X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• go_broncos
    replied
    Originally posted by Popps View Post
    It was hour 3 Friday. I just listened to it again tonight. If you can't find it on the site, check the app. It's there for sure.

It's particularly interesting if you've heard him in the past, because he's pretty measured about what he says, and he called some of the things he heard on the SoundFX bytes from Broncos players "disturbing." (In the football sense of course, not in any meaningful life sense.)
    I listened..Great points the Doc has told..Pretty much what we all are saying about Fox and the team.

Leave a comment:

• Popps
    replied
    Originally posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
    I couldn't find it. it was just about Terrell Davis
    It was hour 3 Friday. I just listened to it again tonight. If you can't find it on the site, check the app. It's there for sure.

It's particularly interesting if you've heard him in the past, because he's pretty measured about what he says, and he called some of the things he heard on the SoundFX bytes from Broncos players "disturbing." (In the football sense of course, not in any meaningful life sense.)

Leave a comment:

• Agamemnon
    replied
    Originally posted by Popps View Post
    If you guys get a chance, go to the Fan and listen to Sandy Clough's interview with Dr. Rick Perea today. He's been on all season and I love the segments.
    Some people here will poo-poo it, but I'm a big believer in the psychology of sports, and Perea always makes really enlightening points.

He was really candid today about Fox, and a lot of what people suspect here was somewhat confirmed, at least in this Doc's opinion. (Dom, he mentions exactly what you're talking about... his air of being unsettled.) They also reference the Ravens game last year and some of that as well.

It's a fascinating segment, imo... and I totally agree with his analysis about where this team needs to go, and the personality it has that is a positive... and the elements that are missing badly....

http://www.1043thefan.com/Sandy_NEW.aspx
    It's kind of depressing to hear a professional sports psychologist say exactly what I have been thinking since the travesty in New York.

Leave a comment:

• Popps
    replied
    Originally posted by DomCasual View Post
    Watching SoundFX, I found it interesting that his biggest contribution seemed to be saying, "Okay, okay, we've got to settle down!" It almost felt like a personal affirmation, more than an admonition for the team. The fact that he gets so worked up when things go bad provides a lot of insight into his approach to overtime in the Ravens game.
    If you guys get a chance, go to the Fan and listen to Sandy Clough's interview with Dr. Rick Perea today. He's been on all season and I love the segments.
    Some people here will poo-poo it, but I'm a big believer in the psychology of sports, and Perea always makes really enlightening points.

He was really candid today about Fox, and a lot of what people suspect here was somewhat confirmed, at least in this Doc's opinion. (Dom, he mentions exactly what you're talking about... his air of being unsettled.) They also reference the Ravens game last year and some of that as well.

It's a fascinating segment, imo... and I totally agree with his analysis about where this team needs to go, and the personality it has that is a positive... and the elements that are missing badly....

http://www.1043thefan.com/Sandy_NEW.aspx

Leave a comment:

• gunns
    replied
    After the kneel down last year, the whole game this year, and Welker saying exactly what I was thinking during the game, and no adjustments what's so ever, my feelings of anger were cemented towards Fox. But I have to wonder if Welker is saying they were not properly prepared, does some of that fall on Gase?

I'm not sure about JDR being head coach. While the Jag organization sucks, to have 2 good seasons out of 8 1/2 isn't promising. Granted he didn't have a QB during that time but is that on him? He might actually think Oz is the answer. And his defenses weren't lights out except one season when they finished 8-8. Some guys are just meant to be coordinators.

Leave a comment:

• Agamemnon
    replied
    Originally posted by B-Large View Post
    Did he say something so absurd on purpose to take one for the team? I find myself railing on Fox and a lot less pissed about the game and at players..

Genius, or still jack-off?
    Don't you worry. I have enough rage for everyone.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoBeavis
    replied
    Originally posted by Arkie View Post
    He said "...not real shabby" in the context describing the season. It was the perfect soundbite--"Not Too Shabby!"
    http://www.salon.com/2014/02/05/elwa..._broncos_fans/

Fox told his players to walk out of the building with their heads held high.

β€œI know there is disappointment,” Fox said. β€œIt will take a while to go away for all of us, but at the end of the day, it was a successful season: 15-4 is not real shabby.”

