X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seahawk Fan's Letter to Coach Fox

Seahawk Fan's Letter to Coach Fox

Dear Coach Fox,

Let me start by saying I’m a Seahawks fan but don’t let that stop you from reading further. I live 20 miles north of Seattle, I have a Russell Wilson jersey, I follow all their news and games and I even put up green and blue Christmas lights this year. But…I’m a Colorado native and I was raised by my dad to be a Denver Broncos fan. I still am.

My love of watching the Denver Broncos and NFL football comes from my dad. While growing up, every Sunday and Monday night during the season was reserved for football. Way before 24-hour sports channels that we have now, it seemed like football was on our TV all week. Dad loved to tell the story about how my brother Jon (9 years old at the time) cried when the Broncos lost to the Cowboys in the 1977 Superbowl.

My Dad called me on Sunday, Jan 5th, during the Bronco’s (and Seahawk’s) bye-week. We talked about the games that were played that day and he asked who I would be rooting for if it came down to Denver and Seattle in the Superbowl. I said "Seattle, of course!" to which he laughed and said that, if that happened, we would have to do something special.
    Then he said "I LOVE the NFL playoffs! I love watching Every. Single. Game!" I agreed but we both knew he meant it way more.

The next night I got a call no one wants to get. It was my Mom, crying and telling me that my dad had passed away that evening from a massive heart attack. He had been closing up the garage for the night and when he didn’t come in, she went out to check on him. She found him on the floor, already gone. You can imagine how devastated I am. The full weight of it still hasn't sunk in.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/1...r-to-coach-fox

Yup, made me tear up.

Comment

Wow. I actually got misty eyed reading that.

Thanks for posting.

Comment

At first I thought this was going to be a story about Armpit Seahawk. Glad I read the whole thing.

Comment

wow, can't say I didn't get a litle choked up

Comment

ok, seeing the Moreno gif made me think this was a joke. after reading the article... i feel like i was Moreno'd. good post, good article.

this is the only reason i would be a fan of another team. to armchair bronco, she is a true fan. why don't you re-read the article, think about it, think about it some more, then repent.

Comment

Originally posted by SleepingTiger View Post
              ok, seeing the Moreno gif made me think this was a joke. after reading the article... i feel like i was Moreno'd. good post, good article.

this is the only reason i would be a fan of another team. to armchair bronco, she is a true fan. why don't you re-read the article, think about it, think about it some more, then repent.
              Yeah, the Moreno gif wasn't poking fun, I got all choked up.

Comment

Touching...

Comment

Wow. I definitely got all misty and had a surreal understanding of KM's crocodile tears....

Comment

good stuff

Comment

T
                      R
                      A
                      P

Comment

Wow, that hits you right in the heart.

Comment

So glad no one was around to see me tear up.
                          Last edited by HILife; 01-31-2014, 12:28 PM.

Comment

This certainly hit home with me.

A couple of weeks ago, my dad got a 3rd stint put in his chest. This is on top of him having a triple bypass 20 years ago. He continues to have some chest pain, but the doctors say there is not much they can do.

We are long time Broncos fans. Dad has been since 1960 inception and me since I was born in the early 70's. In fact, during the first Super Bowl in 77, my mom painted our front door orange. Living overseas in the early 80's, Sunday was reserved for listening to the game on the short wave radio. I later went to boarding school back in the States and only ever saw the 77 Super Bowl with my dad. The others we were separated by a lot of distance.

Anyway, I am watching this one with my dad. All my buddies, knowing I am die hard fan, want to watch it with me, but they will get their turn eventually. Not sure if I have this chance again, but it sure would be nice to have a blow-out so it is a bit easier on his ticker.

Comment

Little dusty in here......

Comment

Working...
                              X