Tear it all down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BroncoInferno View Post
    I guess as a fan I have a more realistic view than Agamemon. I'll take the last couple seasons over the previous 13 seasons of mediocrity. Believe it or not, you aren't going to win a SB very often. If your standard as a fan is that the year was a waste if you don't win it all, then you'll get little pleasure out of fandom. Of course you want the organization to have that standard, but we aren't the organization. I will take the last two seasons over the prior 13 any day. And we'll have a great shot next year too, your weak kneed p***Y attitude notwithstanding.
    Spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoInferno View Post
      I guess as a fan I have a more realistic view than Agamemon. I'll take the last couple seasons over the previous 13 seasons of mediocrity. Believe it or not, you aren't going to win a SB very often. If your standard as a fan is that the year was a waste if you don't win it all, then you'll get little pleasure out of fandom. Of course you want the organization to have that standard, but we aren't the organization. I will take the last two seasons over the prior 13 any day. And we'll have a great shot next year too, your weak kneed p***Y attitude notwithstanding.
      No we won't. That's the point. I really do not understand how so many can not see what is staring them right in the face.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
        No we won't. That's the point. I really do not understand how so many can not see what is staring them right in the face.
        What?

Comment

A **** tough schedule next year.

Comment

Did someone mention the R word?

Comment

Originally posted by spiralism View Post
              I'm sorry, am i missing something here? Isn't that why we follow a team in the first place?
              BI is right.

If, according to you, the season is a waste if you don't win the Superbowl......then you shouldn't watch ANY games during the season, wait to have someone tell you if we made it to the playoff and advanced......and ONLY watch the Superbowl if we make it there.

Most people follow a team because the find entertainment/joy watching their team week in and week out.....playing, winning, etc.

If you're only interested in the Broncos if they win a Superbowl......then yeah, the regular season is a waste for you.

Comment

I'd suggest a cool down period for some posters. Focus on other things. Knit. Basket weave. Find your chi. Then come back and post when you are calmer. It was a bad night. Having a stroke over it helps no one.

Just a game, folks. Take a breath.

Comment

Originally posted by 55CrushEm View Post
                  I love it. You're just like the New England media. When the Pats lose, it's NEVER Brady's fault.....but,

When one of Manning's teams lose.....it's always ALL Manning's fault. All 22 starters, except for DT....played like total horse crap.

But, yeah.....let's again pin it all on Manning.
                  Manning played like **** in the biggest game of his career, as did the rest of the team. Remember how I said A LOT of people need to go? Pay attention.

Comment

So you would do what?

I would identify the area the team is weak, and try to make it stronger.....we all agree we need a better MLB, and better safeties..but we mostly need our defensive playmakers like Miller, and Harris and offensive stalwarts like Clady to get healthy. Injuries aren't an excuse, but I truly believe had those 3 players been on the field today, this game wouldn't have been the blowout we witnessed.

Try to do the same thing next season and blindly hope it will turn out different?

It's a strategy that has produced 26-6 regular season record and a SB appearance....so it's not blind hope.

Also I didn't say I want to get rid of everyone.

No, you just wanted to get rid of the ones who got us this far.....

I want to get rid of the players and coaches that fundamentally prevent this team from being great.

And Manning is one of them? I'm not saying you're stupid, but wouldn't you have to be?

I also want to move on from the Manning experiment because it just doesn't work in the playoffs.

You put up a better fight to continue the Tebow experiment, but want to get rid of Manning? The Broncos were in the SB tonight which tells me it does work in the playoffs.

Regular season stats are empty when you lose like they just did in the Super Bowl.

So is your ****ing head.....
                    In bold

Comment

What? That we waltzed through the AFC this year, made it to the Superbowl for the 1st time in 15 friggin years.....and the NFC had the better team?

"Ahhhhhh!! End of the world!! Fire EVERYONE!!!"

Comment

It's funny how quick people are to bash someone venting in here. How quick people are to call out others for "whining" about trolls.

A lot of paddy cake policing going on. Let the guy vent. Some haven't experienced Super Bowl blow outs like the rest of us.

Comment

Manning played like **** in the biggest game of his career, as did the rest of the team. Remember how I said A LOT of people need to go? Pay attention.
                          You're right....people need to go. I suggest you go. there are 31 other teams out there....hell you can become a Seahawks fan tonight and join in the with the other reveling in their victory tonight.

Comment

BI is right.

If, according to you, the season is a waste if you don't win the Superbowl......then you shouldn't watch ANY games during the season, wait to have someone tell you if we made it to the playoff and advanced......and ONLY watch the Superbowl if we make it there.

Most people follow a team because the find entertainment/joy watching their team week in and week out.....playing, winning, etc.

If you're only interested in the Broncos if they win a Superbowl......then yeah, the regular season is a waste for you.
                            Every season is different and has different expectations. When we had Tebow one playoff win was amazing. On the other hand, when you break the all-time scoring record and not only fail to win the Super Bowl but only manage 8 points? Yeah that's not only a waste, that's failure that will live on for decades. Wake the **** up.

Comment

Wow. A teblower who comes out of the closet when we make it to the Superbowl, but don't win? I'll be darned.

Comment

BI is right.

Circumstances dictates it imo. I was a lot less annoyed after the pats embarrassed us in Foxboro with Tebow in the playoffs because it was a great year and nobody expected anything. We went all in on the Manning gamble and got made idiots of ultimately. Superbowl or bust became bust, that's why it as a waste.

Comment

Working...
                                X