No announcement yet.

Is Johnny NTS Fox a genius?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After the kneel down last year, the whole game this year, and Welker saying exactly what I was thinking during the game, and no adjustments what's so ever, my feelings of anger were cemented towards Fox. But I have to wonder if Welker is saying they were not properly prepared, does some of that fall on Gase?

I'm not sure about JDR being head coach. While the Jag organization sucks, to have 2 good seasons out of 8 1/2 isn't promising. Granted he didn't have a QB during that time but is that on him? He might actually think Oz is the answer. And his defenses weren't lights out except one season when they finished 8-8. Some guys are just meant to be coordinators.

Comment

Originally posted by DomCasual View Post
      Watching SoundFX, I found it interesting that his biggest contribution seemed to be saying, "Okay, okay, we've got to settle down!" It almost felt like a personal affirmation, more than an admonition for the team. The fact that he gets so worked up when things go bad provides a lot of insight into his approach to overtime in the Ravens game.
      If you guys get a chance, go to the Fan and listen to Sandy Clough's interview with Dr. Rick Perea today. He's been on all season and I love the segments.
      Some people here will poo-poo it, but I'm a big believer in the psychology of sports, and Perea always makes really enlightening points.

He was really candid today about Fox, and a lot of what people suspect here was somewhat confirmed, at least in this Doc's opinion. (Dom, he mentions exactly what you're talking about... his air of being unsettled.) They also reference the Ravens game last year and some of that as well.

It's a fascinating segment, imo... and I totally agree with his analysis about where this team needs to go, and the personality it has that is a positive... and the elements that are missing badly....

http://www.1043thefan.com/Sandy_NEW.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Popps View Post
        If you guys get a chance, go to the Fan and listen to Sandy Clough's interview with Dr. Rick Perea today. He's been on all season and I love the segments.
        Some people here will poo-poo it, but I'm a big believer in the psychology of sports, and Perea always makes really enlightening points.

He was really candid today about Fox, and a lot of what people suspect here was somewhat confirmed, at least in this Doc's opinion. (Dom, he mentions exactly what you're talking about... his air of being unsettled.) They also reference the Ravens game last year and some of that as well.

It's a fascinating segment, imo... and I totally agree with his analysis about where this team needs to go, and the personality it has that is a positive... and the elements that are missing badly....

http://www.1043thefan.com/Sandy_NEW.aspx
        It's kind of depressing to hear a professional sports psychologist say exactly what I have been thinking since the travesty in New York.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
          I couldn't find it. it was just about Terrell Davis
          It was hour 3 Friday. I just listened to it again tonight. If you can't find it on the site, check the app. It's there for sure.

It's particularly interesting if you've heard him in the past, because he's pretty measured about what he says, and he called some of the things he heard on the SoundFX bytes from Broncos players "disturbing." (In the football sense of course, not in any meaningful life sense.)

Comment

Originally posted by Popps View Post
            It was hour 3 Friday. I just listened to it again tonight. If you can't find it on the site, check the app. It's there for sure.

It's particularly interesting if you've heard him in the past, because he's pretty measured about what he says, and he called some of the things he heard on the SoundFX bytes from Broncos players "disturbing." (In the football sense of course, not in any meaningful life sense.)
            I listened..Great points the Doc has told..Pretty much what we all are saying about Fox and the team.

Comment

Working...
            X