X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZONA
    replied
    Originally posted by broncosteven View Post
    I was surprised they redid JDR's deal so quickly. I think Fox has to play out his deal this year and win the SB to be back in 2015.

While I would love to see Shanny back I doubt it happens, I though he and Pat left on bad terms?

Maybe Shanny is ready to be a consultant now that his son has his own gig. That would be a nice have but they really need to go out and land Bobby Turner especially now that Jim Bob has left and they have a slot on the staff.
    I agree. If he wins it all, big extension. If he loses, he'll be gone. I'd be very surprised to see Elway extend him several more years right now. If we lose next year, the hammer has to come down on somebody and probably the HC. Why would you want to be giving away millions of Pat's dollars for nothing. Fox isn't going anywhere this coming year so why should the Broncos extend him now? Makes no sense at all.

Leave a comment:

• IndelibleScribe
    replied
    Originally posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
    Elway isn't stupid.
    Even if Elway was stupid. He would never be full on mega retard lack of higher brain function comatose stupid enough to do that.
    The mere suggestion of hiring Shanny again is nonsense.
    I never want to see that pathetic defense ever again.

Leave a comment:

• theAPAOps5
    replied
    Originally posted by SoCalBronco View Post
    They're slow playing him as they work out details with Shanny.

Elway isn't stupid.

Leave a comment:

• Coldcity76
    replied
    Originally posted by ATL-Eric View Post
    Reread my post retard.. i never said the HC doesnt have a huge impact. I was simply asking for more examples which you provided.
    Well you are quite anti-social. Good for you.

Leave a comment:

• Taco John
    replied
    Originally posted by maher_tyler View Post
    Division titles are awesome and everything. The way we've lost the past 2 years in the playoffs and SB have been embarrassing. This team plays like it doesn't have a pair especially against physical teams. I think this is Fox' last year unless we win the SB next year. If not, I see either JDR or Gase as the next Broncos HC.
    I wasn't embarassed by the loss to the Ravens. That was a hard fought game on both sides. On the other hand, this Seahawks loss finds new ways to embarass me every day so far - especially living in the PacNW.

Leave a comment:

• broncosteven
    replied
    I was surprised they redid JDR's deal so quickly. I think Fox has to play out his deal this year and win the SB to be back in 2015.

While I would love to see Shanny back I doubt it happens, I though he and Pat left on bad terms?

Maybe Shanny is ready to be a consultant now that his son has his own gig. That would be a nice have but they really need to go out and land Bobby Turner especially now that Jim Bob has left and they have a slot on the staff.

Leave a comment:

• Enter The Dragon
    replied
    Fox IS a lame duck. Despite Shannys flaws around his organizational and drafting skills, the offense would have definitely pierced the seattle D repeatedly to the point of frustration.

Leave a comment:

• ColoradoDarin
    replied
    He will be. Zero chance he goes into this season on the last year of his deal.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos_OTM
    replied
    I missed the infamous "not to shabby" presser. I just don't see many coaches out there that will have a affect this upcoming year. not to mention I don't think it would benefit to make such a big change if we are in win mode right now.

Leave a comment:

• ATL-Eric
    replied
    Originally posted by Coldcity76 View Post
    If you do not think a head coach has a huge impact on their team than maybe you should do some research. I take it you are being passive-aggressive and think head coaches affect very little of a football team's performance.

- Head coaches add the culture of football to their team as a leader.
    - They make crucial in-game decisions that affect momentum and game outcome.
    - They motivate their players in speeches to work harder
    - They decide when to practice and in what elements and how
    - They approve of the final game plan for all sides of football and can alter if they see fit
    - They have final say on the depth chart (who plays and who doesn't)
    - They hire coaches to the staff
    - They have a say on drafting
    - They TURN DOWN THE CROWD NOISE SIMULATION during practice the week of the super bowl

The list goes on but a head coach is one of the most important members in a football organization.
    Reread my post retard.. i never said the HC doesnt have a huge impact. I was simply asking for more examples which you provided.

Leave a comment:

• Circle Orange
    replied
    Originally posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
    No Fox didn't show up for talks
    He's busy packing.

Leave a comment:

• Coldcity76
    replied
    I think the lack of an extension right away means Fox is likely a lame-duck. I think the NFC West stretch this upcoming year could make or break Fox. JDR is clearly plan B. Fox should thank his lucky stars Elway and Co are giving him the benefit of the doubt because his ass should have been given walking papers for being so incompetent during crucial games this year and last.

Leave a comment:

• Coldcity76
    replied
    Originally posted by ATL-Eric View Post
    Id like to read something about how the decisions of an NFL head coach who doesnt call plays influences his team. I understand the "Leader of Men" thing, which is very important, especially on a team with few leaders. Clock management, some personal decisions, but what else??
    If you do not think a head coach has a huge impact on their team than maybe you should do some research. I take it you are being passive-aggressive and think head coaches affect very little of a football team's performance.

- Head coaches add the culture of football to their team as a leader.
    - They make crucial in-game decisions that affect momentum and game outcome.
    - They motivate their players in speeches to work harder
    - They decide when to practice and in what elements and how
    - They approve of the final game plan for all sides of football and can alter if they see fit
    - They have final say on the depth chart (who plays and who doesn't)
    - They hire coaches to the staff
    - They have a say on drafting
    - They TURN DOWN THE CROWD NOISE SIMULATION during practice the week of the super bowl

The list goes on but a head coach is one of the most important members in a football organization.
    Last edited by Coldcity76; 02-08-2014, 07:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• NFLBRONCO
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBound View Post
    Does it say something that Del Rio was extended before Fox? Am I reading in to that too much?
    No Fox didn't show up for talks

Leave a comment:

• ATL-Eric
    replied
    Id like to read something about how the decisions of an NFL head coach who doesnt call plays influences his team. I understand the "Leader of Men" thing, which is very important, especially on a team with few leaders. Clock management, some personal decisions, but what else??

Leave a comment:

Working...
X