No Mلs from Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Mلs from Broncos

For some reason, most Broncos fans don’t think their team showed up on game day for Super Bowl XLVIII (go figure). A defeat so epic that we’re now the butt of jokes. Some of ‘em even made me laugh. I could be wrong, but the only apology I heard from the Broncos came from Tony Carter via a tweet—thanks Tony, at least someone cared. It appears to me that the fans are angrier over the loss than either management, coaches or players. If the fans played the game, at least they would have gone down fighting, and the game probably would not have been too shabby.

Fans are frustrated because the have no control. Players do everything they can and still lose don't show frustration because they have control and could not get it done.

Emotions mean nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark View Post
      For some reason, most Broncos fans don’t think their team showed up on game day for Super Bowl XLVIII (go figure). A defeat so epic that we’re now the butt of jokes. Some of ‘em even made me laugh. I could be wrong, but the only apology I heard from the Broncos came from Tony Carter via a tweet—thanks Tony, at least someone cared. It appears to me that the fans are angrier over the loss than either management, coaches or players. If the fans played the game, at least they would have gone down fighting, and the game probably would not have been too shabby.
      Only Elway was hurt by the loss.
      Rest of the players just collect paychecks.
      That's the reason we need leaders on the field. Unfortunately, there is none for us.

Comment

Elway appears to be pretty upset about the SB. Now he's on the other end of it, that is, he's not a player who can still cash his check, win or lose. He's the GM who is responsible for the team and he's also a de facto fan. I think he's more emotionally tied into this team as a GM than he ever was as a player...

Comment

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword...ter_tweets.php

Comment

I heard Von was real emotional after the loss...probably didn't hurt he had popped a few mollies

Comment

I don't do Twitter, but I think I saw a tweet on the Denver Post site from Orlando Franklin apologizing to the fans and saying we deserved to see a better performance. Also that he was very thankful for the support the fans showed throughout the season.

DRC also had some tweets but I skipped them when I saw the 'lol' in them.

Comment

I felt sad when i saw the pictures of the SEA SB parade. fans were so happy.700,000 fans came to the parade.
                Wish we could have been us.
                I just hope next year we are the champs.

Comment

Fans are frustrated cause they have to spend money to see a result. Players are less frustrated cause 6-7 figure incomes are coming in to cushion the embarrassment.

Why do players ball 100% in contract years? Not to win it all, but to win that next contract.

Comment

Originally posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
                    I heard Von was real emotional after the loss...probably didn't hurt he had popped a few mollies

True, he was reported to be very upset about not getting into that Seahawks party.

Comment

Danny Trevathan @Grindin_59 Follow
                      It isn't easy but you better believe.. Ima come back better than ever. Proud to be a Bronco✊. #grindlife
                      <TIME title="Time posted: 03 Feb 2014, 04:20:15 (UTC)" class=dt-updated datetime="2014-02-03T04:20:15+0000" pubdate="">10:20 PM - 2 Feb 2014</TIME>

Gotta love this guy wish we had more like him

Comment

Denver turtled. As much as I appreciate Manning the QB, he had an awful game. The team had an awful game but really, you need your stars to get you out of that death spiral and Manning couldn't do it.

I hate saying this but the guy isn't good with pressure. You know at the 3 most pressure packed games he faced all year... @ Indy (Return to INNNNNDY!), @ NE (PEYTON VS. TOM #....) and then the greatest challenge, #1 offense vs. #1 defense in SB XLVIII. We lost all three of those games where the media hype was huge. It just gets to him. Denver needs to diversify on offense. We need to have a running game to balance out our offense. Can't put all of our eggs in one basket again because if that person has a bad day, like the super bowl, we're screwed.

Comment

Apparently NFL Films recorded Welker on the sidelines yelling at the offense to try and get them going. You can knock him for his occasional drops but he is as tough as they come and I rather like the attitude and mouthiness he sometimes displays. If Decker leaves and you replace him with someone like that, it would go a long way towards encouraging the Thomases.

Comment

Originally posted by bpc View Post
                            Denver turtled. As much as I appreciate Manning the QB, he had an awful game. The team had an awful game but really, you need your stars to get you out of that death spiral and Manning couldn't do it.

I hate saying this but the guy isn't good with pressure. You know at the 3 most pressure packed games he faced all year... @ Indy (Return to INNNNNDY!), @ NE (PEYTON VS. TOM #....) and then the greatest challenge, #1 offense vs. #1 defense in SB XLVIII. We lost all three of those games where the media hype was huge. It just gets to him. Denver needs to diversify on offense. We need to have a running game to balance out our offense. Can't put all of our eggs in one basket again because if that person has a bad day, like the super bowl, we're screwed.
                            it's just not three games..it's happening to him since the college days.
                            he just doesn't like taking sacks..if you see other QB's, they step and deliver the ball taking the hits(Flacco and ben are the best examples)

Comment

Originally posted by bpc View Post
                              I hate saying this but the guy isn't good with pressure. You know at the 3 most pressure packed games he faced all year... @ Indy (Return to INNNNNDY!), @ NE (PEYTON VS. TOM #....) and then the greatest challenge, #1 offense vs. #1 defense in SB XLVIII. We lost all three of those games where the media hype was huge...
                              Agree. But both playoff games were similar pressure wise, particularly since the stakes were higher and we were playing teams that had beat us. And he played well in both.

Comment

Working...
                              X