Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it time to retire Roman numerals for Super Bowls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it time to retire Roman numerals for Super Bowls?

Isn't it time to retire Roman numerals for Super Bowls?

Seriously, is anyone really thinking about Super Bowl 48 as Super Bowl XLVIII.

Sure, I get it: using Roman numerals makes it seem more majestic. And that was probably fine up to, say, Super Bowl XXIII. But enough is enough already.

The Western World is indebted to the Romans for A LOT of stuff, but a rational numerical system is NOT one of those things.

Who's wit me?

Out

i just showed up to say this IN

Comment

I know my Roman numerals, so I'm good to go. But I'm not surprised someone from Seattle would complain about this. Seattle people like to complain about everything.

Complaining is easy to do and it's also not exactly a sign of strength. But that's Seattle.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleTilde View Post
        I know my Roman numerals, so I'm good to go. But I'm not surprised someone from Seattle would complain about this. Seattle people like to complain about everything.

Complaining is easy to do and it's also not exactly a sign of strength. But that's Seattle.
        Quick -- what's this: MCMXCIX *

You do realize that the Roman numeral system only works up to 3,999. So in 1,985 years the NFL will be forced to abandon the system, anyway.

*Clue: this was the year when Denver won its last Super Bowl.

Out

Comment

http://youtu.be/I9Gf8JZ0wIw

Seattle is like the woman in this clip who dropped her Frankfurter.

Comment

Originally posted by Armchair Bronco View Post

You do realize that the Roman numeral system only works up to 3,999. So in 1,985 years the NFL will be forced to abandon the system, anyway.

Out

Comment

Out
              IN
              Last edited by DAN_BRONCO_FAN; 01-26-2014, 01:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DAN_BRONCO_FAN View Post
                IN
                Weren't you already IN on post #2? You're IN again?

I've already recorded your vote in favor of abandoning Roman numerals for the Super Bowl.

Out

Comment

Roman numbers look awesome on the jerseys so no. And does anyone think something is up with he whole "Roman numbers" like America and The Romans both fead there people entertainment to side track them from real life issues.

Comment

As if there weren't enough stupid threads on here....now we got Seahawks fan whining about Roman numerals

Comment

Originally posted by errand View Post
                      As if there weren't enough stupid threads on here....now we got Seahawks fan whining about Roman numerals
                      You'll note that nowhere in the title nor the OP did I mention that team ya'll get so worked up about when I mention it.

Hey, the OP is germane to the Big Dance, it's topical, and it injects some well-needed levity into the mix.

Out

Comment

No. Make these youngsters figure it out. Society has done enough to "dumb it down", for our youth...

Comment

Did someone say In & Out Burger??

Comment

Comment

Actually all you have to do is put a line above the Roman numeral to denote 1,000x. So 4,000 is IV with a horizontal line above both numerals.

Comment

Working...
                              X