Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chiefs to avoid the Super Bowl for a few more years.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chiefs to avoid the Super Bowl for a few more years.

Clark Hunt: We hope Alex Smith’s here longer than two years

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...han-two-years/

Rest of the AFCW - "We do too!"

Comment

There is a good dose of reality. We could be chief fans. I will take the back to back bowls, all the SB losses, the chance at getting back next year vs decades of nonsense that is the chiefs organization.

Comment

Alex Smith got better as the year went on...much better and I wouldn't sell him short.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
          Alex Smith got better as the year went on...much better and I wouldn't sell him short.
          hey you, beat it back to chorfs planet. i'm trying to cheer up this place.

Comment

The last pass, to Bowe on 4th down vs Colts, is all you need to know about Alex Smith.

I hope he gets locked up long term.

Comment

Originally posted by Meck77 View Post
              There is a good dose of reality. We could be chief fans. I will take the back to back bowls, all the SB losses, the chance at getting back next year vs decades of nonsense that is the chiefs organization.

I still bear the scars of the SB losses in the 1980's, so I've learned to lower my expectations about the broncos. Even when the broncos do win another superbowl, it will never be like 1997. This past SB was more like a regular game for me. I was really pissed yesterday, but back to normal today.

Comment

He looked much, much better. He had the Colts on the ropes and out of the building. I'd say the Chiefs will be one heck of contest for this team next season, as well as the Chargers. I'd also be looking in he rear mirror at the Fade, they no longer have 50% of he cap in dead money- they will be climbing back out of the sewer soon.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post
                  He looked much, much better. He had the Colts on the ropes and out of the building. I'd say the Chiefs will be one heck of contest for this team next season, as well as the Chargers. I'd also be looking in he rear mirror at the Fade, they no longer have 50% of he cap in dead money- they will be climbing back out of the sewer soon.
                  The interesting thing about the Chiefs is that there seemed to be a DIRECT correlation between the offensive improvement, and the defensive deterioration. It was very weird. They never put a COMPLETE game together, on both sides of the ball...

Comment

Originally posted by Crushaholic View Post
                    The interesting thing about the Chiefs is that there seemed to be a DIRECT correlation between the offensive improvement, and the defensive deterioration. It was very weird. They never put a COMPLETE game together, on both sides of the ball...
                    they stopped playing against buckup QB's....

Comment

Originally posted by Crushaholic View Post
                      yeh, fascinating right? I was a little nervous when they started to blow up and Smith starting turning it on... then the Defense fell apart and died.

That must have been a bitter bite of **** sandwich.

I expect that team to be better and more balanced than last.... honestly, I hope the Chiefs and Chargers are vastly improved, it will only make is better should we get back into the playoffs, which I think we should.

Comment

Originally posted by bronco militia View Post
                        hey you, beat it back to chorfs planet. i'm trying to cheer up this place.
                        there is no thread topic solution to a spiritual problem. Or a kick in the dick.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post
                          yep...he was starting to throw in more tight spaces. If they had a TE and better WR's...they would have made it further in the playoffs. Maybe even won the division.

Comment

Of course they do. You don't give up compensation that's equivalent to the 20th pick in the draft for only 2 years of what you traded for. He's an average QB

Comment

yep...he was starting to throw in more tight spaces. If they had a TE and better WR's...they would have made it further in the playoffs. Maybe even won the division.
                              He did, he made some excellent throws. Plus he has at least some wheels to make a play when the plays break down... i hate him for that... lol

I still think we will the West next year, but I fully excpect it to be down to the wire with the Chiefs again, and the Chargers.

Comment

Working...
                              X