Why this week I would be nervous being a Broncos fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why this week I would be nervous being a Broncos fan

Congrats Broncos fans. The team is playing well on both sides of the ball at the right time.

The line in Las Vegas is Denver -2.5 and the vast majority of money is on Denver. Las Vegas doesn't usually lose big.

On paper this seems like a comfortable win for Denver. The NFL is all about QB play and Manning led Denver has a huge advantage.

Denver stops the run well and they should be able to contain Marshawn Lynch.

A blowout is not out of the question.

On the other hand I can't see Las Vegas having their head handed to them.
    Last edited by JWBlue; 01-28-2014, 05:38 PM.

I don't understand...you say we should be nervous, but your post would lead one to have confidence?

I agree with your post, rather than your title, but thanks

For myself, I am not worried about this game, I do believe we win comfortably.

Comment

He's saying that everyone is betting Denver, and Vegas doesn't usually lose money, therefore Seahawks win.

Comment

I'm only nervous because anything can happen in football. Denver vs. Seattle is a schematic mismatch of epic proportions though. As long as Denver plays their game they will win and likely win handily.

Comment

SD jinx mojo doesnt work. It died with the defeat of the bolo tie wearing marmalard.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncobiv View Post
            He's saying that everyone is betting Denver, and Vegas doesn't usually lose money, therefore Seahawks win.
            Vegas loses money all the time. They just don't lose money often enough for it to counter all the sucker bets that make them rich.

Comment

Originally posted by JWBlue View Post
              Congrats Broncos fans. The team is playing well on both sides of the ball at the right time.

The line in Las Vegas is Denver -2.5 and the vast majority of money is on Denver. Las Vegas doesn't usually lose big.

On paper this seems like a comfortable win for Denver. The NFL is all about QB play and Manning led Denver has a huge advantage.

Denver stops the run well and they should be able to contain Marshawn Lynch.

A blowout is not out of the question.

On the other hand I can't see Las Vegas having their head handed to them.
              Great story brah

Comment

I know Seattle was favored by 1 the instant they won the NFCCG, and within the hour it had moved to Denver -2.5. So the line has not moved in 9 days.

Wouldn't that imply that the vast majority of money is not on Denver? That it is pretty evenly split? If it was as lopsided as you're implying, the line would've moved further in Denver's favor in order to encourage people to bet Seattle.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanatic View Post
                  I don't understand...you say we should be nervous, but your post would lead one to have confidence?

I agree with your post, rather than your title, but thanks

For myself, I am not worried about this game, I do believe we win comfortably.
                  XXXII--Broncos were couple digit underdogs.

Comment

I know Seattle was favored by 1 the instant they won the NFCCG, and within the hour it had moved to Denver -2.5. So the line has not moved in 9 days.

Wouldn't that imply that the vast majority of money is not on Denver? That it is pretty evenly split? If it was as lopsided as you're implying, the line would've moved further in Denver's favor in order to encourage people to bet Seattle.
                    The uncertainty of weather was a big factor in the original line.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleTilde View Post
                      XXXII--Broncos were couple digit underdogs.
                      Wasn't it a 7 point spread? I had the Broncos on the Moneyline and -3.5 that year .

Comment

Originally posted by andyh64000 View Post
                        Wasn't it a 7 point spread? I had the Broncos on the Moneyline and -3.5 that year .
                        I remember it being GB -13.5

Comment

I remember it being GB -13.5
                          You are right (or much closer). I guess is closed at -11.

Comment

Thanks, Boltsfan. But don't worry about us. We've been to quite a few of these Super Bowls. We know how to handle the nerves. I'm not sayin'...

Comment

Great thread you horrible dip****

Comment

Working...
                              X