Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moreno will not resign as a Bronco ?? ( Rumor )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sucks. He's done alot for this time, this season.

Comment

Rappaport is also the guy that had kyle Shanahan as the leader for the ravens OC job literally hours before they hired Kubiak.
      Translation-- Nobody knows **** right now and they have to fill air time until Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by stagger lee View Post
        Rappaport is also the guy that had kyle Shanahan as the leader for the ravens OC job literally hours before they hired Kubiak.
        Translation-- Nobody knows **** right now and they have to fill air time until Sunday.
        Exactly, I would not believe this one bit. This is media running out of ways to ask a question 400 times.

Comment

I don't see why we can't re-sign Decker and Moreno. We will save a ton of money on Champ whether he retires or takes a paycut. I also don't think we need to put as much money away for Von as we all thought we would. He will get a raise obviously, but it won't break the bank.

Comment

This doesn't surprise me at all, and it really shouldn't surprise anyone. The Broncos under Elway have proven that they're not going to overpay for a player when they feel they can find an adequate replacement elsewhere. The more that Ball has improved, the more likely this becomes. I'd love to have Moreno back, but not at the price that I think he'll get on the market.

The other player that I think will be in the same boat is Wesley Woodyard, thanks to Trevathan.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
              I'd put money on him ending up in New England
              I sure wouldn't bet on that.

Comment

this is the type of crap rumor the team does not need right now. I'm thinking this is pure BS...

Comment

Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post
                  Hearing on FB that he won't return as a Bronco. Bleacher Report.

Anybody hear this ??

Would love to see him and ball back next year.
                  Face book and Bleacher Report?

You forgot Light Rail too.

Comment

I dont think its the worst idea to let him walk. Obviously, I'd prefer to have him, but if he's gonna command 4/5 million a year, then I think we'll be fine without him.

Comment

it will be a mistake to let him go

Comment

Depends on how much he is asking for. As a runner Ball has looked as good or better late in the year. Blocking and screens, not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
                          I don't see why we can't re-sign Decker and Moreno. We will save a ton of money on Champ whether he retires or takes a paycut. I also don't think we need to put as much money away for Von as we all thought we would. He will get a raise obviously, but it won't break the bank.
                          Decker and Moreno aren't the only guys who will be in need of a new deal, and in terms of need, Moreno is not a top priority. While he has shown a new attitude and ability the last season and a half, he isn't so talented that if he decided to play elsewhere that he would be sorely missed. MJD is a free agent and more than likely will need to sign for a smaller deal. He would probably be willing to come in on a cheap single year deal to play in this offense with Peyton Manning. And that is just a guy off the top of my head. Hell CJ could live up to the hype and our depth issue is solved right there.

In the list of guys who are coming up for new deals, Decker, Woodyard, Harris, Bailey, Ayers, Moreno, Beadles, DRC, and Phillips Moreno is not near the top of the list.

Also, with Von it remains to be seen how much he gets. Guys who can get to the QB will always get overpaid. It will depend on how he comes back next season that will determine his next contract.

Add in that JT and DT will probably be looking for new deals and the team would be wise to look at setting those up now instead of after another monster season from both.

With premier players like DRC, JT, DT, Decker, Harris, Franklin and Von all needing new contracts in the near future, Woodyard, Ayers, Moreno and Beadles may wind up looking elsewhere for their money. And as much as I have liked the idea of trading Clark for a pick I am liking the idea of him taking Beadles job once Clady returns rather than overpaying for Beadles.

Comment

Originally posted by McDman View Post
                            Blocking and screens, not so much.
                            He's been much better late in the year, and I would assume he will continue to improve.

I think the issues with re-signing Moreno is that we need the money to secure other less replaceable players over the next few years, and he hasn't been able to stay healthy throughout his career other than this year. I also think he's going to be overpaid by a clueless front office somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
                              He's been much better late in the year, and I would assume he will continue to improve.

I think the issues with re-signing Moreno is that we need the money to secure other less replaceable players over the next few years, and he hasn't been able to stay healthy throughout his career other than this year. I also think he's going to be overpaid by a clueless front office somewhere.
                              This. I love Knowshon. He's everything I like in a football player (cept for when he runs full speed into the asses of our linemen.) Love his attitude, love his versatility. Love his leadership. But he's more of a replaceable part than some of our others guys.

Comment

Manning restructures to keep Moreno.. he loves that kid

Comment

Working...
                                X