Steal Talib from the Pats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steal Talib from the Pats?

Was just reading on Rotoworld this morning that the Pats wont Tag Talib at 11M, but rather let him test the market. The writer suggested that he could see a deal totaling 21M over 3 years.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4640/aqib-talib

I took a few things from this... 1. If Talib isnt worthy of the tag then DRC probably isnt either. 2. Same for a long term 40-50M deal. 3. It may be in the Broncos interest to over pay slightly for Talib to steal him away from the Pats.

Say what you want about the Chiefs, Chargers, Ravens, Colts, Bengals and Steelers but the Patriots are clearly still our #1 rival in the AFC.

Also, signing Talib would reunite him with Harris who he played along side of at Kansas.

I'd rather take DRC who is much less if a head case.

Comment

Talib disappears in big games..we already have enough players doing that.
      I want Elway to get leaders in this team.Enough of players like champ,Manning etc..

Comment

no, because that means we overpaid and the Pats won.

Comment

Originally posted by rmsanger View Post
          No the Pats would win by getting Talib back. He is by far their best defensive back

Comment

Originally posted by rmsanger View Post
            Nope. His replacement will be worse and I think our cap/cash will be aplenty if we dont give long term deals to Know, Deck or DRC

Comment

Originally posted by ATL-Eric View Post
              Nope. His replacement will be worse and I think our cap/cash will be aplenty if we dont give long term deals to Know, Deck or DRC
              Yes, if we sign him we over paid. It's a fact

Comment

Originally posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
                Yes, if we sign him we over paid. It's a fact
                Saying someone is Over-payed/Under-Payed is very subjective. And how do you put a price on stealing your main rivals best or 2nd best defensive player? Im not sure you understand the correct definition of the term "fact".

Comment

Talib has had suspension and health issues. I'd rather have DRC.

Comment

He won't consider Denver if Welker stays, he's scurred of him!

Comment

Do....not.....want.

He's starting to make Amendola look like Cal Ripken.

Comment

don't think the two of you got my point. We won in the Wes Welker deal 1) because we took him away from the pats and more importantly 2) we paid at or below market.

To get Talib away from the Pats # 2 wouldn't exists so we thus lose. I'm not questioning if he's good or not but we couldn't get him for a decent $.

Comment

Saying someone is Over-payed/Under-Payed is very subjective. And how do you put a price on stealing your main rivals best or 2nd best defensive player? Im not sure you understand the correct definition of the term "fact".
                          Since when are they our rival? Historically, we've owned them.

Unless you think Elway will set his scotch down long enough to do that evil Dr. hand-wringing thing, while he, Pat and Fox all laugh about how to make other teams worse. In that case, good take!

Comment

Just Sign Everybody

Comment

He would be over paid, it's a fact. Kind of like you starting the crappiest threads on the mane.

Comment

Working...
                              X