Derek Wolfe, Rahim Moore arrive for Super Bowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derek Wolfe, Rahim Moore arrive for Super Bowl

Here’s some encouraging health news. Derek Wolfe and Rahim Moore, starters on the Denver defense who experienced unusual medical setbacks that ended their season, were cleared to fly Thursday and have joined the Broncos here for the rest of Super Bowl week.

It’s the first time the players have flown on a team-related matter since their ailments. Moore has been out since undergoing emergency surgery Nov. 18 to repair a circulatory condition in his lower left leg called lateral compartment syndrome.

Wolfe has been out since suffering a seizure-like episode on Nov. 29 as the Broncos were busing to DIA and a road trip to Kansas City.

“Tell people I’m feeling better,” Wolfe said. “And I feel terrible I’m not playing.”

Both players are expected to back at full strength next season.

Moore and Wolfe joined the group of Bronco players on season-ending injured reserve who arrived here for the rest of Super Bowl week. The IR group also includes Von Miller, Ryan Clady, Kevin Vickerson and Chris Harris.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...er-bowl/26098/

Good news.

Comment

They weren't going to let Hillman have all the fun.

Comment

Thanks for posting, Gutless

Comment

It ain't a party until the Methwolfe arrives.

AWOOOOOOOO!

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
            It ain't a party until the Methwolfe arrives.

AWOOOOOOOO!
            Here's to the Methwolf setting the SeaCocks up with a little of this after the victory...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Shaved Cat.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	2351051

Comment

Great news, hope both can make it back healthy for next year. Will be a big year for Moore. He simply has to improve more. He's not bad but nothing special either. He needs to take it to another level or get replaced. Not sure what to say about Wolfe since we never really knew what was going on. What weight will he play at and all those things are still questions marks so hard for me to say if he's going to be a DE only or the combo player he was before were he was a DE in base but played DT in a sub package.

Comment

Thats weird I just heard Harris on local radio tuesday talking about how he is in Denver and wished he was there for team??

Comment

Good, means both should be ready for the next season.

Comment

Man, I feel bad for Wolfe. What a strange year he's had.

"And I feel terrible I'm not playing."

I wonder if we'll ever know the full story of what happened.

We feel bad, too, Derek. We could really use you!

Comment

Originally posted by bfoflcommish View Post
                      Thats weird I just heard Harris on local radio tuesday talking about how he is in Denver and wished he was there for team??
                      When they roll Derek up there in his wheelchair and Rahim hobbles on the sideline in his gimp boot -- they will know that they need to win.

Comment

I'd like to know what's really going on with Wolfe.

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                          When they roll Derek up there in his wheelchair and Rahim hobbles on the sideline in his gimp boot -- they will know that they need to win.
                          Still can't believe you said that Wolfe will only have a 3 year career. You should be forced to make your own batch of meth, and smoke it all in one sitting. Whatever happens, happens.

Comment

Has Rahim been put on IR yet or does he still have his designation to return. Seems like a foregone conclusion he won't play but I'm curious as to why it hasn't been formally announced yet. Did I just miss it?

Comment

Good for them.

Man this has been one strange season.

The team was gutted with injuries this season. Think of how deep we should be next year with all the players that had to step up and gained valuable experience.

Comment

Working...
                              X