Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does this loss rank in terms of pain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It barely cracks the top 5 for me.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisp View Post
      Sorry but this one hurts bad for me - I thought the days of the old school beatdowns were long gone, how wrong I was! Yes, I'd rather go through this than lose to the pats in the previous game, but compared to the previous losses, at least we went in as major underdogs in those games. This is a game where we should have been at least competitive. Games like this used to be the order of the day 15 years ago, but there hasn't been a Super Bowl this lopsided since the raiders lost to the bucs!!! We're better than this and it hurts. Interesting to see how we recover from this one, I have no answers right now.
      Yep, all this. We were expected to do better in this one - combined with the fact that, after 15 years, reliving the glory day memories doesn't cut it for me anymore. Those memories are worn out, I thought it was time for some new memories. It's top 2 for me with the San Fran Super bowl - both EPIC embarrassments.

Comment

Originally posted by go_broncos View Post
        last year playoff loss was worse compared to this one..I am glad this was a blowout and not like the loss we had last year.
        I disagree - at least with a close loss you know you'll have a chance next time - this leaves us asking questions all over the field, and amongst the coaching staff too.

The only positive I can see is that even after the game I can't explain the magnitude of the loss - it's not like we were underdogs. That gives me some hope that if we can somehow get back here next year then maybe it was just a bad day at the office and it will be different next time. So maybe that means it's just number 3 - not as bad as the redskins or the 49ers losses as afterwards we still have hope, but this will be hard to come back from. We need to take this on board, think about it carefully and make some changes. Maybe big changes, maybe small ones, but something was missin today and I don't know what

Comment

I think this the worst loss in franchise history. Even the Giants and Redskins Superbowls were competitive for a half and quarter respectively.

55-10 loss was a knife to a gun-fight situation. That Niners team was one of the top 5 NFL teams of all time (Rice, Taylor, Craig, Montana, Lott, Rathman etc.)

This game was suppose to be an epic battle pitting the media-proclaimed greatest offense of all time against a physical Seattle defense. We literally were never in the game from the first play. From the first to last minute it was a complete ass-raping and that's with the modern NFL rules favoring the offense.

Just complete top to bottom failure. From special teams, to coaching, to Peyton, to o-line play, just completely awful.

Comment

Pass the cyanide. :-(

Comment

All three 80s Super Bowls were worse for me.

I'm mad but I just don't feel the sadness I did back then. Age brings a certain maturity I guess. And I'm sober.

But I do hope every member of that team feels a great deal of humiliation.

Comment

Originally posted by Blart View Post
                For me, I don't think it cracks my top 5. We made it to the big game. We got to watch our team *every week*. We were never eliminated, and even better, we're not the chiefs, raiders or bengals.

It wasn't close. It wasn't a heartbreaker. We're not all complaining about a specific play or call that would have won it.

Jaguars '96. Ravens '13. Bills '92. Those were painful losses, this wasn't.
                I agree. The 55-10 mauling by SF was 17 orders of magnitude worse. Then the loss to the Redskins after being up 10-zip to start the game - that hurt bad, too.

Next up for me was the loss to the Jags and then the loss to Ravens last year.

Comment

Right now this is the worst. With time and perspective I might be able to rank it better.

Comment

This one and the 55-10 loss are the worst for me. This one is so fresh. It's going to suck for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisp View Post
                      Sorry but this one hurts bad for me - I thought the days of the old school beatdowns were long gone, how wrong I was! Yes, I'd rather go through this than lose to the pats in the previous game, but compared to the previous losses, at least we went in as major underdogs in those games. This is a game where we should have been at least competitive. Games like this used to be the order of the day 15 years ago, but there hasn't been a Super Bowl this lopsided since the raiders lost to the bucs!!! We're better than this and it hurts. Interesting to see how we recover from this one, I have no answers right now.
                      True. We were ****ing favored to win!

Comment

Originally posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
                        I agree. The 55-10 mauling by SF was 17 orders of magnitude worse. Then the loss to the Redskins after being up 10-zip to start the game - that hurt bad, too.

Next up for me was the loss to the Jags and then the loss to Ravens last year.
                        **** you. This was probably your favorite loss. Asshole .

Comment

Originally posted by razorwire77 View Post
                          I think this the worst loss in franchise history. Even the Giants and Redskins Superbowls were competitive for a half and quarter respectively.

55-10 loss was a knife to a gun-fight situation. That Niners team was one of the top 5 NFL teams of all time (Rice, Taylor, Craig, Montana, Lott, Rathman etc.)

This game was suppose to be an epic battle pitting the media-proclaimed greatest offense of all time against a physical Seattle defense. We literally were never in the game from the first play. From the first to last minute it was a complete ass-raping and that's with the modern NFL rules favoring the offense.

Just complete top to bottom failure. From special teams, to coaching, to Peyton, to o-line play, just completely awful.
                          Without question it's the worst. We just got blown out by a team that is not really better than us (or even if they are, not by much). The 55-10 loss to the 49ers was to one of the greatest teams in league history. It probably should've been more competitive, but we had virtually no chance of winning that game short of them imploding.

People, we had the highest scoring offense ever and only managed 8 points! Anyone who doesn't see how catastrophic this loss is has to be on some serious drugs or have brain damage.

Comment

The worst. I knew that Elway had dragged the rest of the team along in the '80's, but I thought we were legitimately better than Seattle.

Comment

Ranks pretty high for me... Top three easily.

Comment

They all blow, I'm not sure which ranks worse, but I can't remember the last time we were manhandled this bad? That raider game during the mcd years? And this was the Super Bowl. Man. This one hurts

Comment

Working...
                                X