Irving at MLB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irving at MLB

We've got some holes/upgrades that need to be filled (SS, OT/G, MLB, WR) this season.

Why can't we fill MLB with Irving who played MLB in college and who played well after replacing Von?

Irving can't run. Looks like an old man moving. Hits hard, but to me, he looks like a backup. I think they've tried him there.

Comment

Originally posted by Rascal View Post
      We've got some holes/upgrades that need to be filled (SS, OT/G, MLB, WR) this season.

Why can't we fill MLB with Irving who played MLB in college and who played well after replacing Von?
      He played ok in place of Von but was hardly playing at a level that he couldn't be upgraded from. If he were a viable option at MLB he would never have had his position switched. He is a guy who is ok on ST and is adequate depth. He is not a starter though. This is a team that has needed a MLB since Wilson . Irving was drafted with the hope of being that guy, but has proven that he is not that guy.

I say pray that Clinton-Dix is available at the end of the 1st and that Shayne Skov is available to us in the 2nd.

Comment

I am not worried about finding a two down thumper, I'm worried about finding a 3 down MLB. Or another exceptional coverage LB for subpackages. There are plenty of thumpers like Skov, but is that the type of LB our front office covets?

Comment

I'm not saying he is going to be Al Wilson caliber, but with our cap being limited and the window of opportunity being 1-2 years due to Manning I'm not sure we can fill all four of those holes adequately. And MLB plays the least of those other positions of need.

Comment

I'm not saying he is going to be Al Wilson caliber, but with our cap being limited and the window of opportunity being 1-2 years due to Manning I'm not sure we can fill all four of those holes adequately. And MLB plays the least of those other positions of need.
            I am for this. For the MLB spot they just need someone to help stopping the run game like lenin did. I like Irving and I thought he played better then most in the super bowl

Comment

I miss Wilson so much.

Comment

Originally posted by McDman View Post
                I miss Wilson so much.
                So do I my man...so do I... I wore my orange Wilson jersey every game this year...

Comment

Originally posted by McDman View Post
                  I miss Wilson so much.
                  So does Tom Hanks.

Comment

We need a big body who is smart enough to call the plays and line the D up, be a force in the run game and able to run side to side and cover.

That is not asking all that much is it?

I hope they find a guy in the draft, like they were able to hit on Trevathan.

Comment

If he could play mlb, he'd be playing there instead of the 37 year old Paris Lenons and Keith Brookings of the world.

Comment

With all due respect Rascal, if there were intentions of Irving playing MLB, he would have earned opportunity and time there. Given he was presented with every opportunity to win the job, and then with poor play and injuries, he still couldn't win the job.

Personally there are 2nd tier free agent options that could be used to act as stop gaps and fill holes, while drafting developing long term talent.

MLB- a player like Pat Angerer can be brought in to compete with a young draft pick. Daryl Smith could upgrade the position as we steal him from the cap strapped Ravens.

LG- Theres always Peyton's old buddy Charlie Johnson who could be brought in cheap, he has experience at G and T. Then you draft a prospect to develop in the later rounds.

SS- Bernard Pollard for whatever reason just seems to be available. His veteran leadership and physical presence could help teach Ihenacho, or a young draft pick. Then there is Bethea, Brown, Jenkins who could upgrade the position and come reasonably priced, but they will cost more than Pollard.

WR- I really like Kenny Britt, Maclin, and Nicks as cheaper alternatives if we lose Decker. Boldin could be a nice veteran who brings a toughness and leadership to mentor a DT and teach him how to use his body. He could also mentor a young draft pick. Emmanuel Sanders is also a very intriguing option. He is electric after the catch!

Comment

Not good enough. Too many of you Maners thought MLB was not important in this defense scheme. Seems it was and is need a stud at MIKE. Von needs a beast partner and Irving isn't it.

Comment

you guys don't remember he was penciled in as starting MLB this training camp?

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...1-8b434e97245b

It didn't pan out because he is too quiet to make the calls. He is a pokeman playing introvert(not that there is anything wrong with that)

Tom Nalen thinks we should play him at SAM and Von at DE. Get more bang for your buck.
                            Last edited by Gutless Drunk; 02-05-2014, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie mac View Post
                              So does Tom Hanks.
                              Beat me to it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LHtgKIFoQfE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Working...
                              X