Last time the Seahawks made the Super Bowl, they blamed the refs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last time the Seahawks made the Super Bowl, they blamed the refs

When the Seahawks lost to the Steelers in the Super Bowl, the team and pretty much the fan base blamed it on the refs. While it did appear that a number of close calls went the Steelers way, that was a holding by the right tackle on that pass play that got the Seahawks down to the one yard line, that was offensive pass interference in the endzone that took a touchdown off the board for the Seahawks, and Ben Roethlisberger did make it into the end zone on that goal line play (even if he were short, they probably go for it on 4th down and they get it anyways.)

Hopefully the refs won't play a role in this game at all.

The refs were pretty retarded in that one. It felt like they were making calls to get Jerome a ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason in LA View Post
      When the Seahawks lost to the Steelers in the Super Bowl, the team and pretty much the fan base blamed it on the refs. While it did appear that a number of close calls went the Steelers way, that was a holding by the right tackle on that pass play that got the Seahawks down to the one yard line, that was offensive pass interference in the endzone that took a touchdown off the board for the Seahawks, and Ben Roethlisberger did make it into the end zone on that goal line play (even if he were short, they probably go for it on 4th down and they get it anyways.)

Hopefully the refs won't play a role in this game at all.
      Seattle got screwed in that Super Bowl. My god one of the worst officiated Super Bowls ever and EVREy call went against Seattle... It was sad.

I hope it continues, no sense in breaking tradition!!!

Comment

The three biggest calls that I remembered, which I stated above, were all correct from the way that I saw it. I can't think of any game changing calls outside of those three that were questionable.

Comment

I thought the refs sucked. Seahawks fans had a case of favoritism for Steelers.

Comment

I thought the ones that Seahawks fans were mad about were bad calls. But I'd also be interested in knowing what, and if any, calls went against Pittsburgh. If you win, you don't complain as much. I'm not sure if this was the case then.

Comment

I've been telling all my Seahawk friends to remember that the Zebra is a HORSE!

Comment

They were still up 3 points when the last bad call was made.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggcow View Post
                  They were still up 3 points when the last bad call was made.
                  They coulda been up 13-17.

Comment

If you allow the refs to change the game you lost the game.

I'll always believe that because I've always believed they've (NFL) has dictated to the officials.

The week the Donks played the Pats there was almost no PI called and the Pats mugged you. They very next week it was flags all over.

There's no consistency from game to game...

Comment

Originally posted by Jason in LA View Post
                      The three biggest calls that I remembered, which I stated above, were all correct from the way that I saw it. I can't think of any game changing calls outside of those three that were questionable.
                      That game the NFL was exposed. Worst officiated Super Bowl I've ever seen. Shehawks truly did need to beat the Steelers and the officials that game. They were robbed!

Comment

GMAFB! The ONLY SB where the team that had the most yardage, time of posession, won the TO battle lost the game. Why? Refs. End of story.
                        Of course we have been getting screwed ever since Hocchuli screwed up, so hopefully the zebras are not a factor either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol#7 View Post
                          Of course we have been getting screwed ever since Hocchuli screwed up, so hopefully the zebras are not a factor either way.
                          Hocchuli is by far, without a doubt, the one man you don't want calling your game...

Comment

Originally posted by Ol#7 View Post
                            GMAFB! The ONLY SB where the team that had the most yardage, time of posession, won the TO battle lost the game. Why? Refs. End of story.
                            Not to mention the worst QB performance by the winning team EVER in a SB. I don't normally believe that refs "cause" a team to win or lose with a couple of bad calls, but that was so outrageous and obvious.

Comment

That game was poorly reffed.

The defensive holding that is being allowed by the refs will really tell me a lot early on in the game for it will be called. If they are tight with the flag, then I hope its just consistent.

Comment

Working...
                              X