part of me died on Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• part of me died on Sunday

it's taken me a week to process what the hell happened on Sunday. Our team lost to a better, more prepared, more fired-up team; it happens. It's happened before, I'm sure it will happen again. What bothered me the most about it was my reaction.

I've been pretty down all week. Grumpy, upset, shell-shocked. Generally pissy all the way around. I still won't talk about the game with anyone; I won't read any news articles, in my world Sunday never happened - Saturday skipped right over to Monday, and that's all there is about that.

What bothers me is how much I care. How depressed I am, and how much I've spent over the past few years building to this...not just money (i.e. flying from Charlotte, NC to Denver to watch multiple games, which includes tickets, hotels, cars, restaurants, and airfare), but all the attention. I haven't missed a game in years, nor have I missed any article written on the internet. I have religiously lurked here for the past 3 years, I have checked into IAOFM pretty much every day since day 1. I've known exactly what's been going on with the Broncos every day since pretty much forever.

I can't do this any more. I have a wife, kids and a career. These things should be much more important and they are, that's where my focus needs to be. I shouldn't let myself get so wrapped up in a group of 53 men playing a game. I can't allow myself to get so upset when they **** the bed, which means I can't allow myself to get so excited when things are going well. I can't continue to invest my time, energy, or money like this.

A part of me died on Sunday - my Bronco-mania. I'm taking what happened as a wake-up call to focus on the rest of my life and dial back attention to the Broncos.

And just think, youre all pissed while Von's probably already forgot about it and he's laying in some Vegas hotel room right now with 4 strippers, a short chinese guy and a big bag of Purple Nurple on the coffee table

Comment

I get the point that you're upset. We're all upset. I'm just curious, though. Do you remember the Super Bowl beatings, of the 80s? When San Francisco demolished Denver, I had a bet with someone. I actually paid the guy, at HALFTIME. Nothing was going right. Football is supposed to be a DIVERSION from real life. Once the game is over, life goes on. There's ALWAYS next season...

Comment

Originally posted by mwill07 View Post
        it's taken me a week to process what the hell happened on Sunday. Our team lost to a better, more prepared, more fired-up team; it happens. It's happened before, I'm sure it will happen again. What bothered me the most about it was my reaction.

I've been pretty down all week. Grumpy, upset, shell-shocked. Generally pissy all the way around. I still won't talk about the game with anyone; I won't read any news articles, in my world Sunday never happened - Saturday skipped right over to Monday, and that's all there is about that.

What bothers me is how much I care. How depressed I am, and how much I've spent over the past few years building to this...not just money (i.e. flying from Charlotte, NC to Denver to watch multiple games, which includes tickets, hotels, cars, restaurants, and airfare), but all the attention. I haven't missed a game in years, nor have I missed any article written on the internet. I have religiously lurked here for the past 3 years, I have checked into IAOFM pretty much every day since day 1. I've known exactly what's been going on with the Broncos every day since pretty much forever.

I can't do this any more. I have a wife, kids and a career. These things should be much more important and they are, that's where my focus needs to be. I shouldn't let myself get so wrapped up in a group of 53 men playing a game. I can't allow myself to get so upset when they **** the bed, which means I can't allow myself to get so excited when things are going well. I can't continue to invest my time, energy, or money like this.

A part of me died on Sunday - my Bronco-mania. I'm taking what happened as a wake-up call to focus on the rest of my life and dial back attention to the Broncos.
        I feel your pain.

The exact thing happened last year after playoff loss against ravens.
        I didn't speak to my wife and Kids properly for couple of weeks. Didn't watch any sports. Started watching football after the pre-season started.

The problem is we will invest our energy and time again in Broncos.

That's the reason fans are pissed at Fox when he said that 15-4 record is not shabby..At least, act like you care about the fans.

The only one that felt embarrassed is Elway as he knows the passion of fans.

We can't do anything as we are attached to this.That's the reason sports are powerful.The only one that are happy at the end is one team and their fans.

Comment

You took the words right out of my mouth. I have been feeling the exact same way.

Far too invested in this thing.

Comment

So losing the superbowl = I need to dial back my fanhood?

Man.....maybe we are a 6

Comment

Time to focus on some other hobbies. Enjoy the off-season. At least we have an owner and GM in Bowlen and John Elway that are committed to competing for a championship. You could be a Jags, Vikings, or Browns fan, perpetually without any hope. The Broncos made the freaking Super Bowl. Sure it sucks how the game went down, but to even be playing in that game was a huge accomplishment. The Pats weren't there, neither were the Ravens, Steelers, Colts, Packers, Saints, 49ers, or several other good franchises.

