Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does this loss rank in terms of pain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jaguars '96 and there is no close 2nd. At this point in Elway's career, he was aging, and his window for winning a Super Bowl was shrinking. Denver and Mike Shannon had constructed a great team, and Denver was the #1 seed looking for a serious Super Bowl run. It had been 7 years since Denver been to a Super Bowl, in my young life, that seemed like an eternity. Denver's didn't play real well against Jacksonville, but they kept fighting. Denver was trailing by 2 scores much of the 2nd half. Denver scored a touchown to cut a 23-12 lead to 23-20. Denver had trouble getting 3rd down stops the entire game, and finally, they got a 3rd down stop and Denver was down only 3 with momentum on their side. Them Micheal F***ing Dean F***ing Perry. Was lugging his FAT ASS off the field too slowly and Denver was flagged for 12 men on the field while on a 4th and short Jacksonville punt, while Perry still was still two steps away from the bench. That motherf***ing lazy fat ass.

Winning the Super Bowl the very next season lessened the disappointment a little, but after some years of reflection I think that if Denver could have escaped Jacksonville, that might have been Denver's first Super Bowl of a 3peat.

On another note, I commonly see people say if given a choice between a blowout Super Bowl loss, and not making a Super Bowl at all, many people would choose not making the Super Bowl. I find such thought to be ridiculous. If you don't make a Super Bowl, how the hell could you ever know that you would get blown out if you did? Also, by making the Super Bowl, you are playing in a game that 30 other NFL teams wished they were playing in. Having said that, people's jobs need to be evaluated after such a performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
      Without question it's the worst. We just got blown out by a team that is not really better than us (or even if they are, not by much). The 55-10 loss to the 49ers was to one of the greatest teams in league history. It probably should've been more competitive, but we had virtually no chance of winning that game short of them imploding.

People, we had the highest scoring offense ever and only managed 8 points! Anyone who doesn't see how catastrophic this loss is has to be on some serious drugs or have brain damage.
      This loss is going to look a lot worse if Wilson doesn't go on to become a hall of famer. If he turns into a kosar , esiason type then we'll feel worse and worse as time goes by

Comment

The only superbowl favorites to get blown out are the broncos I think? This year and the year they played the skins. I can't think of another case. I am so suprise the seahags had the momentum for the entire freakin game the broncos sucked for a full 60 minutes. Unbelievable, I think even in the other SB loses the broncos had the momentum during a least parts of the game.

Comment

We sucked so bad, from the first play on, had no chance and deserved nothing so it's more funny to me.

Also I'm in shock a team this crappy got this far, I think it was all smoke and mirrors and it finally became time to pay the piper.

Much easier to take than a close loss.

Comment

Originally posted by uplink View Post
            The only superbowl favorites to get blown out are the broncos I think? This year and the year they played the skins. I can't think of another case. I am so suprise the seahags had the momentum for the entire freakin game the broncos sucked for a full 60 minutes. Unbelievable, I think even in the other SB loses the broncos had the momentum during a least parts of the game.
            12th man. It's a god damn conspiracy.

Comment

96 Jacksonville was the worst. This is a close second. This hurts because it's plainly obvious that Manning and Champ are never going to see a Broncos championship.

Comment

Originally posted by ATL-Eric View Post
                12th man. It's a god damn conspiracy.
                Just looking at the crowd shots, it was about 10:1 Seahawks fans. Obviously there was a noise advantage in their favor.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
                  This hurts because it's plainly obvious that Manning and Champ are never going to see a Broncos championship.

Ouch. Didn't even think about this clearly.

Comment

For me:

1. Redskins loss
                    2. Giants loss
                    3. This one.
                    4. San Francisco
                    5. Jaguars
                    6. Ravens

Comment

One thing: I looked at stats of the game. I glanced at an article on SI.

Last year, I couldn't stand to listen about sports. I didn't ready any NFL news until this season started.

Comment

Top 4 at least. But at least I saw this team win a superbowl in my liftime. I will rest peacefully when I die.

Comment

This one up there. The other super bowl losses I was to young for trash talk. Now Im going to have to try and defend that embarrassing performance to Charger fans . Shouldn't be to hard with their past. Just sad seeing our team destroyed in front of the world, at least show some fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Taco John View Post
                            For me:

1. Redskins loss
                            2. Giants loss
                            3. This one.
                            4. San Francisco
                            5. Jaguars
                            6. Ravens
                            I'd need more time to know for sure, but this is pretty similar for me... though the Jags would absolutely be higher.

Comment

Originally posted by Popps View Post
                              I'd need more time to know for sure, but this is pretty similar for me... though the Jags would absolutely be higher.
                              That loss was painful but greatly muted by my homerism and absolute belief that we would bounce back stronger than ever.

This one is different for me because frankly, we aren't going back next year. I don't remember a team ever being blown out like this and bouncing back. Does anyone else? It would be unprecedented to my memory. When a team loses like this on the big stage, they go for a long walk through the wilderness. I pray to God I'm wrong, but this loss is a huge missed opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Taco John View Post
                                That loss was painful but greatly muted by my homerism and absolute belief that we would bounce back stronger than ever.

This one is different for me because frankly, we aren't going back next year. I don't remember a team ever being blown out like this and bouncing back. Does anyone else? It would be unprecedented to my memory. When a team loses like this on the big stage, they go for a long walk through the wilderness. I pray to God I'm wrong, but this loss is a huge missed opportunity.
                                I cant disagree. Granted asking a few hours after it happened is hard to answer, but i feel like this one broke me. Plus, getting back to the super bowls are hard.

now, im not suggesting we'll ever get back there, but remember sharpe said the jags loss would "set the broncos back 50 years" or something and then we won two super bowls. So, as far as hopelessness is concerned, they were probably all the same, this one is just freshest.

Comment

Working...
                                X