No announcement yet.

Drafting a QBOTF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need to trade up in the draft and get a impact player for our defense...

Comment

Originally posted by go_broncos View Post
      We are in Win now mode.can't draft a QB..
      That did not stop them from doing it when it was win now mode a couple years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
        That's my thought as well. Because of the high # of good QBs coming out this year coupled with Boyd's inconsistencies, we might have a shot at getting a guy who has #1 overall talent at the end of the first round.
        MLB, Safety, DE, CB. Take the player you think can be a franchise leader for the next 7 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
          That did not stop them from doing it when it was win now mode a couple years ago.
          All fairness, we had no idea whether Manning would be able to get back to form...

Comment

Originally posted by Castinkas View Post
            We need to trade up in the draft and get a impact player for our defense...
            Would not be opposed to this. Target the badass and go get him as there will be only a few starting positions available. Again, MLB and Safety...a stud could come right in and start day one.

Comment

QB's that pass for 100 yards/game win superbowls... Just build a defense lol

Comment

How can people not feel great about Oz? They haven't seen him really. When he's performed in preseason he's done an OK job. He's learning on the job right now. He has the arm and size you want from the position. He's a young guy. I remember hearing the same stuff about Rodgers. I think Denver was extremely smart bringing in a young QB that they liked who could learn the offense and work with Manning. Hopefully we get to reap those benefits in a few years. Same with Dysert.

Comment

I will never argue with the need to find a team's "next QB," but I feel like this is either too early, or too late. We ride with Manning for at least 2 years (his health withstanding). Keep trying to build / strengthen our weak spots in the process, so we build a great all-around team that can win regardless of QB (ex. - Patriots still winning with Matt Cassell). We have two young QB's on the roster already, and you haven't even mentioned Dysert. We thought enough of Dysert to not stash him on the practice squad.

Despite everyone's feelings, Manning has established us as the #1 seed two years in a row. We won't get any better than that at the QB position. Fix the rest of the team, especially the defense. We need some mean mother****er across from (a skinnier and faster) Von Miller. We also need guys not named Paris Lenon, Mike Adams, Nacho, and Tony Carter starting on our defense in the Superbowl.

Comment

Take a QB every year.

Develop him as your own or pawn him off to some QB needy team in the future.

Comment

Whether anybody likes the idea or not, I think we're going to go through a Broz Era. I accept that.

Comment

Originally posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
                        I heard on one of the channels over the weekend that the team is still high on Oz, so much so that they may not even draft a QB this year. They believe he's the guy to take over when the day comes.
                        Really, what else are they really going to say, though?

And I'm not down on Oz or anything. I just can't stomach using another one of our early picks on theoretical 2016 needs which will otherwise will do absolutely nothing for the on-field product while our window closes.

If it's a 4th or later, no big deal to me. But a 1st or 2nd again? Thanks, but no thanks.

Comment

Hopefully oz performs well enough to get traded away.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
                            Take a QB every year.

Develop him as your own or pawn him off to some QB needy team in the future.
                            Just don't draft a QB in the 1st round. We need defense, defense, defense, and protection for Manning.

Comment

Originally posted by bpc View Post
                              How can people not feel great about Oz? They haven't seen him really. When he's performed in preseason he's done an OK job. He's learning on the job right now. He has the arm and size you want from the position. He's a young guy. I remember hearing the same stuff about Rodgers. I think Denver was extremely smart bringing in a young QB that they liked who could learn the offense and work with Manning. Hopefully we get to reap those benefits in a few years. Same with Dysert.
                              WRT Rodgers - that's probably the closest comparison to the situation I put above. There was debate about him or Alex Smith as #1 overall and then he slipped down the draft board all the way to 24 and sat behind Favre for 3 years.

That's what has caught my attention - Boyd's inconsistency this year and his disastrous Senior Bowl week has dropped him out of consideration for a high pick when at the beginning of the season there was already talk of if it was going to be him or Bridgewater at #1.

Should the Packers have drafted for their "win now" last few years with Favre? Or did they make the best decision for the long term?

Comment

Originally posted by Arkie View Post
                                Just don't draft a QB in the 1st round. We need defense, defense, defense, and protection for Manning.
                                Yeah, in the Broncos current situation, I don't mind taking one if it's no earlier than the late 3rd round.

I agree they need to bolster other areas first.

Comment

Working...
                                X