Leave a comment:

• Arkie
    replied
    Did he say something so absurd on purpose to take one for the team? I find myself railing on Fox and a lot less pissed about the game and at players..

Genius, or still jack-off?
    He said "...not real shabby" in the context describing the season. It was the perfect soundbite--"Not Too Shabby!"

Leave a comment:

• DomCasual
    replied
    Watching SoundFX, I found it interesting that his biggest contribution seemed to be saying, "Okay, okay, we've got to settle down!" It almost felt like a personal affirmation, more than an admonition for the team. The fact that he gets so worked up when things go bad provides a lot of insight into his approach to overtime in the Ravens game.

Leave a comment:

• crush17
    replied
    "uhhhh well, you know anytime you go up against a solid opponent, uhhhhh you know, you need to have your best uhhhhhhh you need to put your best shab forward. you know, and I thought our men did that, uhhhh it wasn't real shabby"

Leave a comment:

• OBF1
    replied
    jerk off, no doubt.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoBeavis
    replied
    Originally posted by go_broncos View Post
    He talks about percentages but didn't recognize that we paid a QB that was done specifically for these situations.
    Expecting Foxy to credibly talk percentages is like asking Chef Luigi to write us a paper on particle physics.

Leave a comment:

• go_broncos
    replied
    I remember bring PISSED about the kneel down, espcially when you have the bext intermidate passer in the history of the game.
    He talks about percentages but didn't recognize that we paid a QB that was done specifically for these situations.

Leave a comment:

• B-Large
    replied
    Originally posted by go_broncos View Post
    There is a reason why some coaches doesn't win big games..you can call it bad luck or whatever..somehow..they lose big games(Marty,Andy to name a few).

Actually..you should be pissed about his last year's comments more.

I am posting some of his comments here..

---
    Denver Broncos coach John Fox said that his team was too shocked following the Baltimore Ravens' 70-yard touchdown in the final of minute of regulation Saturday to be able to try to mount their own quick comeback, even though their divisional playoff game eventually went into double overtime.
    ---

--
    The Broncos had two timeouts and 31 seconds on the clock after Baltimore tied the game at 35 at the end of the fourth quarter, but Fox instructed quarterback Peyton Manning to take a knee and play for overtime.
    "It was like a prize fighter who gets a right cross on the chin at the end of a round. You're looking to get out the round. That might not be the ideal time to go for a knockout punch,"
    --

--
    Fox said the chances of the Broncos winning at that point were 97%, and that went up to 99% when Denver forced Baltimore into a third down at their own 30-yard line with 41 seconds remaining.
    --

He is a real conservative coach.. This year, I feel Elway might have told Fox not to be conservative. But, we still his conservative play calling during some games.
    I remember bring PISSED about the kneel down, espcially when you have the bext intermidate passer in the history of the game.

Leave a comment:

• go_broncos
    replied
    That what I thought. I am just trying to lay rationale to why a coach could say something so stupid. It's has provided endless offseason fun, I'm now glade said it...
    There is a reason why some coaches doesn't win big games..you can call it bad luck or whatever..somehow..they lose big games(Marty,Andy to name a few).

Actually..you should be pissed about his last year's comments more.

I am posting some of his comments here..

---
    Denver Broncos coach John Fox said that his team was too shocked following the Baltimore Ravens' 70-yard touchdown in the final of minute of regulation Saturday to be able to try to mount their own quick comeback, even though their divisional playoff game eventually went into double overtime.
    ---

--
    The Broncos had two timeouts and 31 seconds on the clock after Baltimore tied the game at 35 at the end of the fourth quarter, but Fox instructed quarterback Peyton Manning to take a knee and play for overtime.
    "It was like a prize fighter who gets a right cross on the chin at the end of a round. You're looking to get out the round. That might not be the ideal time to go for a knockout punch,"
    --

--
    Fox said the chances of the Broncos winning at that point were 97%, and that went up to 99% when Denver forced Baltimore into a third down at their own 30-yard line with 41 seconds remaining.
    --

He is a real conservative coach.. This year, I feel Elway might have told Fox not to be conservative. But, we still his conservative play calling during some games.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X