Knowshon Moreno vs. the Field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knowshon Moreno vs. the Field

To annex the other thread on the Knowshon Moreno situation, I think the question that we face is whether or not there is anyone available who gives us more than Knowshon does. So here's a poll to see what people think of this question...
    Ben Tate (Texans)
    7.37%
    Rashad Jennings (Raiders)
    7.37%
    Darren McFadden (Raiders)
    7.37%
    Andre Brown (Giants)
    3.16%
    Maurice Jones Drew (Jaguars)
    13.68%
    Rashard Mendenhall (Cardinals)
    0.00%
    Donald Brown (Colts)
    3.16%
    Ahmad Bradshaw (Colts)
    0.00%
    James Starks (Packers)
    1.05%
    LeGarrette Blount (Patriots)
    3.16%
    Anthony Dixon (49ers)
    2.11%
    Toby Gerhart (Vikings)
    5.26%
    La'Rod Stephens-Howling (Steelers)
    0.00%
    Jonathan Dwyer (Steelers)
    0.00%
    Bernard Scott (Ravens)
    1.05%
    Brian Leonard (Tampa Bay)
    0.00%
    Felix Jones (Steelers)
    0.00%
    Ronnie Brown (Chargers)
    0.00%
    (R) Ka'Deem Carey - Arizona
    7.37%
    (R) Carlos Hyde - Ohio St.
    3.16%
    (R) Tre Mason - Auburn
    7.37%
    (R) Bishp Sankey - Washington
    1.05%
    (R) Lache Seastrunk - Baylor
    1.05%
    (R) Jeremy Hill - LSU
    3.16%
    (R) Kapri Bibbs - Colo. St.
    0.00%
    (R) Marion Grice - Arz. St.
    0.00%
    (R) Charles Sims - W. Virg.
    0.00%
    (R) Andre Williams - Boston Coll.
    4.21%
    None - Knowshon Moreno is a better option than all of these
    17.89%

Moreno is valuable to this offense..He blocks pretty well.
    Last year, we could have won the game against Ravens if he was not injured.
    Unfortunately, he couldn't contribute in SB.
    We need to sign him at any cost.

Comment

I know he's a Raider but Jennings is a tough customer. Runs very hard. Wish the Broncos would go after him.

Comment

OP, you are really all about Moreno these days. Anyway, lets see who gets cut. There will be more added to the list.

Comment

Originally posted by maven View Post
          OP, you are really all about Moreno these days. Anyway, lets see who gets cut. There will be more added to the list.
          I'm having a hard time finding a more compelling story line this off season. I'm very interested to see what the Broncos do in this position. I'm torn on the question myself, which is why I'm very interested in other people's thoughts.

Nobody that is going to be cut is a better option than Moreno so far as I can tell.

Comment

The better option is already on the team: Montee Ball. I appreciate Moreno's contributions this season, but by the end of the season it was clear that Ball was the better pure runner. With the offseason to refine his all around skills, I'm looking forward to Ball being the bell cow. Hopefully, Elway will impress on the staff what finally got him to glory...a smash mouth running game. Not saying I expect us to throw it 20 times a game, but 50/50 balance with Ball getting 20 carries a game is what I hope to see. That will help limit the turnover issue and also keep defenses on their heels. If Moreno wants to be the 3rd down back and the market for him is weak, bring him back. Otherwise, time to turn it over to Montee.
            Last edited by BroncoInferno; 02-04-2014, 08:54 PM.

Comment

he's better than any of those guys, but he's also more expensive than any of them. and the guy you don't have on that list is the most pertinent one for the Broncos front office: Montee Ball.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoInferno View Post
                The better option is already on the team: Montae Ball. I appreciate Moreno's contributions this season, but by the end of the season it was clear that Ball was the better pure runner. With the offseason to refine his all around skills, I'm looking forward to Ball being the bell cow. Hopefully, Elway will impress on the staff what finally got him to glory...a smash mouth running game. Not saying I expect us to throw it 20 times a game, but 50/50 balance with Ball getting 20 carries a game is what I hope to see. That will help limit the turnover issue and also keep defenses on their heels. If Moreno wants to be the 3rd down back and the market for him is weak, bring him back. Otherwise, time to turn it over to Montae.
                Montee*

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBound View Post
                  Montee*
                  Fixed.

Comment

I'm a fan of Morenos but MJD and Ball/Hillman would be be a dynamic duo. Question is what MJD has in the tanks. I'd also be satisfied if we kept Moreno.

Comment

We don't really need a replacement. I'm perfectly fine with Ball as the primary back with CJ as the secondary option. Of all the guys on that list though I'd go for Gerhart. I think he's a very good runner, but he got drafted by the worst possible team. I still don't get why the Vikings drafted him to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by whoeey View Post
                        I'm a fan of Morenos but MJD and Ball/Hillman would be be a dynamic duo. Question is what MJD has in the tanks. I'd also be satisfied if we kept Moreno.
                        MJD sucks at this point in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Taco John View Post
                          I'm having a hard time finding a more compelling story line this off season. I'm very interested to see what the Broncos do in this position. I'm torn on the question myself, which is why I'm very interested in other people's thoughts.

Nobody that is going to be cut is a better option than Moreno so far as I can tell.
                          I think Moreno's biggest competition is right next to him in Ball. Personally, I would like to see both together at least one more season. Fine tune Ball and also see if Moreno has another good season. I don't want to use a high or medium draft pick on a running back.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
                            MJD sucks at this point in his career.
                            He's been hurt. Listened to him on the radio the other day and he's finally getting back to healthy(foot). I think the guy is hungry and I wouldn't mind if Denver signed him. He still has some game left in him, and I think he would like to play for a contender.

Throw in Ball with an offseason, Hillman growing some hair on his balls, and CJ I think that would be a heck of a backfield.

Comment

Too bad Hillman sucks because we need speed.

Comment

Working...
                              X