I have a major serious problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a major serious problem

I’ve got a ton to do this week, some serious projects and errands. The issue I’m raising is that the Denver Broncos are playing in the Super Bowl this Sunday. As such, concentration level is a major concern. I’ll be too distracted and anxious to focus.

Please help me. What are some things you all do to keep your mind off this humongous moment in time creeping closer and closer to kickoff?

Not a major trivial problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggcow View Post
      Not a major trivial problem?
      Nah, that’s reserved for stuff like, will I get to a toilet in time after eating this taco truck meal?

Comment

Play League

Comment

I scoff at your problems.

I just moved to Sicily, which is pretty awesome... however I have no internet in my place yet and have no idea if I'll be able to find a bar to watch the game in.

So yeah, I may not be able to watch the game.

Yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by TD4HOF View Post
            I’ve got a ton to do this week, some serious projects and errands. The issue I’m raising is that the Denver Broncos are playing in the Super Bowl this Sunday. As such, concentration level is a major concern. I’ll be too distracted and anxious to focus.

Please help me. What are some things you all do to keep your mind off this humongous moment in time creeping closer and closer to kickoff?
            My schedule for this week includes several social engagements with friends who happen to be Chickens fans (what can I say? I live in an area that's primarily Chickens fans.) I'm growing used to being direly warned that doom is imminent for my Broncos... and have found the best response is just to smile and say "We'll see on Sunday".

Comment

Originally posted by The Joker View Post
              I scoff at your problems.

I just moved to Sicily, which is pretty awesome... however I have no internet in my place yet and have no idea if I'll be able to find a bar to watch the game in.

So yeah, I may not be able to watch the game.

Yeah.
              You need to be making a fundraiser to buy an internet company, stat. As in ****ing get going. This is a 5 alarm, threat level Zulu problem here. Holy **** man.

Comment

Taking my son to Disney World on Thur/Fri for his 5th birthday. Should help to pass the time those 2 days.

Comment

Yeah. My focus at work is going to be **** this week. I'll be there but in no way present. I also suspect friday will be worse than today. I had a dream about the superbowl last night. It woke me up at 430 this morning. It was a glorious dream.

Come on sunday...

Comment

The issue I’m raising is that the Denver Broncos are playing in the Super Bowl this Sunday.
                    What?!? That can't be right......can someone confirm?

Comment

Nothing you can do. It's like Christmas. No matter what you do to distract yourself, it's still there, the anticipation of getting exactly what you want....and you will.

Also, perfect answer Blue, it's what I'm using. My boss is a Hawks fan and has given me crap since the beginning of the year. I've know since the end of last year this was the Broncos year and that answer is really starting to frustrate her. Love it!

Comment

Cocaine is a hell of a drug

Comment

Masturbate a lot. That will kill some time.

Comment

I'd suggest cleaning out the pipe a few times a day- you're carrying around too much pent up mojo...

ya dig?

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
                              You have to use it as motivation.

If you don't get it done asap, you will NOT be enjoying the Super Bowl optimally.
                              This is how I'm looking at it too. I'm leaving for Vegas on Friday afternoon. If all my stuff isn't done, I'll have to bring work with me. If I bring work with me, I'll be drinking as I work. If I'm drinking while I work, I write in a stream of consciousness. If I write in a stream of consciousness, words like BLERG and FART go into the press release. If BLERG and FART go into the press release, I get fired and have to live on the street.

I don't want to get fired and have to live on the street.

Comment

Working...
                              X