Is Johnny NTS Fox a genius?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Johnny NTS Fox a genius?

Did he say something so absurd on purpose to take one for the team? I find myself railing on Fox and a lot less pissed about the game and at players..

Genius, or still jack-off?

Originally posted by B-Large View Post
    Did he say something so absurd on purpose to take one for the team? I find myself railing on Fox and a lot less pissed about the game and at players..

you are giving too much credit for our coach..

Comment

I'd say not to shabby

Comment

Originally posted by go_broncos View Post
        you are giving too much credit for our coach..
        That what I thought. I am just trying to lay rationale to why a coach could say something so stupid. It's has provided endless offseason fun, I'm now glade said it...

Comment

No, he's a jerk off. That is what pisses me off actually, if it was just corporate "throwing yourself on a grenade" I would understand it. But I truly believe that HE believes what he said.

We won't win with this guy.

Comment

That what I thought. I am just trying to lay rationale to why a coach could say something so stupid. It's has provided endless offseason fun, I'm now glade said it...
            There is a reason why some coaches doesn't win big games..you can call it bad luck or whatever..somehow..they lose big games(Marty,Andy to name a few).

Actually..you should be pissed about his last year's comments more.

I am posting some of his comments here..

---
            Denver Broncos coach John Fox said that his team was too shocked following the Baltimore Ravens' 70-yard touchdown in the final of minute of regulation Saturday to be able to try to mount their own quick comeback, even though their divisional playoff game eventually went into double overtime.
            ---

--
            The Broncos had two timeouts and 31 seconds on the clock after Baltimore tied the game at 35 at the end of the fourth quarter, but Fox instructed quarterback Peyton Manning to take a knee and play for overtime.
            "It was like a prize fighter who gets a right cross on the chin at the end of a round. You're looking to get out the round. That might not be the ideal time to go for a knockout punch,"
            --

--
            Fox said the chances of the Broncos winning at that point were 97%, and that went up to 99% when Denver forced Baltimore into a third down at their own 30-yard line with 41 seconds remaining.
            --

He is a real conservative coach.. This year, I feel Elway might have told Fox not to be conservative. But, we still his conservative play calling during some games.

Comment

There is a reason why some coaches doesn't win big games..you can call it bad luck or whatever..somehow..they lose big games(Marty,Andy to name a few).

Actually..you should be pissed about his last year's comments more.

I am posting some of his comments here..

---
              Denver Broncos coach John Fox said that his team was too shocked following the Baltimore Ravens' 70-yard touchdown in the final of minute of regulation Saturday to be able to try to mount their own quick comeback, even though their divisional playoff game eventually went into double overtime.
              ---

--
              The Broncos had two timeouts and 31 seconds on the clock after Baltimore tied the game at 35 at the end of the fourth quarter, but Fox instructed quarterback Peyton Manning to take a knee and play for overtime.
              "It was like a prize fighter who gets a right cross on the chin at the end of a round. You're looking to get out the round. That might not be the ideal time to go for a knockout punch,"
              --

--
              Fox said the chances of the Broncos winning at that point were 97%, and that went up to 99% when Denver forced Baltimore into a third down at their own 30-yard line with 41 seconds remaining.
              --

He is a real conservative coach.. This year, I feel Elway might have told Fox not to be conservative. But, we still his conservative play calling during some games.
              I remember bring PISSED about the kneel down, espcially when you have the bext intermidate passer in the history of the game.

Comment

I remember bring PISSED about the kneel down, espcially when you have the bext intermidate passer in the history of the game.
                He talks about percentages but didn't recognize that we paid a QB that was done specifically for these situations.

Comment

He talks about percentages but didn't recognize that we paid a QB that was done specifically for these situations.
                  Expecting Foxy to credibly talk percentages is like asking Chef Luigi to write us a paper on particle physics.

Comment

jerk off, no doubt.

Comment

"uhhhh well, you know anytime you go up against a solid opponent, uhhhhh you know, you need to have your best uhhhhhhh you need to put your best shab forward. you know, and I thought our men did that, uhhhh it wasn't real shabby"

Comment

Watching SoundFX, I found it interesting that his biggest contribution seemed to be saying, "Okay, okay, we've got to settle down!" It almost felt like a personal affirmation, more than an admonition for the team. The fact that he gets so worked up when things go bad provides a lot of insight into his approach to overtime in the Ravens game.

Comment

Anyone remember that song/dance in the 'best little whorehouse in texas" where the Gov. does the side-step? That's what I think of when Fox speaks now.

Comment

He said "...not real shabby" in the context describing the season. It was the perfect soundbite--"Not Too Shabby!"

Comment

Originally posted by Arkie View Post
                              He said "...not real shabby" in the context describing the season. It was the perfect soundbite--"Not Too Shabby!"
                              http://www.salon.com/2014/02/05/elwa..._broncos_fans/

Fox told his players to walk out of the building with their heads held high.

β€œI know there is disappointment,” Fox said. β€œIt will take a while to go away for all of us, but at the end of the day, it was a successful season: 15-4 is not real shabby.”

Comment

Working...
                              X