Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garafolo: John Elway's preseason tirade set Broncos' course

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/m...-course-012714

John Elway was steaming as he walked through the doors and into the team meeting. In Denver Broncos cornerback Tony Carter's estimation, Elway was "hotter than fish grease."

This was not the postseason or even the regular season. It was August, after a 40-10 loss to the Seattle Seahawks in a preseason game at CenturyLink Field. It was a game that meant nothing in the standings. But to Elway, on that day, it meant everything.

And so, as several Broncos players told FOX Sports last week, an agitated executive vice president of football operations gave a rare, honest, critical and emotional speech that day to make it clear a performance like that was well below the standards of an organization with its sights on playing into February.

****. Yes.

We're not losing this game.

Comment

Is John Elway the f'n man or what? Who is going to speak up the duke?

Comment

Thank you, John Elway.

Comment

When a true and respected champion of the ages calls you out, it hits home more loudly and clearly then some rah rah speech among players in a locker room.

Comment

They should show this video to the team before they take the field on Sunday:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GkJRaAFzK54" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
              They should show this video to the team before they take the field on Sunday:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GkJRaAFzK54" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
              I remember hearing the radio host Art Bell talk about that play. He was routing for Green Bay -- he said when he saw that scramble he knew the Packers were done.

Vintage Elway.

Comment

Elway is still the man.

Comment

I wonder what Bubby Brister thinks of the 'meaningless' pre-season

Comment

Thanks, Jeanine Garafolo! You're pretty stupid about politics, but you write a good football piece.

Comment

When Mr. Bowlen is ready to step down he should see that Mr. Elway takes over the team. This smooth transition will guarantee the Broncos' dominance in NFL for a few decades.

Comment

My love for that man grows every day.

Comment

Sounds like John gave the Tough and Competent speech!

Comment

Nothing my favorite player or now manager does amazes me. His greatness is normal to me.

I should change my name to elwaybronco

Comment

He's still got those QB instincts in him.

Comment

Working...
                              X