X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Types of Bronco fans

Good find over at MHR.

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword...top_twelve.php

For a small market located in a flyover state, Denver and its football fans have made a big name for themselves since the Denver Broncos team was born in 1960. From the fans who stormed the field on New Year's Day in 1978 to tear down the goal posts after the team went to its first Super Bowl, to those who have sold out the stadium 43 years in a row, to the ones who are making the long, cold, expensive trek to New York next week for Denver's seventh appearance in the big game, Bronco maniacs rival fans in any state.
    And as the team heads toward its February 2 date with the Seattle Seahawks, football fanatics are coming out of the woodwork. You'll see them all -- from those who honestly bleed orange and blue to those who are just pretending. Here's our rundown (illustrated by Noah Van Sciver) of the twelve most common types of Broncos fans.

Originally posted by JCMElway View Post
    Good find over at MHR.

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword...top_twelve.php

For a small market located in a flyover state, Denver and its football fans have made a big name for themselves since the Denver Broncos team was born in 1960. From the fans who stormed the field on New Year's Day in 1978 to tear down the goal posts after the team went to its first Super Bowl, to those who have sold out the stadium 43 years in a row, to the ones who are making the long, cold, expensive trek to New York next week for Denver's seventh appearance in the big game, Bronco maniacs rival fans in any state.
    And as the team heads toward its February 2 date with the Seattle Seahawks, football fanatics are coming out of the woodwork. You'll see them all -- from those who honestly bleed orange and blue to those who are just pretending. Here's our rundown (illustrated by Noah Van Sciver) of the twelve most common types of Broncos fans.

How come you aren't a mod anymore?

Did you get fired?

Comment

Um, I am a mod. I just fly beneath the radar.

Comment

Lol. That's hilarious. Archer and I became Mods at the same time.....2 years ago? Something like that.

Apparently I fly beneath the radar very well!

Comment

I am sorry, but that was awful JCM.....

They left out the WINE and CHEESE fan, the Corporate SEAT's guy, the TAILGATE NUT- who never even goes inside the stadium, and of Course the KNOW-IT-ALL. The MILFY MOM I have never honestly seen that and I would be paying attention there!

Comment

Agreed Med. You'll have to write that guy and tell him.

Comment

Um, I am a mod. I just fly beneath the radar.
              Oh they don't have you listed I figured you were busted with drugs or an underage girl or something.

Cool, don't bust me I haven't done anything wrong for years!!

Comment

Sounds like a cross-section of the Mane.

Comment

Very nice write up and summary of the types of Bronco fans. Of course many of us might be Voltron Bronco fans - a bit of this type and a bit of that type. You know, some of us might be Ken Stabler hating, old school get off my lawn types who appreciated the heart that Tebow/Cutler/Plummer brought, who have their Terrell Davis and Elway jerseys but never wear them, who were born in Denver but don't live there, listen to the local radio call from KOA, who like Von Miller and the newer Broncos and just like Manning himself - didn't feel like Manning was a Bronco until this year and who love the team regardless of their record unless the hated Josh McDaniels is the coach. But it's hard to write a fan type like that.

Comment

Huh. Don't know which category I'd fit into. But it is funny that they came out with a category specifically for Armchair.

Comment

Lol. That's hilarious. Archer and I became Mods at the same time.....2 years ago? Something like that.

Apparently I fly beneath the radar very well!

I dont. Some peacocks gotta fly man.

Comment

I honestly wonder what mCgruder is thinking about this game.

Didn't he try to pass himself off as a diehard Bronco fan but hasn't been seen since Tebow was let go by the Jets?

Comment

I am a half full kind of fan. I reflected about mid season and I was feeding on the negativity this site sometimes has. I am trying to do a 180.

I eat breath and sleep broncos football though

Comment

Originally posted by spdirty View Post
                            Huh. Don't know which category I'd fit into. But it is funny that they came out with a category specifically for Armchair.
                            Yep...and they also have one for half the posters in the gameday threads like Hamrob and the other usual suspects who do nothing but whine b!tch and moan about the team they allegedly love.

Comment

Disappointed that they didn't have a Shana-Fan.

Was waiting for that as I clicked between the pages.

Lol @ the Milfy Mom. They nailed the Pink Decker jersey part.

Comment

Working...
                              X