Tear it all down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
    Yup, without Manning this is/was an 8-8 team.
    Then let it be an 8-8 team while we acquire the players to win. Manning in the system he runs will never win another SB. Never.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
      Oh and **** you TonyR. You are human garbage.
      Do you now believe those advanced metrics which suggested that Seattle was pretty good?

Comment

Originally posted by broncosteven View Post
        Looks like my ignore profile is going to get a lot bigger over the next couple weeks.

OP is insane and overreactionary.

What you do is get better over the offseason and work to fix the issues that caused the embarrassment. You don't cut a QB who can score 60 TD's in one season.

Wipe your tears and relax, it is not the 1st time a great QB has been embarrassed in a SB.
        So do you honestly think this coaching staff is Super Bowl worthy? Seriously?

Do you honestly want a team full of players that just didn't show up for the Super Bowl? Seriously?

What I'm taking from this thread:

A lot of Bronco fans were just happy to get to the Super Bowl. A lot of Bronco fans are okay with massive, systemic failure as long as it looks good in the regular season. A lot of Bronco fans are okay with their team being losers.

To each their own.

Comment

Is this okay with you? As a Bronco fan are you okay with your team just not showing up for the Super Bowl? Well good for you. Maybe you should be the Browns fan you loser.
          **** you, dude. Of course I'm not "ok" with losing. But unlike you, I guess I can put it in perspective. Did tonight change your life somehow? If it did.....perhaps you need to get one.

I'm just as passionate a fan as anyone. But it IS just a game. I can't allow a loss to consume me like it has for so many years. It's too exhausting.

We didn't learn anything new tonight. DEFENSE still wins championships. Didn't the 2007 Pats teach us that? Did I expect a blowout? No. But I'm not about to slit my wrists over it either.

Comment

Originally posted by HELLHAMMER View Post
            Then let it be an 8-8 team while we acquire the players to win. Manning in the system he runs will never win a SB. Never.
            I understand the frustration. Manning didn't play well. But the pressure on him was the issue. The guy was trying to make throws with defenders bearing down on him and hitting him. That doesn't totally excuse his performance, but it is the main reason he and our O didn't look good.

Comment

Manning might give us a better shot at winning a title next year, but maybe it's time to find out if Brock is the man that can eventually become the qb that we all hope him to be, I and perhaps we should start finding out really soon.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                Do you now believe those advanced metrics which suggested that Seattle was pretty good?
                You're a ****ing moron if you think this game was about how good the Seahawks are. Yes they played great. That was to be expected. But that team couldn't blow out New Orleans at home. This is all about the Broncos. It has nothing to do with the Seahawks. Could they have beat us with the way they played even if we had shown up? Yes. And there wouldn't have been any shame in that. This is something different, something deeply systemic, and if we don't make extreme changes this franchise is going to be hopeless for the foreseeable future.

Actually my greatest fear right now is that it happens all over again next year. I'm amazed at how you people seem to be okay with what just happened. It's unreal.

Comment

Anyone who wants Manning to retire is a complete idiot. Any Bronco fan, that is. I can see why the rest of the league would want it.

Comment

Meh. I don't think they could've played a worse game but they have plenty going for them. It wasn't their Superbowl by a longshot. I hope they can hold together and give it another run next season.

Comment

This team has plenty of pieces in place personnel wise. Clady, Miller, Harris, Wolfe need to get healthy, Champ needs to be upgraded, as does safety.

I'm not a huge fan of Fox but could deal with him coming back if a more aggressive gameplan is worked into the mix

Comment

Originally posted by 55CrushEm View Post
                        **** you, dude. Of course I'm not "ok" with losing. But unlike you, I guess I can put it in perspective. Did tonight change your life somehow? If it did.....perhaps you need to get one.

I'm just as passionate a fan as anyone. But it IS just a game. I can't allow a loss to consume me like it has for so many years. It's too exhausting.

We didn't learn anything new tonight. DEFENSE still wins championships. Didn't the 2007 Pats teach us that? Did I expect a blowout? No. But I'm not about to slit my wrists over it either.
                        You seem to be okay with losing. You seem to be quite comfortable with it actually, seeing as you want this coaching staff and all these players to stick around rather than blowing it all up and trying to build something with some real substance and a solid foundation.

Comment

You're a ****ing moron if you think this game was about how good the Seahawks are. Yes they played great. That was to be expected. But that team couldn't blow out New Orleans at home. This is all about the Broncos. It has nothing to do with the Seahawks. Could they have beat us with the way they played even if we had shown up? Yes. And there wouldn't have been any shame in that. This is something different, something deeply systemic, and if we don't make extreme changes this franchise is going to be hopeless for the foreseeable future.

Actually my greatest fear right now is that it happens all over again next year. I'm amazed at how you people seem to be okay with what just happened. It's unreal.
                          Turnovers. It's the same old story. 4 ****ING turnovers (I say 5 b/c I count the safety as a turnover).....plus a special teams TD.

That alone killed us.

4 turnovers and a ST td doesn't mean you blow up the entire roster.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom H. View Post
                            Meh. I don't think they could've played a worse game but they have plenty going for them. It wasn't their Superbowl by a longshot. I hope they can hold together and give it another run next season.
                            Haha it took an epic loss for TonyR to get positive. Craziness indeed

Comment

Originally posted by SVine View Post
                              Manning might give us a better shot at winning a title next year, but maybe it's time to find out if Brock is the man that can eventually become the qb that we all hope him to be, I and perhaps we should start finding out really soon.
                              Brock ****ing sucks. We're not going to kick Peyton to the curb just so we can see that over 16 games.

Comment

This was just an epic chokejob. In all fairness. Nobody could say that we're 43-8 worse off than that team on the basis of this season but we churned out by far the worst team performance since the Tebow season in the Super Bowl

Comment

Working...
                                X