So I think Elway's right, the farther we get from this thing the easier it will be to appreciate what this team accomplished. And I have no doubt that #7's going to make some solid moves in FA and the draft and look to improve this team even more. And as much as this loss hurts, the Broncos are well-positioned to be back in the hunt next year. That's all you can ask for as a fan. Nobody guaranteed you a championship (unless you're counting Von Miller, who wasn't even playing). And we're playing the NFC West next year, so I'd expect them to be much more prepared for something like this next time around. So keep your chin up, never lose the faith, and GO BRONCOS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2KBack View Post

Man.....maybe we are a 6
                no. Me realizing how emotionally invested I was, and the ensuing depression = I need to dial back my fanhood. You do what you need to do.

Comment

Man.....maybe we are a 6
                  He is emotional...Once the season starts, everyone of us will watch and support broncos.

Comment

Originally posted by Mile High Salute View Post
                    Time to focus on some other hobbies. Enjoy the off-season. At least we have an owner and GM in Bowlen and John Elway that are committed to competing for a championship. You could be a Jags, Vikings, or Browns fan, perpetually without any hope. The Broncos made the freaking Super Bowl. Sure it sucks how the game went down, but to even be playing in that game was a huge accomplishment. The Pats weren't there, neither were the Ravens, Steelers, Colts, Packers, Saints, 49ers, or several other good franchises.
                    Would you say that what we accomplished was not too shabby?

Comment

You are doing the right thing. Please keep the Broncos in perspective. It's just a friggen game, and we aren't even on the damn team. We can take this stuff way too seriously.

Keep it in perspective. You got a life, live it.

Comment

I think we all were in shock. We hadn't lost by more than 10 pts in the past 2 years! Our team epicly failed on the biggest stage. Like in life, sometimes you get knocked down. You still gotta pick your ass back up.

It sucks but we were there, knocking on the door of the Lombardi. Nobody likes 2nd place BUT it means we were damn good enough to have a chance and an opportunity to win it. If the dice roll a little bit different, this is a game and possibly win it. Don't fool yourself with what the media is saying, it just wasn't our day. Seattle was a good matchup against us. SF was a foot away from beating them and I don't really care what anybody says, I think we probably beat SF regardless of what our outcome vs. Seattle was. It's just how the game goes.

I can take confidence in this... I love John Elway. John Elway loves the Broncos... probably more than most of us do! He wants them to win. As much as he supports Manning, Fox, and company, he is going to do what it takes to bring another title to this city, the fans and the organization. I can relent on my anger moving forward knowing he is taking this much harder than we are and that the fans have the right guy in place to turn this thing into a super bowl winner.

Let your fan-hood take a break this offseason... go to some baseball games, hang with family and friends, do stuff on your weekends, recover and get ready for next season. Next July/August, make sure you're back on the wagon, strapped up ready to root on our team.

Go Broncos!

Comment

Man.....maybe we are a 6
                          Losing the SB is one thing. Getting destroyed/embarrassed from literally the first play of the game is hard to take. But hey at least we set some records! First team to lose 5 SB, & we own the top 3 beat downs in SB history! I couldn't be more embarrassed of the effort, or lack there of, this team showed.

Comment

I totally understand where you are coming from! It's hard at times to emotionally separate but you have to for your own sanity. I watched that game in horror not knowing what was happening. Even throughtout the game kept thinking that we would get back in it. The thing that bothered me the most about the loss though is how some of the players "appeared" to check out! As a competitor myself, I hate losing and will do everything I can until the final whistle goes. I don't think all the players gave it a full game and that is what bothers me!

The game had me nervous because of the matchup and physicality but I thought we could punch back.....instead it felt like we just took it and folded early! That is what bothers me the most. If we gave it everything we had and they are still 5 Td's better than us then I can live with it but I don't think they are.

I will always be a Broncos fan! ALWAYS! I have lived through the other SB debacles and done just fine but this one had a different feel. Can't put my finger on it.

Bring on FA and the Draft and can't wait for next year!

Comment

Originally posted by spdirty View Post
                              Would you say that what we accomplished was not too shabby?
                              The game sucked ass. But at least the Broncos made it to the Big Game. I'll take that over the McDoucher era any day of the week. If 5 years ago you told me, "the Broncos are going to land Peyton Manning, set all kinds of records, go 13-3, and make it to the Super Bowl where they will epically fail", I would've said "OK." Now THAT is not too shabby.

Comment

Working...
                              X