Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moreno will not resign as a Bronco ?? ( Rumor )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moreno may not be a take it to the house guy but he does EVERYTHING else
    very dam well. He will get another job easily if we do not resign him.

He is well spoken, stays out of trouble and does it all and has upped his monetary valiue over the last two seasons. He will do well elsewhere if necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
      Yeah, the guy with a backup they drafted in the 2nd round last April to replace him, and that backup got better as the season wore on.

Denver's going to have to make some hard decisions over the next two offseasons on who they keep and who they have to let go because they need to spend cap dollars elsewhere. Moreno is at the top of that list since Ball is signed cheap for 3 more seasons and the following guys also need new deals over the next year or two: Decker, Von, DT, Julius, Franklin, Chris Harris, Vickerson, Knighton, Woodyard and Trevathon.

It's not an insult to the guy, he was great this season, it's the reality of salary cap league.
      Yep. Every team is in the same boat. And it's not like RB is the marquee position it once was. Knowshon should also include in his calculations the benefits of being on a playoff caliber team.

Comment

Is anyone shocked? I love what he's doing, but no way we pay him the money he might get on the market.

We have all seen Montee Ball run, it's so pure. With some experience under his belt, he'll become the RB for this team.

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
          Yeah, the guy with a backup they drafted in the 2nd round last April to replace him, and that backup got better as the season wore on.

Denver's going to have to make some hard decisions over the next two offseasons on who they keep and who they have to let go because they need to spend cap dollars elsewhere. Moreno is at the top of that list since Ball is signed cheap for 3 more seasons and the following guys also need new deals over the next year or two: Decker, Von, DT, Julius, Franklin, Chris Harris, Vickerson, Knighton, Woodyard and Trevathon.

It's not an insult to the guy, he was great this season, it's the reality of salary cap league.
          Always spot on, HR. Keep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetmeck View Post
            Moreno may not be a take it to the house guy but he does EVERYTHING else
            very dam well. He will get another job easily if we do not resign him.

He is well spoken, stays out of trouble and does it all and has upped his monetary valiue over the last two seasons. He will do well elsewhere if necessary.
            ?

Comment

We'd miss his pass blocking more than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Blart View Post
                Money Ball has been awesome, I don't think we miss him as much as many think.

We do need to find a backup to Ball. I don't think we'll cut it with Hillman and CJ behind him.

Comment

I wouldn't be upset if we win the Super Bowl and he wants to follow the money. You can't knock him for wanting to get his payday after he won a ring. I would like to resign but I think Ball, CJ Anderson, and maybe a 4th rounder would still be good.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised to see a struggling franchise overpay for his services.

Comment

I think he's a cap casualty and this is the right move to let him go.

With Ball, Hillman, Anderson, and possibly a FA/draft pick this team should be set at RB next year.

Comment

FO knows they need to shift money toward the WRs they've been getting on rookie bargain deals, time for RBs to be the area of cheap production.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post
                          this thread and topic are both gay

edit- and misleading.
                          gay?

i think it would be more gay if it mentioned fun juice

Comment

I wouldn't want to over pay if some other team offers a big contract (don't really see that happening though), but he's already making about $3.5 million this year - a bump up to $4.5-5/year would probably be pretty easy to fit into the cap/budget.

Comment

This isn't surprising at all.

We can't afford him with the other needs and us having Ball, Anderson and Hillman.

It sucks but it's how it is.

Originally posted by Blart View Post
                              His catching ability is also top notch. Seen a lot of 1 handed grabs and balls almost hitting the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
                                gay?

i think it would be more gay if it mentioned fun juice

Brah, you joshin?

If it were fun juice, it would be the gayest....

Comment

Working...
                                X