Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quanterus Smith

Honestly, what can we expect next year?

Ideally that he makes similar strides to what Malik Jackson did his first season.

Comment

Stud, you heard it here, scouted here, and drafted here first!

Comment

Originally posted by BMORE View Post
        Stud, you heard it here, scouted here, and drafted here first!
        Why? I watched some film on him and while he has a good speed rush move, he lacks the power to bull rush the better OTs and is a liability against the run.

Comment

I remember back when Med said this kid will be a nice weapon but it might take a season or two for him to get adjusted, especially post-ACL injury.

I also remember when B-More agreed with Med (after the fact) that he'd be a stud, but B-More went further and said he'd immediately destroy people.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBronco View Post
            I remember back when Med said this kid will be a nice weapon but it might take a season or two for him to get adjusted, especially post-ACL injury.

I also remember when B-More agreed with Med (after the fact) that he'd be a stud, but B-More went further and said he'd immediately destroy people.
            ! That damn MED!

Comment

Originally posted by Rascal View Post
              Why? I watched some film on him and while he has a good speed rush move, he lacks the power to bull rush the better OTs and is a liability against the run.
              He will be a subpackage pass rusher this season. He will make an impact and only continue to thrive in the NFL.

We don't need him to be an every down DE this season. Just make an impact when rotated into the game.

Comment

Half of what Simeon Rice did most Sunday's. Next.

Comment

@the know it alls

Comment

Originally posted by Rascal View Post
                    Robert Mathis disagrees with you that you need to be some powerful monster to bull rush. It's really more about technique then it is pure power. It's all about getting that Tackle to get his feet moving so he can't plant. And bull rushing is one of the least productive ways to get to the QB. Edge speed with the shoulder duck, edge move and swim to the inside and then the spin all seem much more effective.

Now I can't say anything about the run because I haven't really seen the guy much but it's nothing that many speed edge rushers don't have a problem with. Doom wasn't good against the run either but he was still a great player because he could edge rush like a beast. If this Smith kid can flat out get around the edge, he'll be fine.

Comment

Broncos should expect nothing from him and instead go after a vet DE in FA. Then if Smith develops and finds a role on the team so be it. But to hope he can contribute in a significant manner is a reach IMO. He was really raw last yr.

With Wolfe in doubt, Ayers not that good, Phillips getting long in the tooth and a FA Broncos need to probably draft a DE, and sign a DE.

Comment

^ Have to agree with cut on this one. Too much uncertainty at too important of a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
                          Broncos should expect nothing from him and instead go after a vet DE in FA. Then if Smith develops and finds a role on the team so be it. But to hope he can contribute in a significant manner is a reach IMO. He was really raw last yr.

With Wolfe in doubt, Ayers not that good, Phillips getting long in the tooth and a FA Broncos need to probably draft a DE, and sign a DE.
                          Well I see Malik Jackson improving as much as he did last year and dominating at DE next year. He'll have 10 sacks next year and still play the run awesome.

Comment

Mincey didn't look too bad in his short amount of time in Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBronco View Post

Bmore gave us a complete list of possible studs. Q Smith was one of 50 he gave in a months time span.

Comment

Working...
                              X