Players that are good starters now that we had ? at start of the season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players that are good starters now that we had ? at start of the season

Just going back to the start of the season in TC and looking at some of these players people had question marks about but had really good seasons and you feel confident in them going into next season.

#1 - Danny Trevathan - He was seldom used the previous year and had the same question marks that Nate Irving had. He improved big time this year IMO and quite possibly the player who improved the most.

#2 - Julius Thomas - We knew he had the talent but just couldn't stay healthy previous years. Really shined this year and is a great young weapon for us on offense.

#3 - Terrance Knighton - Was not really getting the job done in Jacksonville but shined big time in Denver this year, especially late in the year after Vickerson went down.

#4 - DRC - We knew he had played great before but his 2 years in Philly left huge question marks about this guy. What a rebound year for him.

#5 Shaun Phillips. Went above and beyond everyone's expectations. Wouldn't mind seeing him back with us next year.

Comment

Moreno, he was listed 3rd on the depth chart, and ended up being a key contributer.

Comment

Manny @ Center

Comment

How about players who were question marks at the beginning of the season that proved to be quality starters in the end.

Duke
          ManRam
          Clark

Comment

I think Manny was the best question mark. He was like the third string center and a back-up guard going into TC before.

Comment

Vasquez. Got him at a bargain too.

Comment

Originally posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
                How about players who were question marks at the beginning of the season that proved to be quality starters in the end.

Duke
                ManRam
                Clark
                Duke was a weak spot as the year went on. Sucks because I was really hyped on him during TC.

Comment

Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
                  Vasquez. Got him at a bargain too.
                  I don't think anyone would have had Vasquez as a ? coming into the season.

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBound View Post
                    Duke was a weak spot as the year went on. Sucks because I was really hyped on him during TC.
                    In hind site I guess I was stretching that one. Good box safety just couldn't cover 1-1 or zone that well.

Comment

How soon we forget about Vickerson. He had a breakout year, until his injury...

Comment

Yeah we definitely need an upgrade at SS. Moore can cut it IMO, Ihenacho has a lot to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Crushaholic View Post
                          How soon we forget about Vickerson. He had a breakout year, until his injury...
                          Part of the reason I'm so optimistic about next year.

Our front-7 is in really good shape. Our tackles are fantastic. Miller and Trevathan are very good. We need a MLB, but I do think Nate Irving is going to step into that position next year. We need another NASTY defensive end to replace Ayers as well.

Still there is one GLARING weakness on the defense and it's at safety. Fix that and I think the defense is a top-5 unit.

Comment

Manny really stepped up big time this season. IMO saved the season before it even started.

Comment

I don't really think shaun phillips was that great in the second half of the season. He really didn't do crap rushing the passer in the last seven weeks of the season. I know he's considered a leader and all, but I don't know, man. I'd honestly pay ayers before him

Comment

Working...
                              X