X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nate Jackson on Real Sports on HBO

Anyone else see this?

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/01/ex-b...eal-with-pain/

Nate was on Real sports and admitted to using weed to recover from Concussions.

Explains a lot and makes the NFL testing sound like a joke.

Former Denver Broncos wide receiver Nate Jackson spoke with HBO’s Real Sports about the benefits of using marijuana in favor of opiate-based painkillers when dealing with injuries during the season.

“You’re always battling your body,” Jackson said in the interview which airs Tuesday. “The job description is slamming yourself into another human being as hard as you can.”

Jackson played six seasons in the NFL with the Broncos and argues that marijuana actually better equipped him to deal with the rigors of the day-to-day grind in the NFL.

Former NFL punter Chris Kluwe shares Jackson’s view, and submits that most players are using pot to cope with pain, not to get high.

“It’s everywhere,” Kluwe said, “In the locker room when guys used to talk about it it wasn’t about ‘I’m going to go get blazed and tear up the town’ it was like, ‘Yeah I smoked a bit and passed out on the couch because I felt like crap after practice.’”

Despite the legalization of recreational marijuana in Washington and Colorado, the NFL has still outlawed its use among players. Another former Broncos wide receiver, Hall of Famer Shannon Sharpe, doesn’t think the policy will change any time soon.

NFL players have it pretty rough... 6 or 7 figure salaries suck.

Comment

no ****, i bust my ass for every cent, no promise of salary, i still make healthy 6 figures, but i work for it, i enjoy my weed and boooze, but i earn it, day in....day out....

hall and oates, adult education, check out the lyrics, we all have to grow up

student body had a bad reputation....what we need is adult education...

Comment

Are journalists that ****ing stupid to call Shannon Sharpe a wide receiver?

Also, I'm tired of hearing from Nate Jackson. Nobody gives a **** what you say nate.

Comment

Originally posted by wolf754life View Post
          no ****, i bust my ass for every cent, no promise of salary, i still make healthy 6 figures, but i work for it, i enjoy my weed and boooze, but i earn it, day in....day out....

hall and oates, adult education, check out the lyrics, we all have to grow up

student body had a bad reputation....what we need is adult education...
          O ya ....o ya

Comment

That whole thing was a propaganda piece for legalizing Mary Jane in the NFL. It wasn't balanced at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
              That whole thing was a propaganda piece for legalizing Mary Jane in the NFL. It wasn't balanced at all.
              does it need to be, when its such a ridiculous issue?

hate that about politics, people think you need to always show both sides of a subject, but when one side is so stupidly wrong, it doesnt even deserve recognition.

should we start being "balanced" on our reporting of the westboro baptist church, and start viewing it from their perspective?

Comment

Originally posted by tsiguy96 View Post
                does it need to be, when its such a ridiculous issue?

hate that about politics, people think you need to always show both sides of a subject, but when one side is so stupidly wrong, it doesnt even deserve recognition.

should we start being "balanced" on our reporting of the westboro baptist church, and start viewing it from their perspective?
                Yeah, it would have been better. I don't support legalization, nor NFL rules being changed.

I sense you disagree, and think the issue has all the nuance of a "westboro baptist church" issue. Okay.

Comment

Working...
                X