Champ Bailey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jetmeck View Post
    **** you idiots, that whole defense was chit today against a pathetic one trick pony offense.

To put this on Bailey is moronic but its what I have to come to expect from you numb nuts............
    **** you right back. I don't think anyone is blaming Champ alone. It is just apparently clear to anyone not stuck in 2006 that he is taking WAY too much of our cap that we MUST use to find more talent on DEF. We can sign 3 guys with that salary. Remember, we have to sign Harris, DRC, DT and sadly say goodbye most likely to Moreno and Decker.

This is a Baltimore type situation like last year. We must get some bad ass safeties as well. That takes $$$.

Comment

Originally posted by ATL-Eric View Post
      How many 36 yr old DBS do you see in this league? We need to get younger and stronger. If we learned anything from today it's that this team needs to get meaner. Champ has about 80m in the bank...
      I definitely thinks he needs a pay cut...but he's definitely still servicable. You're throwing out such a generality with that stat. Bailey was one of the most athletic athletes to come out of college in the past 50 years.

He's still able to play the game...I liked him at Nickel and as long as you can get him on the field to defend their 2nd or 3rd receivers, it's a great match up for the Broncos.

Comment

no pass rush means no success. Champ, Patrick Peterson, etc can only do so much.

Comment

If he is willing to get paid comensurate with his skills, I am OK with Champ at Nickel or Safety (which i dont understand why he seems opposed to)

Comment

Originally posted by Action View Post
            Champ just said he's returning next year.
            Well, not at his current salary. At best he's now a nickel. DRC and Harris should be priorities. Champs salary goes to them. Not sure where he fits in
            anymore with this team. And next year he'll be another step slower. If he wants to come back and try to earn a spot ok. But if his salary hit takes effect before end of camp he is likely gone.

There are way too many FAs we need to keep that aren't 36.

Comment

I don't think anyone is blaming the loss on Champ. But he is done as a CB and being the 2nd or 3rd highest paid player on the team. I would be ok if he took on the role as a 3rd or 4th CB but with that a drastic pay cut. DRC and Harris are the outside CBs now and need to get paid like it.

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Yeah, I was a bit drunk when I posted this. Sorry for attacking you Jetmeck. I hope Champ comes back, maybe it'll turn out differently next year.

Comment

Just a matter of where. Hopefully in Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by stoxman View Post
                      **** you right back. I don't think anyone is blaming Champ alone. It is just apparently clear to anyone not stuck in 2006 that he is taking WAY too much of our cap that we MUST use to find more talent on DEF. We can sign 3 guys with that salary. Remember, we have to sign Harris, DRC, DT and sadly say goodbye most likely to Moreno and Decker.

This is a Baltimore type situation like last year. We must get some bad ass safeties as well. That takes $$$.
                      Rep this all day. If Manning truly wants to win he will restructure his deal so we have some flexibility.

Comment

Champ just needs to retire.

Comment

If he wants to come back on the cheap, cheap sure. But he has nothing to be ashamed about. Great career. Didn't work out. So be it.

Comment

And people sure wanted to take their shots at me personally because I said he was done. I owned up and at my crow ... where all you haters now. Its hot and readt

Comment

I don't care. This team needs more than weather or not Champ comes back.

Comment

Originally posted by Houshyamama View Post
                                Needs to play for the vet minimum or he needs to find another team. The man is done.
                                yep, he got burned, again.

Comment

Working...
                                X