Knowshon Moreno Watch...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knowshon Moreno Watch...

So - as we all know, there's been talk of letting Knowshon Moreno test the market. The question, of course, is what will the market bear for him, and will it be more than the Broncos are willing to match. Adding to the equation are the number of free agents available this year - there's quite a few of them:
    http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/1/1...nowshon-moreno

I'll be very curious to see where this situation goes, as it seems to me like whatever happens on this front will play a huge role in our draft strategy.

Let's use this thread to track the events around Knowshon and discuss our own viewpoints on him returning to the team.

I'll be gutted to see him go, he's one of the few players with heart on the team and he's reliable. We'd regret trying to get a bigger playmaker once the fumbles become more frequent.

Comment

Seems to me letting one of our most passionate and emotional players, not to mention productive, walk would be a bad idea considering what just happened.

Comment

need to sign him

Comment

I think Knowshon, Decker and Beadles should be let go and the money should be spent on the defensive side of the ball.

Kinda of force Manning away from being the super focus of the offense and make the D super stout.

Manning with a super stout D is tough to deal with. He has never had that in his life.

Plus, wouldn't we get compensation picks for Moreno, Decker and Beadles if we don't sign an outside free agent to take their place? They are all worth 3rd round comp picks imo.

Comment

Knowshon's speed (or lack thereof) was highly evident last night when trying to chase down Malcolm Smith after that pick. Smith smoked him.

Love Knowshon's energy and team spirit, but if he get's four million a year, funk that. Let's spend that on pass rushers, MLBs, corners, or whatever.

Comment

Non-elite FA RB's really don't command a lot of $$$. So it's possible we get him back without spending a fortune. I wouldn't expect a huge market for him.

Comment

I love Knowshon-

That said, I think we need to think about bringing in a big name RB who can just straight up run over people. We need other playmakers on offense that don't rely on PM for production.

Comment

Originally posted by bronco0608 View Post
                  I think Knowshon, Decker and Beadles should be let go and the money should be spent on the defensive side of the ball.

Kinda of force Manning away from being the super focus of the offense and make the D super stout.

Manning with a super stout D is tough to deal with. He has never had that in his life.

Plus, wouldn't we get compensation picks for Moreno, Decker and Beadles if we don't sign an outside free agent to take their place? They are all worth 3rd round comp picks imo.
                  Agreed - Time for Ball to step up in to the main role, we will need to pick up a solid vet to back him up in case Hillman/CJ aren't able to step up into the #2 role.

I think both Decker and Caldwell are free agents no? Another place to address once we see what kind of offers he is getting. Not worth #1 type of money so we'll need to address this with either an early draft pick that hopefully develops as the season progresses and a vet or 2 solid vets.

Beadles - not worth the money. The only place I would spend money offensively is on LG - get a real road grader like Vasquez in there this offensive line could be incredible if Clady returns to form.

Defense is where we need to spend what capital we have

Comment

Knowshon doesn't make big plays, doesn't have top end speed, and won't be highly sought after for big money. He will be sought after a s a tough vet who can block and be part of a time share.

Otherwise he's a 1000 yrd rusher and not much more. Hell on a crappy team prob 800 yrds. I think he stays with Broncos.

Comment

adios Knowshow....Peyton's offense saved your career.

Comment

Keep both backs for next yr. They will have lots of experience and be ready to block for Manning day 1. Ball is only going to get better.

Still Elway blew it not drafting Lacy.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                          Non-elite FA RB's really don't command a lot of $$$. So it's possible we get him back without spending a fortune. I wouldn't expect a huge market for him.

I think the real question is do we even want him back?

My heart says yes, but my head says - now wait a minute... Let's think this through and determine if he really gives us what we need from the position. And I'm coming back conflicted. It's hard to deny that he had a great year - but don't we need someone who can take over a game if needed? We don't really have that from our offense, and it makes us one dimensional. What if we had a runningback who could actually have taken the pressure off of Manning last night early on... I guess it's easy to say "what if," but these are the kinds of questions I expect our front office to be asking themselves as they look at whether or not they want to bring Knowshon back. I don't think it's merely about what his salary will be. I think it will be about what he's able to bring to the offense - and who else out there might be able to bring more... And THAT's the real interesting question to me...

Comment

Originally posted by Taco John View Post
                            I think the real question is do we even want him back?

My heart says yes, but my head says - now wait a minute... Let's think this through and determine if he really gives us what we need from the position. And I'm coming back conflicted. It's hard to deny that he had a great year - but don't we need someone who can take over a game if needed? We don't really have that from our offense, and it makes us one dimensional. What if we had a runningback who could actually have taken the pressure off of Manning last night early on... I guess it's easy to say "what if," but these are the kinds of questions I expect our front office to be asking themselves as they look at whether or not they want to bring Knowshon back. I don't think it's merely about what his salary will be. I think it will be about what he's able to bring to the offense - and who else out there might be able to bring more... And THAT's the real interesting question to me...
                            I'm at the same point and I've always been a Knowshon supporter

Comment

Adios amigo!

Comment

Working...
                              X