Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hate Paris Lenon - Not After Reading This Article

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/27/paris-...super-bowl-48/

Paul Ferraro, Rams linebackers coach, 2009-11: “One of my favorite players I’ve ever coached, and I only had him for one year. I couldn’t believe when I watched the Lions’ tape that this guy wasn’t with anybody. My biggest disappointment is that we didn’t keep him. The way he studied the game—I had to be on my toes.
    Matt Raich, Cardinals linebackers coach, 2009-2012: “We had a big void when Karlos Dansby left. We signed Paris, and it ended up being one of the greatest signs we had. He was the smartest linebacker I’ve ever coached. All the younger players called him Uncle Paris. He’s just a blue-collar football player. In his second season the team voted him captain.”
    Phil Snow, Lions defensive assistant, 2005-09: “Paris is a true bro. He plays the game the way it’s supposed to be played. He became a free agent out of Green Bay, and I kind of found him. He’s not real flashy, so you’re thinking, is this guy any good? And then you see the knowledge of the game and how well he kept himself in condition; that made him a good player.”

“Paris has played a lot of football,” Broncos defensive tackle Terrance Knighton said. “He’s played in different leagues and played with a lot of different guys. He’s played on good defenses and he’s seen a lot of football. And the good thing about him, he shares his knowledge.

“When you have a veteran guy, you can trust him. You know he’s going to be there. When you’ve played as much as he has, nothing is new to you. You aren’t fooled by anything. Paris is always where he’s supposed to be on the field.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz2rfGZCnbx

Comment

He still sucks! Everybody can see him on the field getting abused in coverage and late in the run game.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
        He still sucks! Everybody can see him on the field getting abused in coverage and late in the run game.
        But yet we have shut down the run and given up the least amount points we have all season with him starting the last four games.

Interesting.

Comment

he has been a solid mike in the base imo.

also, from the link in the OP:
          From the middle of 2007 through the end of 2009, when he spent a season with the 1-15 Rams, Lenon went through a personal stretch of 2 wins and 38 losses.

Comment

So he is a smart guy that isn't very good at MIKE.

Foxworth was a very smart guy but we got rid of him.

The Broncos traded Foxworth to the Atlanta Falcons in September 2008 for a conditional seventh-round pick in the 2009 NFL Draft.

He is big time now with the NFLPA.
            Last edited by broncocalijohn; 01-27-2014, 08:47 PM.

Comment

I like Paris Lenon. He's a key cog in the Broncos Defense now.

Comment

I don't think anyone "hates" him. More like people wishing we had Karlos Dansby instead.

Comment

Originally posted by bronco0608 View Post
                  But yet we have shut down the run and given up the least amount points we have all season with him starting the last four games.

Interesting.
                  Yeah his amazing one tackle a game during that stretch had more of an impact than Woody coming back along with Knighton and the D-line really stepping up.

Comment

Some guys just don't want to give up their cherished and carefully calculated untruths.

Comment

Originally posted by Paladin View Post
                      Some guys just don't want to give up their cherished and carefully calculated untruths.
                      This. It just gets me how some guys think they know more than the coaching staff who watch the tape and see him in practice every day.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
                        Not a world beater, but he's out performed my expectations.
                        I'll rely on a smart leader in base packages to force third downs, and expect young talented athletes to step up in stunts and force punts. Overall we have a very creative yet ruthless DC telling these guys what to do. Our D has time and again played up to the challenge when it matters this year (playoffs). Trevathan lays wood, Champ gets a pick, potroast stuffs the run, drc or carter get a pick six.

Comment

Originally posted by myMind View Post
                          I'll rely on a smart leader in base packages to force third downs, and expect young talented athletes to step up in stunts and force punts. Overall we have a very creative yet ruthless DC telling these guys what to do. Our D has time and again played up to the challenge when it matters this year (playoffs). Trevathan lays wood, Champ gets a pick, potroast stuffs the run, drc and carter get a pick six.
                          FYP

Comment

I hate Paris Hilton.

Comment

Originally posted by bronco0608 View Post

Interesting.
                              Truth, killing him with truth. It is also why you see Woodyard sub in during nickel packages, better coverage.

Comment

Working...
                              X