Why hasn't Fox been extended?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why hasn't Fox been extended?

Does it say something that Del Rio was extended before Fox? Am I reading in to that too much?

Del Rio's contract was up. Fox's is not.

Fox will get a deal. Don't....worry?

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBound View Post
      Does it say something that Del Rio was extended before Fox? Am I reading in to that too much?
      Division titles are awesome and everything. The way we've lost the past 2 years in the playoffs and SB have been embarrassing. This team plays like it doesn't have a pair especially against physical teams. I think this is Fox' last year unless we win the SB next year. If not, I see either JDR or Gase as the next Broncos HC.

Comment

They're slow playing him as they work out details with Shanny.

Comment

the only extension fox gets is a rod to the arse.

Comment

Maybe Elway views Fox's current contract as Not Too Shabby?

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBronco View Post

Comment

They have been talking for awhile so it is likely just ironing out a few details.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBronco View Post

Haha....awesome

Comment

Id like to read something about how the decisions of an NFL head coach who doesnt call plays influences his team. I understand the "Leader of Men" thing, which is very important, especially on a team with few leaders. Clock management, some personal decisions, but what else??

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBound View Post
                      No Fox didn't show up for talks

Comment

Originally posted by ATL-Eric View Post
                        Id like to read something about how the decisions of an NFL head coach who doesnt call plays influences his team. I understand the "Leader of Men" thing, which is very important, especially on a team with few leaders. Clock management, some personal decisions, but what else??
                        If you do not think a head coach has a huge impact on their team than maybe you should do some research. I take it you are being passive-aggressive and think head coaches affect very little of a football team's performance.

- Head coaches add the culture of football to their team as a leader.
                        - They make crucial in-game decisions that affect momentum and game outcome.
                        - They motivate their players in speeches to work harder
                        - They decide when to practice and in what elements and how
                        - They approve of the final game plan for all sides of football and can alter if they see fit
                        - They have final say on the depth chart (who plays and who doesn't)
                        - They hire coaches to the staff
                        - They have a say on drafting
                        - They TURN DOWN THE CROWD NOISE SIMULATION during practice the week of the super bowl

The list goes on but a head coach is one of the most important members in a football organization.
                        Last edited by Coldcity76; 02-08-2014, 07:30 AM.

Comment

I think the lack of an extension right away means Fox is likely a lame-duck. I think the NFC West stretch this upcoming year could make or break Fox. JDR is clearly plan B. Fox should thank his lucky stars Elway and Co are giving him the benefit of the doubt because his ass should have been given walking papers for being so incompetent during crucial games this year and last.

Comment

Originally posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
                            No Fox didn't show up for talks
                            He's busy packing.

Comment

Originally posted by Coldcity76 View Post
                              If you do not think a head coach has a huge impact on their team than maybe you should do some research. I take it you are being passive-aggressive and think head coaches affect very little of a football team's performance.

- Head coaches add the culture of football to their team as a leader.
                              - They make crucial in-game decisions that affect momentum and game outcome.
                              - They motivate their players in speeches to work harder
                              - They decide when to practice and in what elements and how
                              - They approve of the final game plan for all sides of football and can alter if they see fit
                              - They have final say on the depth chart (who plays and who doesn't)
                              - They hire coaches to the staff
                              - They have a say on drafting
                              - They TURN DOWN THE CROWD NOISE SIMULATION during practice the week of the super bowl

The list goes on but a head coach is one of the most important members in a football organization.
                              Reread my post retard.. i never said the HC doesnt have a huge impact. I was simply asking for more examples which you provided.

Comment

Working...
                              X