Can We Win With Fox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can We Win With Fox?

Sorry to start another thread on this. Mods, please attach my poll to another thread if that's possible...

Ok, we're bordering on a full scale mutiny. Like many others, my current feeling is "off with his head"! It has been discussed ad nauseum how much of the blame goes to Fox and the coaching staff.

Now here's my question to you: do you believe this team has the ability to win a SB under a Fox regime?

Sorry folks, my poll didn't work. Anyone know how to edit it. I really want to get a sense of how extreme the anti-Fox sentiment is.

If that's not possible, mods, please delete this thread.

Comment

No

/thread

Comment

If PMFM doesn't retire, we will make the playoffs. Because we will score a $#!t ton of points in the regular season.

Can we win it all with Fox? Sure. Several more inept coaches have won it all. The principal deciding factors in winning a title are all on the field, not on the sidelines. The better question is: Does Fox give us an edge?

That answer is "No".
        Last edited by BroncsRule; 02-05-2014, 12:15 PM.

Comment

He was outcoached for sure. He was fooled twice on the end around and also first two 3rd downs for Seattle had them throw down the middle knowing our linebacker was going to vacate the spot and blitz. You need pre game adjustments and during game adjustments. Didn't seem to be too many.

That being said, Yes he can win a SuperBowl. Sometimes a team is so dominate that their normal routine will outplay the other team. I wouldn't bank on that technique and maybe Fox and staff did just that. I hope it is a lesson learned and they are all smart enough to take 17 weeks (and 2 weeks of playoff games) and rearrange many items to throw off the other team.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
            ...ya all admit this or not to yourselves go back and look at Fox s tenure in Carolina well people that could be us and that will be more then a shame...
            I went back and looked at Fox's tenure in Carolina. He had 5 playoff wins. That could have been us. Instead, we only had one playoff win.

Comment

We won 15 games with Fox this last season and have gone to the playoffs three years running after watching our franchise pile-driven into the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by OldschoolFreak View Post
                Sorry to start another thread on this. Mods, please attach my poll to another thread if that's possible...

Ok, we're bordering on a full scale mutiny. Like many others, my current feeling is "off with his head"! It has been discussed ad nauseum how much of the blame goes to Fox and the coaching staff.

Now here's my question to you: do you believe this team has the ability to win a SB under a Fox regime?
                I'm not so sure anymore. Manning knew his legacy was on the line in this SB and the offense totally crapped the bed. Who is gonna get in Manning's grill and let him know to "WAKE UP!"

This team has talent, but it doesn't have that nasty drive to smash other teams into the dirt. I don't care if the offense is "pretty" I at the very least want the defense to be "scary good" and have a killer attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by Taco John View Post
                  We won 15 games with Fox this last season and have gone to the playoffs three years running after watching our franchise pile-driven into the ground.
                  yep, and that's great. But if you don't win a SB who the hell cares? I'm shocked at how badly the Broncos played in the most meaningful game of the year. I'm shocked at how bad the offense was. That is all on the coaching staff.

Comment

I think we can.

He is far from perfect, and has some glaring faults. But he does have some strengths as well. This last game was a terrible game, and much of the fault lies squarely at his feet.

I do believe with the right pieces in place, the team can win a Superbowl with Fox as the coach. I hope that he takes a long hard look at what went wrong, and makes a real effort to correct it.

Comment

I don't think Fox is the problem. I haven't really had a problem with him until yesterday's presser. I think that's a time for flipping out Jim Mora / Denny Green style. "Not too shabby" makes me want to punch him in the face.

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
                        I'm not so sure anymore. Manning knew his legacy was on the line in this SB and the offense totally crapped the bed. Who is gonna get in Manning's grill and let him know to "WAKE UP!"

This team has talent, but it doesn't have that nasty drive to smash other teams into the dirt. I don't care if the offense is "pretty" I at the very least want the defense to be "scary good" and have a killer attitude.

We're a finesse team, its that simple. Other than Vickerson, and I don't care for dirty play, who is nasty on that team? Tre lays it, but is he punishing? Webster earlier on layed the wood... Rahim maybe? Welker is scrapy I guess. Does that O-line push people around?

I again, I would mind seeing a little Shiano/ Gregg Williams tude on this roster...

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
                          I don't think Fox is the problem. I haven't really had a problem with him until yesterday's presser. I think that's a time for flipping out Jim Mora / Denny Green style. "Not too shabby" makes me want to punch him in the face.
                          John Fox is a guy who put the 2nd place trophy in the case and polishes it on a reglaur basis with pride. I don't really care for a consolation coach who points out moral victories and finding silver linings in the **** storm.

"Not to Shabby"- how the **** could that come out of his mouth?

Comment

Hell No lets sign a petition to get Coach Bombay

Comment

We can win with Fox.

We can win with Manning.

Do you think Seattle's D is going to dominate people again like it did this year. The NFL is always changing and adapting. Someone will figure it out and force them to find something new. Next year we have the chance to be healthy. We have the chance to find a run game. We have the chance to shore up our D. We have the bones of a great team in the making. The worst thing to do right now is to replace the rudder and send us on a different path. We are almost there.

Comment

Working...
                              X