Dream FA Signing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dream FA Signing?

Obviously it's impossible to get top flight talent at multiple positions using FAs given cap constraints. But I'd love to see the Broncos spend big but reasonable money on one key cog and use mid-priced vets and the draft to fill other holes.

Under this scenario, what is your preferred position or specific player you'd like to see the Broncos pursue as a "splash signing"?

I feel like CB or S are the only viable options because there's not much top-flight talent at other positions of need.

So...I'd like to see Elway bring in Jarius Byrd, one of the NFL's elite (young) safeties. What say you?

Yes.

Comment

Byrd is the word.

Comment

Yes Byrd and a mean muthafuggin DT and LB

Comment

I wouldn't mind Byrd!

DT I think we are set with Big Vick and Pot Roast, plus Williams will have a full offseason under his belt.

Comment

Jared Allen. Should have been a Bronco at the trade deadline.

Comment

THe other option I was thinking about was one of the elite DEs (Orakpo, Hardy, Houston, or Allen) but I feel like that's such a premium position that we'd be looking at huge numbers to bring one in.

Anyone with better caponoomics knowledge then me have a sense of a realistic annual $ number for top-flight FA talent at DE?

How about S? What would Byrd cost?

Comment

Byrd
                Dansby
                draft a RT
                move Franklin inside

Draft BDPA in the first round S, CB, pass-rushing DE

2nd round draft a phyiscal possession WR to replace Decker (when he leaves) or a RT.

Sign a proven veteran RB to push Ball and replace KM (if he leaves) and Hillman continues to be fragile.

Profit.

Comment

Donte Whitner. Karlos Dansby.

Comment

That Williams kid from Chicago. The LB. He's good.

Comment

What about a 2 for 1 wherin Ayers and Phillips are dropped for a Bennett, Hardy, Houston, or Allen? That could work since we'd be freeing up~$5 mil before signing a $ 7 or 8 mil player.

Comment

I suppose we could get Byrd, but remember we already have Mike Adams and he is not too shabby.
                        Last edited by spdirty; 02-06-2014, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Terrance Cody on the cheap would be a good signing. An important situational player. Mount-Pot Roast on the goal line..... amirite

Comment

It's Byrd or bust. Elway needs to pull this one out.

Comment

So, $$$$s? Anyone? Who was last year's top safety and what kind of deal did they get?

Comment

Working...
                              X