Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does this loss rank in terms of pain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taco John View Post
    That loss was painful but greatly muted by my homerism and absolute belief that we would bounce back stronger than ever.

This one is different for me because frankly, we aren't going back next year. I don't remember a team ever being blown out like this and bouncing back. Does anyone else? It would be unprecedented to my memory. When a team loses like this on the big stage, they go for a long walk through the wilderness. I pray to God I'm wrong, but this loss is a huge missed opportunity.
    Buffalo, after losing 52-17, reached the SB the next year. Still lost, but they definitely came back.

Comment

Yep, 5th or 6th if that. Makes the top 10 for sure but I have been more pissed about losing to kFc or not making the playoffs than this one.

The last year of mCd was more painful than this.

**** happens

Comment

This absolutely ranks up there due to how horrible we looked. I mean, yes credit goes to Seattle for playing top notch, but the Broncos just played about as bad of a game as they could have. We had 2 turnovers in their territory, a bad snap, missing throws by Manning, poor special teams. You name it, we played bad.
        The plays were there to be made, we just fell short every time. The botched snap, easy 2 points out of the gate to Seattle, plus they get the ball.
        The interception, Peyton had Julius and just overthrows him badly. Going for it on 4th and 2 with a rather poor playcall.
        Missed tackles all over the place on defense and special teams. Demaryius' fumble just...I just had to laugh at that one.

And now, looking forward, you wonder how much this will sting. We have an incredibly difficult schedule next year plus having to make key decisions with players, the journey will be most difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Taco John View Post
          That loss was painful but greatly muted by my homerism and absolute belief that we would bounce back stronger than ever.

This one is different for me because frankly, we aren't going back next year. I don't remember a team ever being blown out like this and bouncing back. Does anyone else? It would be unprecedented to my memory. When a team loses like this on the big stage, they go for a long walk through the wilderness. I pray to God I'm wrong, but this loss is a huge missed opportunity.
          I agree. This wasn't a hard fought 24-21 SB loss. This was a top to bottom dismantling of the Bronco team by a bigger, stronger, faster, better-coached team. I can't ever recall an NFL playoff/SB game where the score was 8-0 and yet you could just feel the impending destruction coming. We're not a 1st round Mike draft pick and a couple of safeties away from beating that team. **** no. This is the type of loss that I don't think a team comes back from mentally. Hope we're both wrong, but I doubt we see this team making a run in the playoffs next year.

Comment

I'm drunk, so I'll just say this is the worst lost ever.

Comment

This is definitely a painful loss. It harkens back to the days of Elway and getting kicked around in SBs. This one sucks because the Broncos were never in it. And, it started with the very first play. I'm not talking about the friggen boneheaded safety. I'm talking about that dingle berry Holiday trying to bring the ball out when he was at the back of the endzone. He should have taken a knee.

bad special teams play
              bad offense
              turnovers
              a defense that could not get off the field on third down

I mean, total failure across the board.

Comment

It's last on the Super Bowl list. After we won 2 the pain was way less severe. Nothing equals the pain of the Super Bowl loss to the Redskins IMO. We were a better team, should of handled them easily. I was angry for weeks after that one.
                Last edited by Mile High Mojoe; 02-02-2014, 11:59 PM.

Comment

this sucks. The Broncos lose another SB in a huge blowout. this is NOT the type of legacy I want the Broncos to have. 2-5 is SBs, really?

I'd rather the Broncos NOT get to the SB than to keep losing them.

Comment

Compared to the death of my little brother? This barely registers. It's disappointing is all. Broncos will win another Superbowl before 18 hangs up his cleats.

Comment

It hurt a lot more in the 80s when I was a kid. Besides I'm a die hard Braves and Bronco fan. I'm pretty used to losing Super Bowls and World Series, lol.

Comment

The worst part about this loss is that we're a way better team then how we played. The other losses we probably deserved to lose save ravens. This game is so disappointing bc we were capable of beating this team

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
                          Without question it's the worst. We just got blown out by a team that is not really better than us (or even if they are, not by much).
                          Eugene Robinson, SB 32: "We're playing the Indianapolis Colts! We're playing the Indianapolis Colts right now! This team isn't better than us! They're not even good!"

http://milehighsports.com/2014/01/21...shermans-bait/

Comment

I think a lot of folks have lost perspective. Denver made it to the Super Bowl. For 2 weeks, everyone got to imagine how cool it would be to hoist another Lombardi and to re-live the glory days when Elway was still the QB.

Look: Super Bowls are all about momentum. Either you keep it or you lose it. Denver lost it on the first play. And from then on Manning looked completely lost. But this doesn't mean the team has to be blown up, either. You clowns are sound like a lot of Patriots fans after New England's last SB loss.

Denver is fine on offense. But it does need help on defense, starting w/ the secondary.

I also SERIOUSLY question whether Fox and Del Rio are the best coaches for the Broncos. Their records prior to Manning were just average.

Comment

I change my mind. This one is the worst. Were the ****ing laughing stock right now. All the **** they accomplished since August means ****. This one is the worse and I'm telling you it's going to sink in tomorrow. I avoided all tv after the game but just hit u reddit and it's brutal. **** me. We scored 8

Comment

This is really hard. I haven't felt this bad since I was a kid in the 80's. I need time away from football. I invest too much into it. I make the Broncos too much apart of my own identity. That's really stupid for something I have zero control over.
                                Everyone have a nice winter/spring/summer. I'm taking my kids to Disneyland in a few weeks and my wife to Cabos in May. Should be a great couple of months ahead.

Comment

Working...
                                X