Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R8R H8R
    replied
    The unofficial co-MVP on Sunday will be the Broncos defense. You can book it, and seagull fans along with the national media will all say "where did that come from?"

This defense is playing as well as anyone in playoffs, and only the Broncos, the local media, and Broncos fans really know about it. They have been overshadowed by the Broncos offense (rightfully so) and the loudmouths on the seagulls defense.

Leave a comment:

• nyuk nyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Greatspirits View Post
    No offense, but they're no different than Bronco fans when we started going to Super Bowls. There just excited and delusional at the same time!
    THIS. Thats why 30,000 Seattle fans showed up to send the team off. Those people are like teenagers seeing their first set of boobies in real life. This is our 7th Super Bowl and we are much more sophisticated about it. This is business and we aren't throwing a big stink about it unless the trophy is in our hands.

Back in the 80s before we lost those 3 Super Bowls in 4 years and ended up a humiliated, beaten down pile of defeat, we did the same thing. People going crazy, painting their cars, houses, etc. Super Humiliation changed all that, and even after those back to back wins, we're still tentative in the playoffs. I plead guilty to it, too, I have that mentality. I was actually sitting there when the AFC Championship started on TV and one of my first thoughts was dread and something to the effect of, "Oh ****, what if we win?" popped into my head. Fear of that dread of being humiliated the way we were so terribly in the 80s has resided in my noggin since then and it surfaces at select times in the post-season. I admit it: Since then my philosophy has been that if we can't win the Super Bowl, I don't want to go. I want to lose before then, and I've heard other Broncos fans say the same. Back then I was cursed out in downtown Denver for wearing a Broncos jersey. Booed at repeatedly and a guy yelled at me to get that crap off my back. Those were UGLY times. It is not an easy thing to get that hyped up about the Super Bowl just to lose.

Leave a comment:

• nyuk nyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by bowtown View Post
    Naw, it's good. The more they get excited and get their hopes up, the harder the crash is going to be.

Leave a comment:

• No1BroncoFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Requiem View Post
    I was in Seattle for two weeks and it rained once.
    So, you were there for the whole summer then?

Leave a comment:

• Eldorado
    replied
    Originally posted by theknowitall View Post
    Hey they only see the sun for mere moments a day. so don't fault them if they're ignorant and uneducated. They have nothing to be proud of in their city other than 10,000 starbucks and a communist on city council!
    Try running some family smack at them. See if that gets em going.

Leave a comment:

• TripleTilde
    replied
    No offense, but they're no different than Bronco fans when we started going to Super Bowls. There just excited and delusional at the same time!
    Not exactly. The old Mile High was selling out games well before Denver had a winning season. It's these bandwagon jumping Seattle fans that seem to be annoying everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco Yoda
    replied
    This SB matchup does have a little 'feeling' that reminds me a little bit of SBXII. We're just on the other foot this time.

Back then the1977 Broncos made it on flaming emotion and played a tough game against their bitter rivals (Raiders) to barely make it into the Super Bowl. The AFC championship felt like a championship game to us....Just like Seattle & (49er's) this year.

1977 Broncos enjoyed the loudest home field crowd (old Mile High) & named our new tough Defense (The orange Crush). Seattle has feasted off the loudest stadium and enjoyed all that that brings along with naming their D a catchy name also (LOB).

1977 Broncos had never won a championship before and fans we're in crazy mode (IMO more than the hawk fans. Coloradoans were painting EVERYTHING orange). Hawks have never won a championship and are taking it to the Web instead of painting things)

1977 Bronocos were going up against a legendary QB (Roger Staubach). Just like the Hawks are going up against a legendary QB (PFM).

1977 Broncos had a brash D personality in Lyle Alzado. Hawks have Sherman the Mouth.

1977 Broncos were the young kid on the block with the Cowboys going into the game with a workman like attitude. now it's the Young hawks playing the storied franchise with the Broncos coming in with a very workman like attitude.

The Hawk fans are now the new kids on the block... and they're acting like it.

(SB33 also comes to mind with the Dirty birds disrespect and trash talking also)
    Last edited by Bronco Yoda; 01-28-2014, 07:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Atwater His Ass
    replied
    Too late. Mexicans have already taken over.

Leave a comment:

• itswutz4dinna
    replied
    Originally posted by rsrobinson View Post
    The Seahawks scored 417 points for an average of 26.1 ppg vs. 396 points and 24.8 ppg for the Chargers and also played a much stronger slate of good defenses than either the Chargers or Broncos. Now maybe the Chargers scored slightly more points if you remove defensive and special teams scores but unless you want to pretend that those scores don't count the Seahawks have the higher scoring TEAM.
    Chargers had 158 offensive drives. They were 1st in yards, plays, TOP, 3rd down %, and 3 & outs. They were 2nd to the Broncos in points per drive and DSR. 2nd place being higher than the 9th place Seahawks.

Chargers and Broncos were on their own island compared to the rest of the league in offense this year. The Seahawks were right in the middle of everyone-else land, around 13th.

Per game statistics are ridiculously stupid.

Leave a comment:

• bronc_fan23
    replied
    Originally posted by Requiem View Post

Shhhh that's the rumor and reputation we want, to keep those damn Californians from moving out here.

Leave a comment:

• Requiem
    replied

Leave a comment:

• theknowitall
    replied
    It's like they just woke up and realize they have a football team.. Before all they had was Starbucks and well fog, rain and gloom!

Leave a comment:

• theknowitall
    replied
    Seattle suck! Have you ever been there? It's like London only sucks!

Leave a comment:

• Requiem
    replied
    Originally posted by theknowitall View Post
    Hey they only see the sun for mere moments a day. so don't fault them if they're ignorant and uneducated. They have nothing to be proud of in their city other than 10,000 starbucks and a communist on city council!
    Stop. Seattle is a nice city with good people.

Leave a comment:

• Greatspirits
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X