X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRC will consider retirement if we win this Sunday

According to tweets from Lombardi

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 4m

DRC just said - again - if he wins the Super Bowl, he'll strongly consider retiring. What??

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 56s

DRC is on a one-year deal. If he does call it quits, he wants to become a guidance counselor. The best cover counselor in all the land.

Attention seeking, or reality, but the guy's crazy cos he's at the top of his game right now. Could be a ploy to land a huge contract this offseason but if he doesn't come back, especially to us and with Champ on the verge of possible retirement, we'll have a lot of recruiting to do at cornerback this offseason

right now, I don't care. One more game to go...

Comment

"please someone, throw a ****ton of cash my way"

Comment

just win, dammit.

Comment

Sucks if true, but have to respect guys that have bigger goals in life then just playing sports.

Although seems really stupid. Make some millions now while you can. Kids will still be there to guide a few years down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
            right now, I don't care. One more game to go...
            Yeah, I agree.

And I don't blame DRC. He's young, healthy, and loaded. I can understand why a player would want to quit before his body really starts to break down.

Comment

DRC is at the top of his game and is having his best season in years, maybe ever. Can't imagine him walking away. Some team (probably the Broncos) will be willing to pay him. Even Champ walking away would be stunning to me when he probably has at least another good year or two. He seemed to find new life when he started playing in the slot IMHO.

Comment

Stay in the league DRC, and hopefully the Broncos give you a well deserved contract and you can practice guidance counseling on all of your cousin's kids in the offseason when they grow up we all know he has a lot.

Comment

I hope he goes out as SB MVP.

Comment

Not sure you'd want to sign a guy long term that's thinking about retirement. But considering the brain and concussion issues it's hard to really blame him.

Comment

Let's win first then we will worry about DRC.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
                        "please someone, throw a ****ton of cash my way"
                        This.

Comment

I would be shocked if he really retires. He is having a great season, isn't old, and can expect a big payday coming his way. Why in the world would he consider retiring? I think he is saying this for other reasons. Talking just to talk? Money? Who knows.

Comment

Nothing new....he was saying this back in the beginning of the year, maybe even pre-season. He's consistent at least.

Comment

The obvious answer and logic is to lose so he at least plays one more season!

Comment

Working...
                              X