X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, at least it wasn't Easternbloc.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
      Who cares because he isn't playing anyways.
      "Yeah, I thought the same thing...I missed curfew and snuck in a few hours before we had to get up...I was hung over and on the 2nd drive of the game Boyd Dowler went down with an injury...."

But hey you never know...maybe it works out for us.....

In the 1966 season, McGee caught only four passes for 91 yards and a touchdown as the Packers recorded a 12-2 record and advanced to Super Bowl I against the Kansas City Chiefs. McGee did not expect to play in the game and he violated his team's curfew policy and spent the night before the Super Bowl out on the town. The next morning he told starting receiver Boyd Dowler, "I hope you don't get hurt. I'm not in very good shape," alluding to his hangover.[3] Dowler went down with a separated shoulder on the Packers' second drive of the game, and McGee, who had to borrow a teammate's helmet because he had not brought his own out of the locker room, was put into the game. A few plays later, McGee made a one-handed reception of a pass from Bart Starr, took off past Chiefs defender Fred Williamson and ran 37 yards to score the first touchdown in Super Bowl history. By the end of the game, McGee had recorded seven receptions for 138 yards and two touchdowns, assisting Green Bay to a 35-10 victory.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFox View Post

Fumbler? Check. Can't tackle? Check. Going to strip clubs during SB week? Check. Next!
        who cares if a RB can tackle?

Comment

Originally posted by errand View Post
          52 weeks in a fr!cking year.....and he chooses this one to lose focus.

Well hopefully he'll turn into our Max McGee
          Fox put in his 1st bed check of the week today per ESPN NFL Insiders, he gave the team the rest of the day off after Media day but wanted them all in by 1am.

Personally I would have put it at 12pm though I guess them being on Eastern time they are 2 hours ahead of their normal schedules/body rhythms.

Comment

My old man is pretty high up in his company, and by his word a potential hire's personal time is definitely fair game in the evaluation process. And guess what?! They care if you go to titty bahs. Fair or not, but I guess people read into your judgment if you waste money on getting blue balls.

I haven't detected any self-righteousness in this thread, either. Definitely more apathy and ridicule than anything else. If you do detect some it might be a case, a kind of reverse psychology, where you project a holier-than-thou attitude so as to denounce it, and therefore feel self-righteous at tearing down someone else's self-righteousness.

Comment

I don't see the big deal. Been to many a strip club myself and enjoyed the living daylights out of it.

Comment

Add me to the "who gives a ****" group.

Unless he's pulling a Von, it's not really going to affect his ability to be a scout team RB who's deactivated on game day. With Montee Ball emerging as a potential feature back next year and KM having an amazing year, it's not like he's really going to be here much longer. Probably see his SB ring on Pawn Stars in a couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
                  Lance Ball came into our ski shop the other day. Pretty sure he's around Denver these days.
                  **** THAT!

JJ way before we ever even think of bringing Mr. Mediocre (I'm being generous) back into the fold.
                  Last edited by stoxman; 01-28-2014, 07:45 PM.

Comment

"Yeah, I thought the same thing...I missed curfew and snuck in a few hours before we had to get up...I was hung over and on the 2nd drive of the game Boyd Dowler went down with an injury...."

But hey you never know...maybe it works out for us.....

In the 1966 season, McGee caught only four passes for 91 yards and a touchdown as the Packers recorded a 12-2 record and advanced to Super Bowl I against the Kansas City Chiefs. McGee did not expect to play in the game and he violated his team's curfew policy and spent the night before the Super Bowl out on the town. The next morning he told starting receiver Boyd Dowler, "I hope you don't get hurt. I'm not in very good shape," alluding to his hangover.[3] Dowler went down with a separated shoulder on the Packers' second drive of the game, and McGee, who had to borrow a teammate's helmet because he had not brought his own out of the locker room, was put into the game. A few plays later, McGee made a one-handed reception of a pass from Bart Starr, took off past Chiefs defender Fred Williamson and ran 37 yards to score the first touchdown in Super Bowl history. By the end of the game, McGee had recorded seven receptions for 138 yards and two touchdowns, assisting Green Bay to a 35-10 victory.
                    Yes that is a nice story but it will be hard to play when you are inactive. He is number 4 on the RB list.

Comment

Pretty much the reaction I was expecting. Who gives a damn if the guy went out to have fun.

Comment

Meanwhile, Richard Sherman has this to say when asked during media day what he thought about young women working at strip clubs

Out

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qa3uFGgA9GI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

who cares if a RB can tackle?
                          Special team coverage. Would need to tackle then.

Out

Comment

I don't have any issue with a 3rd stringer hittin the clubs, but c'mon man, at least hit the A level club.

I've seen better trim in Cheyenne Wyoming.

Comment

52 weeks in a fr!cking year.....and he chooses this one to lose focus.

Well hopefully he'll turn into our Max McGee
                              This pretty much sums it up for me.

Going to a strip club doesn't bother me. The timing and the photo demonstrate a lack of focus and judgment.

But my opinion doesn't matter. Pretty sure Hillman is going to get the Manning Stare. It's like Scanners only real.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncsCheer View Post

I've seen better trim in Cheyenne Wyoming.
                                Didnt they close down the Clowns Den?

Comment

Working...
                                X