My Cruel Girlfriend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's pretty ****ing evil.

Case and point, this is why men are assholes.

Comment

Is it sad that I am questioning my involvement in football? Days like this are a good reason why Bandwagon fans may have it right. How many teams even get to the Super Bowl? Every year 32 reach for that brass ring and one comes away with it. Even if it rotated through all 32 every year, the Broncos would next win when I was 50, and then again likely when I'm dead.

It's hard for me to see how soft this team played and the way this team is coached and not feel they're too soft and unlikely to get back for quite awhile. Days like this make me want a different hobby that is more rewarding and that I have more control over.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
        Is it sad that I am questioning my involvement in football? Days like this are a good reason why Bandwagon fans may have it right. How many teams even get to the Super Bowl? Every year 32 reach for that brass ring and one comes away with it. Even if it rotated through all 32 every year, the Broncos would next win when I was 50, and then again likely when I'm dead.

It's hard for me to see how soft this team played and the way this team is coached and not feel they're too soft and unlikely to get back for quite awhile. Days like this make me want a different hobby that is more rewarding and that I have more control over.

I'll still follow all the FA talk, draft talk, and come July I'll start getting excited to come down to Denver for a day at Training Camp, but this loss has taken some of the luster off my excitement. It is a hobby, one that helps pass the winter away, but I have others I enjoy just as much, if not more.

I'm looking forward to spring, and getting the motorcycle out of hibernation. I've got to start planning how I'm going to afford a new rear tire, start planning what rides I want to take, what my bike needs, those type of things. It will be another nice way to get to enjoy living in CO.

Comment

Rev, your girl sounds pretty amazing.

She sounds like a keeper. Good women are hard to find, and worth the effort and sacrifice needed to make it work.

Comment

I was actually having a conversation with my neighbor last night about the Super Bowl and I told him that "the Super Bowl is a whole lot more fun when your team is not playing in it."

You get a game with all the hoopla and the hype and the food and beverage without all of the emotional baggage and turmoil.

Comment

I feel the same way..I have invested to much emotionally in this team since becoming a fan in 83..its time to rethink...

Comment

Originally posted by brncs_fan View Post
                I was actually having a conversation with my neighbor last night about the Super Bowl and I told him that "the Super Bowl is a whole lot more fun when your team is not playing in it."

You get a game with all the hoopla and the hype and the food and beverage without all of the emotional baggage and turmoil.
                I said the same thing to my wife last night. So glad I didn't have a SB party.

To the OP.... what would she know, she's a Jags fan

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
                  In case you need a momentary distraction, thought I'd share the email my sadistic girlfriend sent me this morning:

"I hate that I’m writing this letter today. You’ve been the love of my life. I have been committed, loyal, strong and supportive to you throughout our entire relationship. And I have always chosen to stay dedicated to you – even though I’ve had many other attractive options (and believe me, some were hard to turn down!)

You are what I’ve dreamed about since my childhood. You shaped who I am as a person, the way I experience joy and pain, my hobbies, my passion. But I give and give and give and all you do is take. Take my time, take my energy, take my pride. I’m exhausted. And I’m done.

This has been a good couple of years. I felt protected. I really thought we were going to make it and that things were going to be right again. And like always, you let me down. I’d like to say I’m disappointed, but it’s bigger than that – I’m not just disappointed, I’m miserable!

We’ve had some beautiful moments and all in all, I’ve definitely enjoyed our time together. But your actions have shown me that you do not have the same respect for our relationship as I do. You’ve ruined everything.

I don’t like how this is starting to feel like a compulsion. I almost crave knowing you better. It feels toxic. The devastation that your incompetence has on my life is irrational and unfortunate, but it is true, and I can’t separate my feelings of personal self-worth from your inadequacies. But today I’m saying NO MORE! I’ve had enough. **** off.

