Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does this loss rank in terms of pain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does this loss rank in terms of pain?

For me, I don't think it cracks my top 5. We made it to the big game. We got to watch our team *every week*. We were never eliminated, and even better, we're not the chiefs, raiders or bengals.

It wasn't close. It wasn't a heartbreaker. We're not all complaining about a specific play or call that would have won it.

Jaguars '96. Ravens '13. Bills '92. Those were painful losses, this wasn't.

This sounds like my vision of Fox's halftime speech.

Comment

hahaha

Comment

It's up there with the loss to the Redskins in the Super Bowl.

Comment

Interesting post. I would agree that the Pats win almost felt like our Super Bowl. For some reason I never got as up for this game as I thought I would. The Ravens game will live in infamy for me.

Comment

The 49ers game (55-10) was the worst for me -- that was the one where I could feel Elway start to give up hope, which was disturbing.

Comment

last year playoff loss was worse compared to this one..I am glad this was a blowout and not like the loss we had last year.

Comment

Originally posted by BowlenBall View Post
                The 49ers game (55-10) was the worst for me -- that was the one where I could feel Elway start to give up hope, which was disturbing.
                Yeah, at that point it was becoming obvious that the NFC had all the money, and our conference would never stand a chance.

Comment

this one to me is the worst. just the absolute lack of effort. i'm ashamed of that team tonight.

Comment

Jaguars, Ravens, Steelers losses hurt more. I'd put it at #4.

Comment

Sorry but this one hurts bad for me - I thought the days of the old school beatdowns were long gone, how wrong I was! Yes, I'd rather go through this than lose to the pats in the previous game, but compared to the previous losses, at least we went in as major underdogs in those games. This is a game where we should have been at least competitive. Games like this used to be the order of the day 15 years ago, but there hasn't been a Super Bowl this lopsided since the raiders lost to the bucs!!! We're better than this and it hurts. Interesting to see how we recover from this one, I have no answers right now.

Comment

It doesn't hurt much at all. Best season in 15 years. I was just happy to get back to the Super Bowl.

Comment

It's hard for me to compare, I was a kid during the 80's losses and took them way too hard. I learned not to let it get to me so much through the years, so there's no comparison as far as personal pain. I can compare it to last year, and I can't say this was better. That was more of a heart breaker but at least they represented themselves and the city better. Plus it quit leading us all on three weeks earlier.

Comment

This was by far the easiest of the now 5 SB games we lost. This is the 1st game where I did not get caught up in the BS hype. I hoped for a win, but never really bought into this team after the first half of the season. I saw that this team is not tough at all and the defense was not one that could make a difference like Seattle's did.

Comment

Not quite as bad as the losses to Jax in '96 or Bal in '13. The season wasn't a total wash.

Comment

Working...
                              X