Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Calling It Now....DEN/SEA II

Superbowl 49 will be a rematch.

I know this never happens and history says the Broncos will be lucky to even make the playoffs next year. I also acknowledge that this offseason will be a big minefield that will have to be expertly navigated to avoid mass attrition and talent loss.

But I think we do navigate the postseason with some success, hopefully don't get bit quite as hard by the injury bug next year, and make it back.

I admit I have no idea if (and perhaps even less faith that) that Fox can come up with a better gameplan/tougher team/more prepared mentality but I think at least he'll have a shot.

oh God, too soon. I can't even comprehend sitting down to watch a repeat yet. The stench from Sunday is still strong in my nose. Stinks real bad.

Comment

well we do play them in seattle this year during the regular season....

Comment

Originally posted by PaintballCLE View Post
        well we do play them in seattle this year during the regular season....
        and we will probably play them again in the pre-season.

Comment

I don't think I could bring myself to watch that. I have zero trust in this team and coaching staff.

Comment

I hope your right , but I just don't see it happening

Comment

Yeah, it seems scary after what just happened. But really, I think this was as much of an avalanche game as I've ever seen. It started early and just rolled Seattle's way. Yes, they had a lot to do with it BUT, we allowed the game to be played their way.

But I really believe it could have been just as lopsided the other way. Just imagine if a jittery Holiday takes a smart touchback instead of hastily returning it to the 15, instead of a bad snap, an overly aggressive D is offsides on the first play giving Manning a free play that goes for 80. A quick three and out and 4 plays into the next drive after our offense does it's thing and converts a few first downs and now Seattle (rather than Denver) is pressing early resulting in a jacked up Earl Thomas concussing Richard Sherman while trying to help tackle DT. Sherman out for the game, quick TD to DT and you get the picture...No deer in the headlights, we stay calm and play our brand of football and it's 43-8 Denver.

My point is, yes there are steps that need to be taken to toughen and better prepare this team but I don't see any reason to believe Seattle isn't beatable.
              Last edited by OldschoolFreak; 02-04-2014, 03:01 PM.

Comment

As a Lakers fan this feels like when the Lakers got beat by the Celtics, they were humiliated. It changed the Lakers they came back strong the next year and really committed to being physical and they won the next year.

Comment

Well...the Bills and Cowboys played 2 years in a row.

I'd expect this to go the same way too unless there is some sort of mass upgrade somewhere.

Comment

At this point, that's the match-up I would want the most. I hope the team would feel the same.

Comment

The odds are against it. Teams have to be really lucky just to miss the injury bug. Imagine if the Seahawks next year faced the same level of injuries on D that we had this year? That puts the Niners or Panthers in the game. Or the Cardinals.

Comment

One of the keys to SEA winning was that they had depth and close to nil injuries. Plus they had Percy Harvin play in his first and only full game of the year on Sunday. DEN had four key starters missing Ryan Clady, Von Miller, Chris Harris, Derek Wolfe. This alone would alter the game, maybe not the outcome, but definitely not the debacle that was SB XLVIII. SEA had one of the worst protection and most allowed sacked O-line, DEN didn't even get close enough to lay curse word on Wilson
                        Last edited by El Minion; 02-04-2014, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Well, if we are picking SB's today I'd go with SF versus NE.

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
                            The odds are against it. Teams have to be really lucky just to miss the injury bug. Imagine if the Seahawks next year faced the same level of injuries on D that we had this year? That puts the Niners or Panthers in the game. Or the Cardinals.
                            I'm also not convinced we can get homefield advantage yet again or that Manning will wait until the Super Bowl to pull his playoff choke job, but whatever.

Comment

Broncos need to have a nasty defense to get back this year, everybody will be better Colts, Pats, Chargers. K.C and even the Bengals will all have better teams.

Comment

Working...
                              X