Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watch and listen to what really caused the Broncos’ mistake on first snap of Super Bowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• barryr
    replied
    Why would a center ever snap the ball if he can't hear the signals and doesn't even look back to see what his QB is doing and if ready for the snap? It sure makes Ramirez either look dumb or panicky, as though he couldn't handle the pressure of the game and couldn't think straight. It seems the vast majority of snaps the last couple of years, Manning starts the cadence and then walks to the line and yells other signals, while the OL checks their blocking assignments, and Manning goes back, yelling the count and ready for the ball. But the first snap of the game, as Manning starts to do his usual to bark more signals, Ramirez just snaps the ball. Strange how you prepare for 2 weeks for the title game and the QB/center exchange on the first play is screwed up.

Leave a comment:

• broncosteven
    replied
    Originally posted by Enter The Dragon View Post
    Not from my perspective sir. Every game Im at, the fans are incredibly loud. The games I go to, I prob talk a little too much trash...esp at raider fans. Different generation maybe. It will take some time but when we all get a little perspective, IDK how anyone can have a better team to root for. I effing love my boys!!3
    I have seen the new stadium shake like old Mile High used to and the fans get up for plays. It was shaking in the Divisional loss last year, during the year, even in the mCd era when he won his SB (vs the Pats) the place rocks.

Leave a comment:

• Enter The Dragon
    replied
    Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
    Denver fans aren't that great really. They seriously are in the bottom half of the league. The home games are really quiet sometimes even when the Broncos D is on the field.
    Not from my perspective sir. Every game Im at, the fans are incredibly loud. The games I go to, I prob talk a little too much trash...esp at raider fans. Different generation maybe. It will take some time but when we all get a little perspective, IDK how anyone can have a better team to root for. I effing love my boys!!3

Leave a comment:

• maven
    replied
    I wonder if it would of been better to call a TO and restart. In general, you have 3 TO's in the 1st half. Burn them if you have to.

Leave a comment:

• Enter The Dragon
    replied
    Originally posted by cabronco View Post
    It sure seemed like the seahawks defense knew the plays. Credit to them for studying the Broncos O, or shame on Broncos Offense for not changing things up enough. I know , maybe because of the noise but mostly the pressure PM was feeling, there or not there, he seemed to go with first reads and just go for it. He's at his best when he can read the defense and go thru his progressions. Just the worst day to have your worst game on offense.
    Shame on the Broncos yes. Seattle being damn good on D? Yes also. Should have ran a double move 50 yard bomb on the first play. Then punt if it wasnt successful and bring the pain on D.

Leave a comment:

• UberBroncoMan
    replied
    Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
    Denver fans aren't that great really. They seriously are in the bottom half of the league. The home games are really quiet sometimes even when the Broncos D is on the field.
    It's a different city from the 80's and 90's. Tons of transplants and the new(ish) stadium sucks for noise.

Leave a comment:

• DENVERDUI55
    replied

Leave a comment:

• broncosteven
    replied
    Originally posted by Action View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...-nfl.html?vp=1

"I called the snap count, you didn't hear me," Manning told Ramirez jogging off the field.

The Broncos' sideline chatter shown on the clip mostly revolves around the surprising crowd noise.

"Little louder than we thought, huh?" Broncos coach John Fox said into his headset.

"We've got to go to the silent count," Manning told offensive coordinator Adam Gase.

------------------------------------------------------

Don't think it's eithers fault (Manny vs Peyton) but if I had to, I'd blame Manny more considering he just hiked that **** without hearing anything. Manny should have just sat there and not hiked it, like you're supposed to. Worst case scenario is Manning calls a time out.

Heads up play by Knowshon though.
    I have been thinking the safety play over in my head and almost wonder if it is better in that position just to surrender a TD. KM did what he was taught but think about it, you give up 7 points but you get the ball back right away, Hester scored to open the bear SB Manning won.

I agree with Mochambo who said if Holliday kneels on that it is ours inside the 5 but we still kick in that situation.

Our D did manage to hold and get the ball back but we gave up 5 points and they were able to grind clock.

Maybe if it were later in a tight game I would rather take the safety but right out of the gate is maybe a situation where you prefer to get the ball back right away. I am also factoring the weak D and all the injuries we had into that choice.

Can't change it now.

Leave a comment:

• RaiderH8r
    replied
    Originally posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
    I post here every once in a while and have done so for about 7(?) years....who the **** is this ChrissyRules scumbag? I don't get it...first of all, I don't get it...whats the name? Are u a dude? im thinking because you are afraid of periods you are a middle aged woman...second of all, enough with your opinions. They stink. Its like listening to farts whisper into a piss cup. Third, if you are here for the long haul, prepare ur anus for a skin flubbing because ur not all there
    I've been searching my soul for the right words to say. You have found those words and given them life and I thank you.

Leave a comment:

• cabronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
    the problem with that is its the quarterback who does the snaps...If I didn't know better I would have thought that the Hawks were in the Broncos playbook reguardless of what they said about readin Peytons eyes....who knows maybe Fox foregot the playbook when he had that conference with Carol...all I know is I have been a Peyton fan since college and that whatever happened was not a Peyton Manning game so
    It sure seemed like the seahawks defense knew the plays. Credit to them for studying the Broncos O, or shame on Broncos Offense for not changing things up enough. I know , maybe because of the noise but mostly the pressure PM was feeling, there or not there, he seemed to go with first reads and just go for it. He's at his best when he can read the defense and go thru his progressions. Just the worst day to have your worst game on offense.

Leave a comment:

• cabronco
    replied
    Originally posted by manchambo View Post
    Lets not lose sight of the fact the ball was on the 11 due to a poor return decision by Holiday. If that play starts on the twenty Knowshon probably covers it around the five. A mess up but not a disaster. There was a tremendous convergence of crapulence in that game.
    I think you have something. I've been trying to figure out the suck factor or turtle offense. Thinking the fault's with O-line 30%, PFM 30%, coaching 30%, then special teams 20%, but that wouldn't equal 100%.

It's easier to say 100% tremendous convergence of crapulence. (TCC)

Leave a comment:

• Jay3
    replied
    Is there a thread on the Mane about the theory that Manning was the one who screwed up? On other NFL boards, there's some close scrutiny of the video going on, noting that every Bronco moves at precisely the same time, indicating that everybody but Manning had a certain idea of what the snap count was. When you look at it, it doesn't look like they could have been going on movement. The whole line jumps crisply.

Crisply, I say.

Leave a comment:

• manchambo
    replied
    Lets not lose sight of the fact the ball was on the 11 due to a poor return decision by Holiday. If that play starts on the twenty Knowshon probably covers it around the five. A mess up but not a disaster. There was a tremendous convergence of crapulence in that game.

Leave a comment:

• vancejohnson82
    replied
    I post here every once in a while and have done so for about 7(?) years....who the **** is this ChrissyRules scumbag? I don't get it...first of all, I don't get it...whats the name? Are u a dude? im thinking because you are afraid of periods you are a middle aged woman...second of all, enough with your opinions. They stink. Its like listening to farts whisper into a piss cup. Third, if you are here for the long haul, prepare ur anus for a skin flubbing because ur not all there

Leave a comment:

• go_broncos
    replied
    It sucks that we have lost to the team that have arrogant fan base. I want to punch Pete the way he acts..What to do..we have ****ing soft players and soft coach on our side.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X