Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why John Fox stunk

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why John Fox stunk

    Obviously, we can point to the lack of preparation and poor gameplan, but as someone who totally despises Fox, I admit that Fox supporters can always rely on the argument that its the players that stunk and Fox isn't the one who snapped the ball over Peyton's head, etc, etc, etc.

    However, I can point to some game decisions and his demeanor that made him stunk. 3 in the 1st half alone:

    1)Fox prematurely throwing the red flag to challenge a swing pass that looked like it may have been a lateral. I was frustrated with how Seattle had lined up so quickly that the tv production didn't have time to show a replay. But DON'T throw a red flag. Instead, CALL A TIMEOUT, to stop the action, which then gives the tv production a chance to show a replay. Then they would have clearly seen it was a forward pass, and they lose a timeout because they willingly use it, instead of losing a challenge and a timeout for using a challenge. Fox doesn't have a brain the to think like this though.

    2)Late in the 1st half, Manning pass over the deep middle to Julius Thomas that was OBVIOUSLY pass interference. The Seattle defender was coming across the opposite way and RAN INTO Thomas! This was about as blatant PI as I had ever seen one. What does Fox do? NOTHING. A coach with real fire would be screaming in the officials faces demanding an explanation for their incompetence. This would also fire up the players if they know they have a coach who is willing to let out some fire of his own. Instead, John Fox is SOFT, and you get a soft coach, you get a soft team.

    3)Seattle was content on running the clock out at the end of the 1st half. 3rd and 5 with 30 seconds left, Denver has 2 timeouts, USE ONE OF THEM, to try to force Seattle to punt. But no, Fox takes 2 timeouts into the half while down by 22. Just absolutely stupid.

  • #2
    Not a single person was ready for that game. It's hard to go high enough on the chain of command there to find someone that should lay the wood to everyone below them.

    Something has to change though somewhere. This was worst-case scenario for this team to be honest, worse than if we had lost to Baltimore again this year like last year.

    I hate saying this about my beloved Broncos, but they had no business on that field yesterday. And we will get an entire off-season hearing about it.

    Comment


    • #3
      If we can single out a player or two then its player execution. But it was a collective failure of execution and you get that when you get blown out. And when you get blown out the coach is at fault.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by SVine View Post
        Obviously, we can point to the lack of preparation and poor gameplan, but as someone who totally despises Fox, I admit that Fox supporters can always rely on the argument that its the players that stunk and Fox isn't the one who snapped the ball over Peyton's head, etc, etc, etc.

        However, I can point to some game decisions and his demeanor that made him stunk. 3 in the 1st half alone:

        1)Fox prematurely throwing the red flag to challenge a swing pass that looked like it may have been a lateral. I was frustrated with how Seattle had lined up so quickly that the tv production didn't have time to show a replay. But DON'T throw a red flag. Instead, CALL A TIMEOUT, to stop the action, which then gives the tv production a chance to show a replay. Then they would have clearly seen it was a forward pass, and they lose a timeout because they willingly use it, instead of losing a challenge and a timeout for using a challenge. Fox doesn't have a brain the to think like this though.

        2)Late in the 1st half, Manning pass over the deep middle to Julius Thomas that was OBVIOUSLY pass interference. The Seattle defender was coming across the opposite way and RAN INTO Thomas! This was about as blatant PI as I had ever seen one. What does Fox do? NOTHING. A coach with real fire would be screaming in the officials faces demanding an explanation for their incompetence. This would also fire up the players if they know they have a coach who is willing to let out some fire of his own. Instead, John Fox is SOFT, and you get a soft coach, you get a soft team.

        3)Seattle was content on running the clock out at the end of the 1st half. 3rd and 5 with 30 seconds left, Denver has 2 timeouts, USE ONE OF THEM, to try to force Seattle to punt. But no, Fox takes 2 timeouts into the half while down by 22. Just absolutely stupid.
        All true, but FOX doesn't play on the offensive line which got manhandled last night. Nothing could have remedied that last night.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Coldcity76 View Post
          If we can single out a player or two then its player execution. But it was a collective failure of execution and you get that when you get blown out. And when you get blown out the coach is at fault.
          This

          Comment


          • #6
            Considering Fox finally went for it on a 4th and short in the red zone, after I've been yelling at him for years to do it, I have a hard time ragging on him. Unless he was the jackass who thought we should start in the game inside our own 15 in the shotgun.

            Comment


            • #7
              I blame being on a boat all week.

              All aboard the SS Titanic.
              This one really hurts.

              Comment


              • #8
                I just want someone to explain to me what the **** was going on with the second half kickoff. Was there some kind of plan?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by PRBronco View Post
                  Considering Fox finally went for it on a 4th and short in the red zone, after I've been yelling at him for years to do it, I have a hard time ragging on him. Unless he was the jackass who thought we should start in the game inside our own 15 in the shotgun.
                  I am not giving any coach any props for going for it on 4th when their team is being butt ****ed.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Coldcity76 View Post
                    If we can single out a player or two then its player execution. But it was a collective failure of execution and you get that when you get blown out. And when you get blown out the coach is at fault.
                    That nails it

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Fox team makes way too many mental mistakes.so..if he gets fired, i am fine.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        http://i.imgur.com/jdq3asn.gif

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by SVine View Post
                          1)Fox prematurely throwing the red flag to challenge a swing pass that looked like it may have been a lateral. I was frustrated with how Seattle had lined up so quickly that the tv production didn't have time to show a replay. But DON'T throw a red flag. Instead, CALL A TIMEOUT, to stop the action, which then gives the tv production a chance to show a replay. Then they would have clearly seen it was a forward pass, and they lose a timeout because they willingly use it, instead of losing a challenge and a timeout for using a challenge. Fox doesn't have a brain the to think like this though.
                          I guess that makes more sense. I thought he was trying to say that it was really a catch and a fumble. Everyone could see that it was incomplete. Anyway, Fox AND Carroll threw out early challenge flags for silly reasons...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by enjolras View Post
                            I just want someone to explain to me what the **** was going on with the second half kickoff. Was there some kind of plan?
                            Totally didn't understand this "move", either.

                            Why give Harvin a short field to work with? Why not let Prater kick the crap out of the ball? Or at least force Harvin to run 109 yards instead of 85 yards?

                            Face it: Fox isn't even a competent "game manager", let alone an aggressive coach with a killer instinct. He's an Old School grump who came to Denver on the heels of a 2-14 record. 2-14 records don't happen by accident.


                            Out

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by PRBronco View Post
                              Considering Fox finally went for it on a 4th and short in the red zone, after I've been yelling at him for years to do it, I have a hard time ragging on him. Unless he was the jackass who thought we should start in the game inside our own 15 in the shotgun.
                              They should have kicked 3 in that scenario.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X