Pooch kick?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pooch kick?!

I don't know how all of you feel about that... but whoever called that pooch kick to open up the 2nd half should have been fired before they left the stadium last night.
    You have Matt Prater who arguably has one of the strongest legs in the game and you decide to pooch it?! Tell him to kick it out of the back of the end zone! Their kicker was, and they weren't scared of Trindon. Just an awful call...

I don't know what team that was wearing the Orange jersey's last night, but it wasn't the team that we all enjoyed watching this whole season...
    So upsetting....

Yes, It was the same team you watched all season long. Denver was already having their ass' handed to them well before the kick off to start the 2nd half. Thinking that was the play that broke the back leads me to believe you know zero about football.

Comment

Originally posted by OBF1 View Post
      Yes, It was the same team you watched all season long. Denver was already having their ass' handed to them well before the kick off to start the 2nd half. Thinking that was the play that broke the back leads me to believe you know zero about football.
      Actually that was the play that ended the game mentally for the Broncos. Even a Seabags D-lineman said you could see all hope fade from the Broncos and it appeared they gave up when Harvin returned that kick.

Comment

It was like a long onside kick they was hoping for a tricky bounce. I'm sure Fox was thinking hell we can get a bounce going our way or just stop Percy at the 25 yard line. But the plan just went to ****

Comment

It was the other 10 guys on that short kick off who seemed to have no urgency to quickly get to where the ball was. No one was even close of getting to the football, even if he would of mishandled it. Did they even practice that play? Well all 3 phases got their butts handed to them, there's many of plays to choose from.

Comment

That was the dumbest thing they did.Why not kick the ball out of bounds? Then after we scored, Why do the onside kick?

Comment

Fox was an unbelievable idiot to try that. Should throw himself in the River Hudson for even thinking that was a good idea. Imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by spiralism View Post
                Fox was an unbelievable idiot to try that. Should throw himself in the River Hudson for even thinking that was a good idea. Imbecile.
                Fox is a "follow the book" and "play not to lose" sort of coach. it's just not in his DNA to be unconventional. so when he tries to be unconventional, it's not particularly well thought out. we've all seen this from him for 3 years. am i the only one who remembers when Kyle Orton was starting against the Titans and we ran 3 straight RB dives from the 1 yard line and Tebow never saw the field, other than some ridiculous QB draw at the 50 yard line early in the game? it's who he is. he is not built to think out of the box, and when he does... you get some of what we saw yesterday.

i'm unimpressed with Fox, Gase, and JDR after this fiasco. why were the Broncos afraid to hit those Seattle thugs back? it's like they were the playground bully and the Broncos were the kid with glasses hoping that if they just ignored all the punches that maybe the bully would get bored and go find somebody else to pick on.

there have been lower points in the history of this franchise, but this one sure feels like it belongs in the bottom 5.

Comment

Fox is a second place coach.

Comment

I was pissed as soon as I saw Prater slow down as he approached the ball. You have the best kicker in the league, let him kick it deep.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickstixx View Post
                      I don't know how all of you feel about that... but whoever called that pooch kick to open up the 2nd half should have been fired before they left the stadium last night.
                      You have Matt Prater who arguably has one of the strongest legs in the game and you decide to pooch it?! Tell him to kick it out of the back of the end zone! Their kicker was, and they weren't scared of Trindon. Just an awful call...

I don't know what team that was wearing the Orange jersey's last night, but it wasn't the team that we all enjoyed watching this whole season...
                      So upsetting....
                      We needed some momentum change at that point, why not try something, right?
                      It only sucks if it didn't work. Come on?!

Comment

Originally posted by OBF1 View Post
                        actually, I believe that call ,Strategy, execution and results, did indeed,
                        BREAK THE WIILL OF THE ENTIRE TEAM !
                        I think the broncos, my broncos, quit after that play.
                        yesterday was a total FAILURE in all three phases of of football which is a condemnation of all players and COACHES.
                        our broncos werte totally predictable on offense, and outplayed in all phases,
                        Seattle?
                        far better prepared, strategicly, physicly and emotionally!
                        Champ telling the players,
                        MAKE THE GAME BIGGER THAN YOU,
                        elllicted the performance we witnessed,
                        THE GAME WAS TOO BIG FOR THEM FROM THE OPENING SNAP !
                        Last edited by CHEF LUIGI; 02-03-2014, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by strafen View Post
                          We needed some momentum change at that point, why not try something, right?
                          It only sucks if it didn't work. Come on?!
                          The thing about that play is that it's a low % play. In other words, it seldom works. By not being successful on the kick they basically conceded the game at that point. 29-0 = game over. At the start of the half.

The correct call would have been to kick the ball out of the endzone. The D was still playing tough. Down 3 TDs but you supposedly have the greatest offense in league history and spent the halftime making adjustments.

Dumb call. End o story.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickstixx View Post

So upsetting....
                            Disagree. That ball bounces in any other direction and we probably recover it. Watch the replay, we had 5 guys coming full speed. They got a good bounce.

We were down 22-0...had to try something.

Comment

our kick coverage team was ACCUSTOMED and COMFORTABLE,
                              kicking off and running downfield to watch the REF signal a TOUCHBACK.
                              they have not attempted or executed that play EVER before, and NEVER against the likes of percy harvin.
                              it was stooped!
                              you could tell the kick team had ZERO confidence in the call and the execution reflected that mentality!
                              stooped!
                              could any team start both halves as poorly as the broncos?
                              they were mentally overwhelmed...
                              " THE GAME BIGGER THAN YOU."
                              stooped imagrey.
                              Last edited by CHEF LUIGI; 02-03-2014, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X