Memorable Broncos Seahawks games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorable Broncos Seahawks games

Sorry to interrupt the non stop trolling and troll feeding this board has become leading up to the biggest game in the board's history (I guess its unavoidable, but its a drag nonetheless). I stumbled upon this article listing the supposedly most memorable Broncos Seahawks games from the old days when they were AFC West rivals.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/photos/...roncos-rivalry

It's a nice idea to try and compile some of those games but they obviously didn't spend much time on it. There are some glaring omissions from the list. Most notably both games during the 1984 season. Both teams were really good that year in a powerhouse division (three teams with 11+ wins). In week 13 the 10-2 Seahawks came into Mile High Stadium against the 11-1 Broncos. The Seahawks scored on the first play from scrimmage en route to an upset that gave them control of the division, especially after the Broncos lost the following week at Kansas City. Seattle would also go on to lose at Kansas City setting up a final week showdown at the Kingdome for the division. The Broncos got payback and and beat the Seahawks 31-14 to win the AFC West.

I started following the Broncos in 1983 when I was seven years old, and that victory at the Kingdome is probably my earliest memory of a significant Broncos victory. I remember being elated by Steve Foley's pick 6 that put the game on ice.

This wasn't necessarily a significant game but TD got 2000 yards in the final game of the season against the Seahawks in 1998.

Those are the games that stand out most in my memory. Anyone have other games in this series that stand out?

A lot of great records were set when Denver played Seattle:

Terrell Davis surpassed the 2000 yard mark rushing against Seattle. I think he needed 187 rushing yards heading into that game, and I KNEW he would get it because the Hawks of that era had a very porous D-Line.

Then there was the epic pass to Shannon Sharpe in the Kingdom after Elway ducked under a blitzing linebacker, stood up, and flat-footed threw a perfect 50 yard bomb to Shannon Sharpe. I was at that game, and for me that was the signature play of Elway's career.

Out

Comment

Scroll forward to 1:34-ish

Out

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UQecaYSKsB0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

The one that stands out to me was the season finale in 1998. Terrell Davis needed a big game to break 2000. No matter. They were playing the Seahags. Whatever he needed, dial it up--it was against Seattle.

Yet another example of how Denver trampled Seattle on its way to greatness.

And here we are again. Will it be yet another Denver-Seattle best down?

Comment

Originally posted by TripleTilde View Post
          Will it be yet another Denver-Seattle best down?
          WTF is a "best down"?

Out

Comment

Armchair Seahawk, you are terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
              WTF is a "best down"?

Out
              Ask auto correct. It should have been beat down. You should be conditioned by now. I shouldn't even need to explain it.

Comment

Out

Comment

I feel like a medal should come with this. I'm somewhat proud to turn the tables on a troll. Seriously, he's pissing so many people off but I'm the shot in the dark that hits the mark. Do you think it was my thread putting Seattle in its historical place?

Comment

WTF is saying "out" at the end of your post like it's 1997 and Jim Rome venacular is actually hip and edgey. Rack him...

Comment

Originally posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
                      WTF is saying "out" at the end of your post like it's 1997 and Jim Rome venacular is actually hip and edgey. Rack him...
                      I'm paying homage to an old poster who predates even the Orange Mane.

Being back in the Super Bowl for the first time since 1999 has put me on a nostalgia trip. And one of those memories is of a rival poster with the alias "KCBH". He was an "enemy" from Kansas City, but was a solid contributor to the discourse. The dude *ALWAYS* ended every post with 'Out' -- although I'm not sure if it was:

Out
                      out
                      Out.
                      out.

Anyway, I've settled on my own 'hat tip' to KCBH which I intended to use until the Super Bowl is over.

Out

Comment

Douche bag...

Comment

Here's a link to the Box Score for the Seattle @ Denver game in 1998 that put TD over the 2,000 yard mark:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...le.denver.html

Comment

WTF is a "best down"?

Out

Out
                            Can we ban this troll?

He quotes him then tries to "show off him being on ignore" lol

Just... Pathetic.

Comment

^^ Learn how to read a timeline. The quote came *before* the IGNORE.

Stop re-writing history.

Out

Comment

Working...
                              X