.

Comment

Working...
                              X