This is not how I wanted our last night together to be spent; I assure you that I envisioned this going much differently. I know every relationship has ups and downs, but is it healthy to have SO many

But alas, I cannot let go. I am a slave to your childish games. Ultimately, ever since you’ve walked into my life, you’ve made me smile. You’ve broken my heart. But I understand it wasn’t intentional, and I am sure it hurts you more than me. I don’t want this to be over. I want my kids to know you like I always have. So, I will just walk away for a few. We need some time apart. We need to learn how not to be so harmful for each other. I need to relax and let the anger dissipate. Understand that I am hurt, and disappointed, and need this time away to remind me how much I love you. So for now, goodbye and suckit douchebags. I will see you at the draft in April, Johns Fox and Elway.

Regards,
                  Patrick Turley.

I thought that I should write your breakup letter for you. You are too emotional right now, and we both know that I'm better with words anyway.
                  Love you ; )"
                  Hey do you have a picture? Sounds like she has her head on straight.
                  What can go wrong for you now.
                  Last edited by Raider9175; 02-03-2014, 07:57 AM.

Comment

This exactly. If i could flip the switch and turn it off, i would. I actually said this in the middle of last week. Its awful. It has no real effect on our lives other than making us miserable at some point

Comment

Yeah man. She spent the weekend decorating her place and making a ton of different Broncos themed foods only to have me throwing a borderline temper tantrum through the house all night.
                      i didnt even reach temper tantrum stage. I was just stunned and went straight to depression.

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
                        i didnt even reach temper tantrum stage. I was just stunned and went straight to depression.
                        Same here. first snap safety? I mean that's just a bad omen. First time I've ever turned off a Broncos Game.

Comment

Originally posted by jmz313 View Post
                          Same here. first snap safety? I mean that's just a bad omen. First time I've ever turned off a Broncos Game.
                          Not my first time ever, but first time in years. And it was the ****ing super bowl!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
                            This exactly. If i could flip the switch and turn it off, i would. I actually said this in the middle of last week. Its awful. It has no real effect on our lives other than making us miserable at some point
                            i know right..

I wish I had an on/off switch.

Comment

I'm just a walking *****ing zombie today. Kind of shell shocked over yesterday.

Comment

In case you need a momentary distraction, thought I'd share the email my sadistic girlfriend sent me this morning:

"I hate that I’m writing this letter today. You’ve been the love of my life. I have been committed, loyal, strong and supportive to you throughout our entire relationship. And I have always chosen to stay dedicated to you – even though I’ve had many other attractive options (and believe me, some were hard to turn down!)

You are what I’ve dreamed about since my childhood. You shaped who I am as a person, the way I experience joy and pain, my hobbies, my passion. But I give and give and give and all you do is take. Take my time, take my energy, take my pride. I’m exhausted. And I’m done.

This has been a good couple of years. I felt protected. I really thought we were going to make it and that things were going to be right again. And like always, you let me down. I’d like to say I’m disappointed, but it’s bigger than that – I’m not just disappointed, I’m miserable!

We’ve had some beautiful moments and all in all, I’ve definitely enjoyed our time together. But your actions have shown me that you do not have the same respect for our relationship as I do. You’ve ruined everything.

I don’t like how this is starting to feel like a compulsion. I almost crave knowing you better. It feels toxic. The devastation that your incompetence has on my life is irrational and unfortunate, but it is true, and I can’t separate my feelings of personal self-worth from your inadequacies. But today I’m saying NO MORE! I’ve had enough. **** off.

This is not how I wanted our last night together to be spent; I assure you that I envisioned this going much differently. I know every relationship has ups and downs, but is it healthy to have SO many

But alas, I cannot let go. I am a slave to your childish games. Ultimately, ever since you’ve walked into my life, you’ve made me smile. You’ve broken my heart. But I understand it wasn’t intentional, and I am sure it hurts you more than me. I don’t want this to be over. I want my kids to know you like I always have. So, I will just walk away for a few. We need some time apart. We need to learn how not to be so harmful for each other. I need to relax and let the anger dissipate. Understand that I am hurt, and disappointed, and need this time away to remind me how much I love you. So for now, goodbye and suckit douchebags. I will see you at the draft in April, Johns Fox and Elway.

Regards,
                                Patrick Turley.

I thought that I should write your breakup letter for you. You are too emotional right now, and we both know that I'm better with words anyway.
                                Love you ; )"
                                I lul'd

Comment

Working...
                                X